Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Default oaklawn

Who has the scoop on Oaklawn??? I will try to give solid pics each day. I know a couple of the owners, so maybe I can get some good info.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Me and smartyalex follow it pretty close. Your pics will be taken under advicement just like everyone else's until your proven. Not starting trouble but avoid the words lock and winner for sure and we'll all get along. Good Luck opening weekend. I Like Magtown Missile in the last Friday. Seh's low odds but the race has a super in it. Siphionzer will be one of the others to watch I think.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Default oaklawn

thanks for the reply. I like Pistol Avenue in that race also. He runs good at Oaklawn, but it usually takes him a race or 2.

In the 5th I'm looking closely at Princes Kathleen
Old 01-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Delaware Park

Default Friday Plays

Going over for opening day tomorrow. Printed out the first form Tuesday and have been giving it scrutiny normally reserved for Breeders Cup and Triple Crown race days! Being a degenerate, I'll play every race of the meet, but the few horses I actually like are below. OAKLAWN BABY!!!!

3rd: Lovethatsilvermist, #1 - Raced competetively while racing wide against better at TP. Drop to Arky-bred company should be to her liking. Inside post is undesirable, but think she graduates.

6th: Big Red Ranger, #9 - Saalb looks to be fastest, but has quit early since being moved from Assmussen to Moquett. BRR should be just behind and if she doesn't press the pace will have first run.

7th: Kettleoneup, #1 - Gotten good since stretching to a mile and looks like the extra 16th will only help. Tomlinson always brings a few good ones to Oaklawn and the 1 hole rules routes on this strip.

8th: Go Poppa Fooze, #12 - Cole Norman works his ranks fast anyway, but 6f move on Jan. 6th was 2 full seconds clear of next best and I think he is pure speed. 5.5 races at OP are won from off the pace more often than you might expect and if GPF fades, I like First Regent, #6 to pick up the running.

9th: Tuff Man Dan, # 3 - Looks like lots of cheap speed in here and I think Tuff Man Dan will mow them down late with Bev Burress up. Bev brought several bombs home at OP last year and does a good job of not moving too early. Assmussen claimed the #7, Siphonizer, 4 months back and worked well recently and a return to back class makes this one easily the best.

If you are in the area, Friday is Rollback the Prices day and you can get Corned Beef sandwiches for $.50 and soft drinks for a dime. I will probably have 3 sandwiches to help soak up some of the Canadian Whiskey I'll be enjoying with my dime soft drinks! Good racing luck!
Old 01-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

I'm so f'ing jealous at you guys who get to go opening weekend. Man I miss walking across Central Ave. and hollering like a kid again waiting for the Cops to stop traffic. Terry Wallace's calling the race is music to my ears. Corn beefy snadwiches .50 cent and them big arse shrimps at the Oyster Bar calling my name. Good Luck guys and be carefull crossing the road after the races. ha ha ha ha ha