Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Arlington Park

Default Perfect Drift

Damn I love this horse!! What a great race he ran today....the old boy isn't done yet. Can you believe they let him get off at 10/1?
Old 06-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Morris Park

I can't believe Bailey and Moss, "is he good enough to win a Classic".
As though he were 14 lengths behind SL last year. Or "can he keep his form". Why not? He has ever other year.

GO DRIFTY!!!!! Love you FOREVER.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Keeneland

He's as game as they come.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

I was sitting right below where Murray Johnson and the connections were standing and they thought they had it at first. He was so thrilled with old PD's performance and I bet that loss hurt worse than any of the others.

I still can't believe he lost it, I had every cent I had left on him to win only and in doubles.

This one was worse for me than when Borrego came up and nipped him in the Pacific Classic.

Anyone have a link to the photo, I would like to see it.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Ask and ye shall receive...

http://i5.tinypic.com/14se8uv.jpg
Old 06-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

thanks ateam.

that one hurts me bad
Old 06-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupster2
I can't believe Bailey and Moss, "is he good enough to win a Classic".
As though he were 14 lengths behind SL last year. Or "can he keep his form". Why not? He has ever other year.

GO DRIFTY!!!!! Love you FOREVER.
Thats just it, he's not good enough Seek Gold ran him down for Christsakes, Brass Hat didn't show up and Buzzard's Bay ran a clunker, he couldn't get withing sniffin distance of Lava Man or the top handicap horses, he is what he is, a nice money making under-achiever, he will never win the Classic.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:14 PM
oracle80

I love it when so,eone comes along and says what I have been dying to say but don't because I don't wanna get a "you are mean" tossed at me. Lharge, Buzzard bounced off his huge race the time before and didnt run, hat got Dubai'd, Wiggins got steadied 14 times in the turn and stretch, etc. The race fell apart completely and the figure will not be upper echelon quality. Drift is a neat horse and story and I always root for him to win one, but I don't see that race as breakthrough stuff.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Secretariat

i think this horse has won placed and shown in three additions of this race, as that ever happened before in a graded stakes race ?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
I love it when so,eone comes along and says what I have been dying to say but don't because I don't wanna get a "you are mean" tossed at me. Lharge, Buzzard bounced off his huge race the time before and didnt run, hat got Dubai'd, Wiggins got steadied 14 times in the turn and stretch, etc. The race fell apart completely and the figure will not be upper echelon quality. Drift is a neat horse and story and I always root for him to win one, but I don't see that race as breakthrough stuff.

St. Liam only lost to RH10 because of the concrete dirt in Cali. Excuses, excuses...

My point is who got the bigger paycheck on Saturday? BB, BH or PD?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Well Oracle I tend to call it as I see it, I love horses, adore them in fact and own 6 of my own. This horse is a moneymaker, that can't be denied, but to me he is gutless and a cheater, he doesn't want to win, that is a quality Ihate in a horse, if people think this horse has heart, they are poorly mis-guided, heart was demonstrated in the prior race, Happy Ticket has 10 times the heart of Perfect Drift.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARHAGE
Well Oracle I tend to call it as I see it, I love horses, adore them in fact and own 6 of my own. This horse is a moneymaker, that can't be denied, but to me he is gutless and a cheater, he doesn't want to win, that is a quality Ihate in a horse, if people think this horse has heart, they are poorly mis-guided, heart was demonstrated in the prior race, Happy Ticket has 10 times the heart of Perfect Drift.

A cheater? now I know you guys are just trying to get me all riled up.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Thats just it, he's not good enough Seek Gold ran him down for Christsakes, Brass Hat didn't show up and Buzzard's Bay ran a clunker, he couldn't get withing sniffin distance of Lava Man or the top handicap horses, he is what he is, a nice money making under-achiever, he will never win the Classic.
He beat them (BH & BB) though. Had Guidry been able to see Seek Gold before the last second, Drifty would have won. Lots and lots of horses ease up when they make the lead. Nothing to run at. Drifty thought he was clear. Seek Gold snuck up on him. Drifty would have fought back had he seen him.

Just remember, everyone said Concern was always a bridesmaid and never a bride. Yet, what race did he win at the end of the year? hmmmmm....
Old 06-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
sry folks to bring this thread to the top but just got back from vacation and had to chime in . first of all , not good enough? larhage are you high or what? a ridiculous statement, if you think drift fans make excuses, well brass hat didn't beat **** in dubai,weak field, had plenty of rest, p perfect ran just fine when he came back , no excuses for brass hat either. not as great as everyone makes him out to be, but is a good horse, to say like some did that he was the class of the race excluding drift is a joke, drift is just as good as brass hat, buzzards bay overated and proved it in the foster instead of running with the big dogs he should have sat on the porch, placed well in front of lava man in the pc last year, and i luv lava man and he looks to be the one to beat right now but remember lava man has never raced well outside california and when he did it wasnt much to right home about. wait and see in nov and drift will be right there, not in sniffin distance but giving him the fight of his life.also surf cat will be tuff also he is not one of the top handicap horses? are you high or what?call him what you want under achiever thats fine but mark my words you will see another grade 1 win before this horse retires. then the rest of you naysayers can take a nap. buffymommy hang in thier and ignore them he'll get his grade 1 win.they did xrays on his joints , and the vets said they couldn't belive it, he has the the joints of a 3 year old and they are amazed that thru the 30+ races mostly in grade 1 company which should have wear and tear on him his joints would look this good. he'll be around for awhile longer racking up the money and some wins before this story is done. between the reeds and murray this is why this horse is still running as good as he is props to the reeds for letting him be a horse during the winter and props to murry for taking the best intrest of the horse in mind and keeping him sound instead of doping him up like other trainers and running the **** out of him. he would have been done a along time ago . GO DRIFT!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR THE BEST IN MY BOOK NO MATTER WHAT OTHER WINDBAGS SAY. PEACE
Old 06-28-2006, 04:31 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrift1
sry folks to bring this thread to the top but just got back from vacation and had to chime in . first of all , not good enough? larhage are you high or what? a ridiculous statement, if you think drift fans make excuses, well brass hat didn't beat **** in dubai,weak field, had plenty of rest, p perfect ran just fine when he came back , no excuses for brass hat either. not as great as everyone makes him out to be, but is a good horse, to say like some did that he was the class of the race excluding drift is a joke, drift is just as good as brass hat, buzzards bay overated and proved it in the foster instead of running with the big dogs he should have sat on the porch, placed well in front of lava man in the pc last year, and i luv lava man and he looks to be the one to beat right now but remember lava man has never raced well outside california and when he did it wasnt much to right home about. wait and see in nov and drift will be right there, not in sniffin distance but giving him the fight of his life.also surf cat will be tuff also he is not one of the top handicap horses? are you high or what?call him what you want under achiever thats fine but mark my words you will see another grade 1 win before this horse retires. then the rest of you naysayers can take a nap. buffymommy hang in thier and ignore them he'll get his grade 1 win.they did xrays on his joints , and the vets said they couldn't belive it, he has the the joints of a 3 year old and they are amazed that thru the 30+ races mostly in grade 1 company which should have wear and tear on him his joints would look this good. he'll be around for awhile longer racking up the money and some wins before this story is done. between the reeds and murray this is why this horse is still running as good as he is props to the reeds for letting him be a horse during the winter and props to murry for taking the best intrest of the horse in mind and keeping him sound instead of doping him up like other trainers and running the **** out of him. he would have been done a along time ago . GO DRIFT!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR THE BEST IN MY BOOK NO MATTER WHAT OTHER WINDBAGS SAY. PEACE
To say that "Buzzard's Bay is overrated and proved it in the Foster" is ridiculous. He obviously did not fire in the Foster. He's capable of running much better than that. It's pretty silly to judge a horse based on a race where he didn't fire. If you want to do that, I could say that Perfect Drift proved that he isn't any good because he ran 10th in his previous race.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
To say that "Buzzard's Bay is overrated and proved it in the Foster" is ridiculous. He obviously did not fire in the Foster. He's capable of running much better than that. It's pretty silly to judge a horse based on a race where he didn't fire. If you want to do that, I could say that Perfect Drift proved that he isn't any good because he ran 10th in his previous race.
okay overated maybe to strong , he is a good horse,but i think bb stepping up to a grade 1 race was a major jump for him and maybe a little more then he can handle yet . and comparing bb not firing when he is on dirt his surface of choice to drift in the woodford reserve on turf which we all know he has problems with and not his surface ,he runs on only to ease him back into the new racing season is not the same at all
Old 06-19-2006, 02:37 PM
oracle80

Default Sent To Stud help me out here

Stud, do you have a replay site that you use? Do me a favor if you can, please rewatch the Foster and count the number of times the guy whips PD and lemme know what you get. I get 20-22 times.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:40 PM
The Curragh

Big Money Bailey should of ridden this horse at least once