Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-13-2016, 01:45 PM
helicopter11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
They would have at least had the decency to call it too close to call.
Songbird won the race. Watch the replay. Unbelievable that you mooks can't see it. Have you watched headbob finishes and on the replay say 1..8, 1..8, 1..8?
Have you ever said out loud...." I wanna see that photo" ?
So just because Larry Collmus ridiculously called beholder it's true.?
They took so much longer to put up the Lady Eli nose decision that was not nearly as close. It's a conspiracy. Watch the replay . Songbird won the race. The photos in my avatar are right from my tv. They don't lie.
I am not sure what the motive is to have Beholder as the winner. Enlighten us please
Old 11-13-2016, 02:02 PM
Havre de Grace

still no answers....you guys are more obtuse than I thought. You know I'm right and it makes you ill
Old 11-13-2016, 02:44 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
still no answers....you guys are more obtuse than I thought. You know I'm right and it makes you ill
Most of us think you are an idiot and don't want to bother with your nonsense.
Old 11-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
Most of us think you are an idiot and don't want to bother with your nonsense.
Who would know better than you ? You are the biggest idiot on the board . Read your signature....you are a non thinker. But then they need ditch diggers in Maine
Old 12-13-2016, 02:17 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
She won the race.... they fixed the photo. Collmus is a Mook
Thought you might like this comment from Kent Desormeaux today:

"I've seen some races this year, on Breeders' Cup day, that I don't think was the true winner," Desormeaux said. "I want horse racing officials to make me believe that the photo finish was real. I don't believe them. I've been in 30,000 races, I get to the wire and raise my stick then get embarrassed and pulled in and told, 'Well, you didn't win.' Been there, done that."
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 12-13-2016, 02:57 PM
Havre de Grace

Smile

Still no answers on my questions....why were the results posted so fast ? Why no mirror image ?

Reminds me of the mayor of Amity Island in Jaws muttering excuses, when Dreyfus says "you are gonna ignore this particular problem until it bites you on the ass!"

Humor me and watch the replay down the stretch a couple of times....if one person agrees that Songbird won, I'll drop the subject.....
Old 12-13-2016, 03:19 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Still no answers on my questions....why were the results posted so fast ? Why no mirror image ?

Reminds me of the mayor of Amity Island in Jaws muttering excuses, when Dreyfus says "you are gonna ignore this particular problem until it bites you on the ass!"

Humor me and watch the replay down the stretch a couple of times....if one person agrees that Songbird won, I'll drop the subject.....
Songbird won
Old 12-13-2016, 04:09 PM
Goodwood

Songbird won.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:06 PM

Songbird was handed the race and still lost. Get over it.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:10 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post

"I've seen some races this year, on Breeders' Cup day, that I don't think was the true winner," Desormeaux said. "I want horse racing officials to make me believe that the photo finish was real. I don't believe them. I've been in 30,000 races, I get to the wire and raise my stick then get embarrassed and pulled in and told, 'Well, you didn't win.' Been there, done that."
Kent and I should share a cocktail or 2
Old 12-13-2016, 07:30 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Could not have been an odder call. How any announcer could make this call:

At the wire so quickly and so decisively...I've never seen anything like it.

And to have it put up so quickly is really odd.. The whole thing is awfully strange.

The freeze frame NBC showed prior to the winning photo with Beholder up was definitely past the wire. No doubt. May well be a good result, but there is clearly a case to be made to the contrary and the mirror pic should be put up as well.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:58 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post

Like I said elsewhere, I have more faith in the photo finish than I do in Kent riding to the wire.

Beholder won. End of story.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:16 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post

And to have it put up so quickly is really odd.. The whole thing is awfully strange.

The freeze frame NBC showed prior to the winning photo with Beholder up was definitely past the wire. No doubt. May well be a good result, but there is clearly a case to be made to the contrary and the mirror pic should be put up as well.
Because anybody with 2 eyes can see that, while tight, it's obvious whose nose is in front from that picture. They're gonna argue about what exactly? "Wow that was a close one..." "Yeah..." "Beholder's nose is in front a bit..." "I agree..." End scene.

What NBC puts up as a freeze frame is irrelevant. "May well be a good result"? Is. Full stop. End of story. No there's not doubt. The official photo finish image is what everybody goes by. There doesn't need to be a mirror image of anything put up. It'll just show a mirror image of Beholder's nose slightly in front because that's how the race finished. Beholder was in front, nothing weird about the announcer's call. Sometimes they're wrong. Kent's won those sometimes, so is he saying he lost some he was called as winning? Bet he's not gonna argue that. How about we don't go showboating if we don't now if we've won, Kent. Maybe you've just got a lousy ability to tell when you got it on the wire.

They don't need to prove to you how technology you don't understand works, Kent. What's next, Apple has to prove that Siri isn't a ghost inhabiting your iPhone?
Old 12-13-2016, 11:23 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
Because anybody with 2 eyes can see that, while tight, it's obvious whose nose is in front from that picture. They're gonna argue about what exactly? "Wow that was a close one..." "Yeah..." "Beholder's nose is in front a bit..." "I agree..." End scene.

What NBC puts up as a freeze frame is irrelevant. "May well be a good result"? Is. Full stop. End of story. No there's not doubt. The official photo finish image is what everybody goes by. There doesn't need to be a mirror image of anything put up. It'll just show a mirror image of Beholder's nose slightly in front because that's how the race finished. Beholder was in front, nothing weird about the announcer's call. Sometimes they're wrong. Kent's won those sometimes, so is he saying he lost some he was called as winning? Bet he's not gonna argue that. How about we don't go showboating if we don't now if we've won, Kent. Maybe you've just got a lousy ability to tell when you got it on the wire.
If they could put up a pic with the mirror with beholder in front, they would, but they can't. My pic is right from the live shot in super slow mo. I can see you whacking that square peg into the round hole now... just keep whacking it. If it doesn't fit, make it fit. Your post is drivel, adding nothing insightful at all. Watch the replay before you post anything else.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:18 AM
Goodwood

I saw Songbird win by 8 lengths, I don't know what everyone else saw.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Could not have been an odder call. How any announcer could make this call:

are you insane?
Old 12-14-2016, 09:12 AM
Jerome Park

First Elvis Trujillo disappears, and now this. Hopefully someone can crack these cases....and fast.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:06 AM
Havre de Grace

I guess romping at Saratoga twice wasn't enough to get any east coast support....if Songbird was a New York hoss there woulda been an uproar.
Though leaving California was enough for them to give it to local hero Beholder.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:22 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
I guess romping at Saratoga twice wasn't enough to get any east coast support....if Songbird was a New York hoss there woulda been an uproar.
Though leaving California was enough for them to give it to local hero Beholder.
Wow do you really believe the photo is a contrived hoax derived from east coast bias? Why ever bet again? why watch or following racing?
Old 12-14-2016, 10:46 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
First Elvis Trujillo disappears, and now this. Hopefully someone can crack these cases....and fast.
I never said the result was wrong, only that it was odd to me how it was presented. Furthermore could understand why some who had backed Songbird would have found it strange that, by watching NBC's coverage, it was as if she was well clear and never in doubt.

Secondly a jock leaves GP with talks of heading to California, essentially disappears, then shows back up at GP almost 5 months later without a word of discussion and that isn't a relevant curiosity?

Keep up the good work Andy, I appreciate your insights.