Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: In the vote to raise the debt limit of the United States, I would
Vote Yes - raise the debt limit 12 37.50%
Vote No - the debt is too high already 15 46.88%
Vote Present - hey, this vote is too hard 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
Letting the Bush-Obama extended tax cuts to expire in the current situation would simply result in more wasting of money and giving it all away to Eqypt, Tunisia, Brazil etc etc etc. Perhaps Obama should get some professional treatment for his spending addiction?
I see fact or reality will never affect or cause you to adjust your preconceived opinion.

I could try talk about how the budget doesn't work that way ("extended tax cuts = give it away to Egypt, etc") but .... never mind.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 05-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
he's been serving the past 2 1/2 years as the Commander in Chief of the military. highest position. I'm sure Obama cares deeply about our troops. I personally feel that he has excelled as Commander in Chief and that its been his greatest attribute as President.

I do not agree with many of his fiscal policies, but I feel the most important role for a president is to be the leader of the armed forces, and Obama gets props from me for the decisions he's made. From keeping Gitmo open, to helping to stop apparent genocide in Libya, to making the right call on how to kill Osama (I'm very happy the order was to shoot on site and not have to go through years of Osama military trials and giving Osama a platform to send his messages). He's been an effective military leader, and I'm not ashamed to give credit where credit is due...

shoot, I also think Clinton has done an admirable job as Secretary of State.
and you have to admit that they're making him get 60 Senators to pass almost anything. So, they really don't want him to do much (despite what they claim.) While having to get 60 Senators, no President will be able to do much. He is only able to make foreign policy/ terrorism type decisions.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
I see fact or reality will never affect or cause you to adjust your preconceived opinion.

I could try talk about how the budget doesn't work that way ("extended tax cuts = give it away to Egypt, etc") but .... never mind.
No just a bit of Chicago street smarts and a great sense of judgment of character.

BTW you never explained how illegals fit into Obamacare. I know you said they will not get subsidies. Will they be turned away from ER rooms or are they going to get the same treatment the uninsured get right now?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
No just a bit of Chicago street smarts and a great sense of judgment of character.

BTW you never explained how illegals fit into Obamacare. I know you said they will not get subsidies. Will they be turned away from ER rooms or are they going to get the same treatment the uninsured get right now?
Having read the PPACA, I'm sure you know that the subject of illegal aliens are specifically addressed within it, and of course you know what it says
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 05-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Having read the PPACA, I'm sure you know that the subject of illegal aliens are specifically addressed within it, and of course you know what it says
Hey I'm not the only one confused. You seem to have the Obamacare crystal ball.

Among the many claims being made durng the August recess by Democrats from President Obama, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-NV, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-CA, to the lowliest back-bencher is that Obamacare absolutely, positively, cannot possibly ever in a million, zillion years provide coverage to illegal immigrants.

Just this past weekend during his regular Saturday address - devoted to addressing what he called "false claims about reform" - Obama said he wants "an honest debate" on health care reform, "not one dominated by willful misrepresentations and outright distortions."

In what he called the "first myth" being spread by critics of his proposal for a government-run health care system, Obama said they are wrong in claiming illegal immigrants will be covered: "That is not true. Illegal immigrants would not be covered. That idea has not even been on the table." Obama said.

Well, Mr. President, that idea must have been tucked under a stack of background briefing papers over there in the corner of the table because the Congressional Research Service (CRS) says this about H.R. 3200, the Obamacare bill approved just before the recess by the House Energy and Commerce Committee chaired by Rep. Henry Waxman, D-CA:

"Under H.R. 3200, a 'Health Insurance Exchange' would begin operation in 2013 and would offer private plans alongside a public option…H.R. 3200 does not contain any restrictions on noncitzens—whether legally or illegally present, or in the United States temporarily or permanently—participating in the Exchange."

CRS also notes that the bill has no provision for requiring those seeking coverage or services to provided proof of citizenship. So, absent some major amendments to the legislation and a credible, concrete enforcement effort in action, looks like the myth on this issue is the one being spread by Obama, Reid, Pelosi, et. al.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/...#ixzz1NEpaJiGp
Old 05-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Hey I'm not the only one confused. You seem to have the Obamacare crystal ball.
No. I just paid attention to what they were actually passing, and the bill is available on-line, with excellent, good summaries everywhere, including Wikipedia - but you know that. Rather than being told what to hate about it by factually-incorrect, fear-mongering right wing blogs.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Santa Anita

Holding firm so far: NO on debt ceiling limit.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydb View Post
Holding firm so far: NO on debt ceiling limit.
Ignorant, stupid idealogic demagogury.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Demagogury? Kill yourself.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
No, stupid and ignorant would be defending the $14 trillion debt, and wanting to add unlimited sums to that.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
You, first.

The tea party freshmen in Congress have to be the most stupid, more ignorant, most uneducated fools we've ever voted into office.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
No, stupid and ignorant would be defending the $14 trillion debt, and wanting to add unlimited sums to that.
Please - learn a little basics about the subject? No, no vote to raise the debt ceiling is "unlimited", it's a set amount - and raising the debt ceiling has little to do with defending or approving our debt amount. It's cash flow to pay our bills. Do you know how we are paying those bills today? What Treasury is doing to get the cash flow to pay them?
Old 06-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Santa Anita

Whatever zeros out new spending for a while and actually reduces the debt (not deficit - that would be negative by definition) is what should be done.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Whatever zeros out new spending for a while and actually reduces the debt (not deficit - that would be negative by definition) is what should be done.
Not raising the debt ceiling has nothing whatsoever to do with preventing "new spending". Not raising the debt ceiling has nothing whatsoever to do with "reducing the debt".

Not raising the debt ceiling will increase our debt, as it will increase our interest rates permanently.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
You, first.

The tea party freshmen in Congress have to be the most stupid, more ignorant, most uneducated fools we've ever voted into office.
Either learn how to spell, shut the f.uck up, or kill yourself. I'm sick of your pompous c.unt attitude and your inability to spell.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Either learn how to spell, shut the f.uck up, or kill yourself. I'm sick of your pompous c.unt attitude and your inability to spell.
And I'm sick of your narcissistic self-appointment as the bully of Derby Trail. I don't have to suffer your insults and crap. Go back into your mother's basement. Nobody is impressed with your infantile tantrums or your foul mouth.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Don't think that's a real word,Riot
Old 06-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Not raising the debt ceiling has nothing whatsoever to do with preventing "new spending". Not raising the debt ceiling has nothing whatsoever to do with "reducing the debt".

Not raising the debt ceiling will increase our debt, as it will increase our interest rates permanently.
Way things are going....5 yrs we'll be a third-world nation
Old 06-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:

How does that make any sense? If we don't raise the ceiling, we can't borrow any more money, right? So spending will HAVE to go down to a level where tax revenue alone will support.

As for interest rates going up, is that worse than speeding toward a debt level in both principal and interest that we cannot afford? The party is over and now is the time to pay down the debt and ultimately eliminate it. If our great grandchildren can see that day I'd be impressed.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan View Post
Don't think that's a real word,Riot
It is, especially if you add an "e" to it and spell it right " demagoguery"

We're headed to third-world nation status for many reasons in addition to our debt: health care (we are not even in the top ten), education (again, not even in the top 15), energy policies, infrastructure failing. We are at a major crossroads, and it's very serious.

That's why I get angry and frustrated at those in Congress who want to demagogue their idealistic and reality-ignorant political views while this country sinks lower and lower.