Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Please, go ahead and explain "how so".
This is a joke right?
Old 01-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
This is a joke right?
"A **** sandwich is better then a kick in the nuts" .

aka

Being sick is better then being dead.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:04 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
"A **** sandwich is better then a kick in the nuts" .

aka

Being sick is better then being dead.
None of those should be considered a "roaring success" though. Sometimes dead is better than sick, trust me.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
None of those should be considered a "roaring success" though. Sometimes dead is better than sick, trust me.
Can't recover from Dead.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Can't recover from Dead.
No way GM would have died

BK would have allowed them to renegotiate the crazy pensions and beni's owed to the bully unions.

Instead we now own part of the ship going down.

Obama paid off his unions quid pro quo pure and simple.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
This is a joke right?
No. It's not a joke. You said, "GM and Chrysler are not doing well at all, despite what you might have read." So tell us - what is not true about the below? Looks pretty good to me.

Quote:
General Motors Reclaims Title Of World's Top-Selling Automaker
TOM KRISHER 01/19/12 03:48 PM ET Associated Press

DETROIT — General Motors Co. has retaken the title of world's top-selling automaker, selling just over 9 million cars and trucks across the globe.

The company said Thursday that it sold 9.03 million vehicles worldwide last year, up 7.6 percent from 2010. That's more than 1 million better than Japan's Toyota Motor Corp., which took the title away from GM in 2008.

GM had held the global sales crown for more than seven decades before losing it to Toyota, as GM's sales tanked while it headed toward financial ruin. In 2009, GM filed for bankruptcy protection, needing a U.S. government bailout to survive.

Now GM is profitable again and its vehicles are selling well across the globe. The company reported net income of $7.1 billion for the first three quarters of last year, and it is expected to add to that number when it reports fourth-quarter and full-year results in February.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 01-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
No. It's not a joke. You said, "GM and Chrysler are not doing well at all, despite what you might have read."

So tell us - what is the secret story you know, behind the stock reports and public reports and sales records, that GM and Chrysler are "not doing well at all, despite what you might have read"?
what are the top 10 best selling vehicles in 2011? How did that Volt do?
Old 01-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
No. It's not a joke. You said, "GM and Chrysler are not doing well at all, despite what you might have read." So tell us - what is not true about the below? Looks pretty good to me.

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
what are the top 10 best selling vehicles in 2011? How did that Volt do?
What is GM's profit margin and financial health last quarter 2011?
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 01-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof.
Yes, Dell, try to keep up - I quoted what the company released publicly about its financial condition. Clip Clop says that is not true. I am asking what is not true about the public financial releases. I am asking for proof of Clip Clops statement.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
What is GM's profit margin and financial health last quarter 2011?

what's the break even price their stock has to acheive to get us out as even, much more make anything?
Old 01-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
what's the break even price their stock has to acheive to get us out as even, much more make anything?
What is the cost to the government of 163,000 people permanently unemployment?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...can-taxpayers/
Old 01-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Yes, Dell, try to keep up - I quoted what the company released publicly about its financial condition. Clip Clop says that is not true. I am asking what is not true about the public financial releases. I am asking for proof of Clip Clops statement.
Send me 10K, I'll pay you back $6K and 'stock' in my wagers and you can call being down
4K a success.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
What is the cost to the government of 163,000 people permanently unemployment?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...can-taxpayers/
Permanently LMAO

They have no ability or skills to get another job?
Old 01-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Send me 10K, I'll pay you back $6K and 'stock' in my wagers and you can call being done 4K a success.
Yes, you didn't like that we bailed out GM and Chrysler. Yes, they still owe us money because they paid back their cash loans but we still own stock. The companies are making profit again.

Which is more likely: that we will eventually be able to sell the stock and get most if not all of our money back, or not?

And by the way: the auto unions gave up massive pension payments, bennies and salaries in the renegotiations when the companies were bailed out of bankruptcy. You need to be fair and acknowledge that the unions helped greatly in keeping those companies alive. They gave up tons to keep their jobs in existence.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Keeneland

Quote:

Which is more likely: that we will eventually be able to sell the stock and get most if not all of our money back, or not?
since they're still saddled with the same problems they had prior to the bailout I'd say 10.000-1 we get our money back. What are call options going for using the strike price as our get even number, even a year out?
Old 01-28-2012, 04:36 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
As a "shareholder" LOL, this is not considered a roaring success. GM Jan. 28 2011 $36.60 1 yr later $24.37. This type of performance is generally not even considered a good thing, let alone a "roaring success".

DAI $74.13 down to $56.50, if these are considered good things I would like to function as your broker if that very lucky position is currently unfilled.

It is imperative that this is the way success be measured as it is the only way "we" can see returns.

If you throw $ at every dying company out there of course it will appear to save jobs but dismal fiscal performances (in the eyes of share holders) will cause real investors to leave...again.

Any thoughts on the Ener1 thing???
Old 01-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
As a "shareholder" LOL, this is not considered a roaring success. GM Jan. 28 2011 $36.60 1 yr later $24.37. This type of performance is generally not even considered a good thing, let alone a "roaring success".

DAI $74.13 down to $56.50, if these are considered good things I would like to function as your broker if that very lucky position is currently unfilled.

It is imperative that this is the way success be measured as it is the only way "we" can see returns.

If you throw $ at every dying company out there of course it will appear to save jobs but dismal fiscal performances (in the eyes of share holders) will cause real investors to leave...again.

a little below what we need

Quote:
The U.S. government would have to sell its General Motors stock for $133.78 per share to recoup the nearly $50 billion it spent bailing out the Detroit automaker, according to a watchdog of government bailout funds
Old 01-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Keeneland

Quote:

So you measure success only in publicly traded stock price? Not a very safe way to invest. Is that all you meant?

BTW: you still have a stock ... right?

Quote:
Yeah. I don't think like a Freeper
Old 01-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
So you measure success only in publicly traded stock price? Not a very safe way to invest. Is that all you meant?

BTW: you still have a stock ... right?

Yeah. I don't think like a Freeper
We all have the stock as taxpayers. Obama sucks as a financial advisor but that's what you get when you put a community organizer with no biz experience in charge of your portfolio.