Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
These California QB's are such a risk in the NFL. I'm suprised there is not a lot of talk about it. They play their entire college career and for some high school in picture perfect weather. Come November on the east coast they are unable to handle the elements.
I really think that this has something to do with Sanchez's struggles. He looked very uncomfortable and cold in New England and the wind was blowing like crazy on Sunday.

I was at the Texans-Ravens game last night. Baltimore was extremely lucky to get out of there with a win and they have a lot of to do offensively if they're going to make any noise in the first round.

The Texans found yet another way to lose, they deserve points for creativity. Hopefully their next coach will help them develop a killer instinct.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
I really think that this has something to do with Sanchez's struggles. He looked very uncomfortable and cold in New England and the wind was blowing like crazy on Sunday.

I was at the Texans-Ravens game last night. Baltimore was extremely lucky to get out of there with a win and they have a lot of to do offensively if they're going to make any noise in the first round.

The Texans found yet another way to lose, they deserve points for creativity. Hopefully their next coach will help them develop a killer instinct.

Dude, Is Baltimore not allowed to have a bad game? They played NE better then any of the other "good teams"
They split with Pitt and should have swept. They DOMINATED TEXANS FOR 2 QUARTERS, then kinda fell to sleep. They beat the Jets in NY. I think last night wakes the defense up.
They are the only team other then NE that can win the AFC.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Dude, Is Baltimore not allowed to have a bad game? They played NE better then any of the other "good teams"
They split with Pitt and should have swept. They DOMINATED TEXANS FOR 2 QUARTERS, then kinda fell to sleep. They beat the Jets in NY. I think last night wakes the defense up.
They are the only team other then NE that can win the AFC.
They didn't play well against Pittsburgh either. They were also more dominated in the 2nd half than they were dominant in the first half. If not for that kickoff return or the Texans' inability to convert on 3rd down in Baltimore territory early in the 2nd half the game would have been very different. The Ravens defense was woeful from the 2:00 warning of the first half to the end of regulation.

The Patriots team that Baltimore played close is just nothing like the current Pats team. I'm not a Pats fan but realistically, they'll tear any other team in the AFC to shreds if they continue to play like this.

How Flacco continues to put up such anemic passing numbers with Boldin, Houshmandzadeh and Mason is just beyond me. Mason dropped a couple of important balls early last night but made a nice catch in the back of the end zone for the first touchdown. I just don't see Baltimore being a contender in the AFC at all.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Keeneland

The Ravens gave up back to back drives of 95 and 99 yards in the 4th quarter last night. They are a talented team and one of the contenders in the AFC. But, that should be a concern to anyone thinking they don't have major holes, just like everyone else.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Baltimore's had a few stinkers. Buffalo comes to mind, and they did lose to Cincinnati. They're better than most, but still not great.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Coach Pants

Yeah the California perfect weather theory is solid.

But could it be because Sanchez is part-Mexican? You know...since Mexicans live in a climate similar to California...I mean the ones that aren't already living there.

GTFO.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Coach Pants

Maybe it has nothing to do with the weather. Maybe quarterbacks with black hair aren't equal to blonde quarterbacks.

Look at some of the great quarterbacks...

Dan Marino - Brown hair
Tom Brady - Blonde
Joe Montana - ginger blonde

SEE?

Sanchez needs to dye his hair!

Problem solved. Bring whore give head now.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Maybe it has nothing to do with the weather. Maybe quarterbacks with black hair aren't equal to blonde quarterbacks.

Look at some of the great quarterbacks...

Dan Marino - Brown hair
Tom Brady - Blonde
Joe Montana - ginger blonde

SEE?

Sanchez needs to dye his hair!

Problem solved. Bring whore give head now.
Dude.. Why do you always jump straight to the absurd? I stand by my point. Recent East Coast failures off the top of my head without even thinking about it Rob Johnson, Trent Edwards, Carson Palmer. Brady while born in Cali schooled in Michigan. Give me a Cal Bred and schooled that has been successful on the east coast?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Dude.. Why do you always jump straight to the absurd? I stand by my point. Recent East Coast failures off the top of my head without even thinking about it Rob Johnson, Trent Edwards, Carson Palmer. Brady while born in Cali schooled in Michigan. Give me a Cal Bred and schooled that has been successful on the east coast?
Aaron Rodgers seems to do pretty well. Not on the east coast but Green Bay is a cooler climate area.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Jerome Park

I personally dont think the weather has to do with it. The fact that Southern Cal gets the nations top recruits (until recently) is probably the main reason. They always have a killer O-line, making the job easier. Almost always have a RB that will play pro, along with some WR's. Those things might make a qb look better than he really is.

I always liked Sanchez.. which is saying a lot because USC is at the Cowboys level of hatred for me. I wish Carson Palmer had never hurt his knee, his career looked so promising until then. Leinert is just a He may have been a product of my first paragraph. When you have to stop Reggie Bush and Lendale White, Leinert's job is much easier.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
Aaron Rodgers seems to do pretty well. Not on the east coast but Green Bay is a cooler climate area.
Yes he certainly would be an exception.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Stand by it all you want. It's a ridiculous point.

Brady practiced indoors at Michigan. I find it hard to believe that 4 years in Michigan transformed him into a stellar cold weather quarterback.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Lincoln Fields

Quote:
This is the most pathetic list/thing I have ever witnessed. I was talking this year, and you go and put Tony Romo in your top 10? WTF?
You have the worst opinion here and it's apparently the worst reading comprehension as well. I rated how I view the starting quarterbacks/quarterback groups without proven starters AT THIS POINT IN THEIR CAREERS...not based off this year. But if you can read you might have noticed that Rocktard...Keep believing that Matt Cassel is the 4th best QB in football this year...Ryan Fitzpatrick could do what Cassel is doing this year. Fitzpatrick actually has only 2 less TD passes playing in less games and on a 3-10 team. Keep dreaming.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
They didn't play well against Pittsburgh either. They were also more dominated in the 2nd half than they were dominant in the first half. If not for that kickoff return or the Texans' inability to convert on 3rd down in Baltimore territory early in the 2nd half the game would have been very different. The Ravens defense was woeful from the 2:00 warning of the first half to the end of regulation.

The Patriots team that Baltimore played close is just nothing like the current Pats team. I'm not a Pats fan but realistically, they'll tear any other team in the AFC to shreds if they continue to play like this.

How Flacco continues to put up such anemic passing numbers with Boldin, Houshmandzadeh and Mason is just beyond me. Mason dropped a couple of important balls early last night but made a nice catch in the back of the end zone for the first touchdown. I just don't see Baltimore being a contender in the AFC at all.
Your clearly a homer and cant be reasonable.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Your clearly a homer and cant be reasonable.
Oh the ironing.

The Ravens are nothing special and neither is Flacco, accept it.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Flemington

I'm a Patriot fan. Have been since my trips to Foxboro as a young lad.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

What?
Old 12-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
These California QB's are such a risk in the NFL. I'm suprised there is not a lot of talk about it. They play their entire college career and for some high school in picture perfect weather. Come November on the east coast they are unable to handle the elements.
Interesting theory.

Buffalo has been 0-3 with California dudes at QB so far. (R. Johnson, Losman, Edwards)

I guess that means I should revise my love affair with Luck.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:00 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Yes he certainly would be an exception.
Wouldn't Favre be an exception as well? He grew up in Gulfport which doesnt get very cold in the winter and he did pretty well in the cold weather.

How about Elway? He played his career in denver and he was a cali boy.

Isn't Terry Bradshaw from louisiana and didnt he play in pittsburgh?

Matt Cassel is from USC and is having a pretty nice season in KC.

Carson Palmer went to USC. Now I realize he is a shell of what he was but look at what he did from 2003-2006 in Cincy which I wouldn't confuse for Nassau.

I am with Coach. It is very clear the problems Sanchez is having is due to being Mexican.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:11 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Ok so he's not near one of the top QB's ever to play the game. I disagree about the wobblers, I think he throws a good ball. Sometimes his decision making is a bit questionable, but his game management skills which was an issue has gotten progressively better. He is a solid and durable NFL QB that continues to get better. (I know, I am obviously biased)
Your opinion is quite accurate. As his young receivers continue to improve as will Eli's stats. Nicks is a player.

Eli has his issues but he certainly is in the top half of the qbs in the league at this point.