Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Pretty sure Magic doesn't own a Starbucks. They aren't franchised.
http://www.magicjohnson.com/index.ph...s/ourpartners/

Kev, he trixta. He da magic man.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:29 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER

Yeah...gotta be something going on there. I'm outta the loop since I quite working there. This was off there FAQ page

Does Starbucks franchise?
Starbucks does not franchise operations and has no plans to franchise in the foreseeable future.

In North America, the majority of our stores are Company-operated. As an exception, Starbucks may enter into licensing arrangements with companies who provide access to real estate which would otherwise be unavailable such as airport locations, national grocery chains, major food services corporations, college and university campuses and hospitals.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Yeah...gotta be something going on there. I'm outta the loop since I quite working there. This was off there FAQ page

Starbucks does not franchise operations and has no plans to franchise in the foreseeable future.

In North America, the majority of our stores are Company-operated. As an exception, Starbucks may enter into licensing arrangements with companies who provide access to real estate which would otherwise be unavailable such as airport locations, national grocery chains, major food services corporations, college and university campuses and hospitals.
Yeah, if you saw how popular this location is, you'd see why they'd agree to partner with him. Ain't just this location. Looks like 8 Starbucks in just the L.A. area.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK

Actually starbucks is going on a massive, worldwide store closing spree.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:37 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Yeah, if you saw how popular this location is, you'd see why they'd agree to partner with him. Ain't just this location. Looks like 8 Starbucks in just the L.A. area.

Must be nice to have the kinda money he has. Only brotha I know that gets the HIV and gains 50-75 lbs.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:08 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Must be nice to have the kinda money he has. Only brotha I know that gets the HIV and gains 50-75 lbs.
Actually it is a shame that more attention about the progress AIDS research has made with controlling or modulating this disease. The meds to treat and control HIV are probably the single most incredible advancement in modern medicine of the last 10 years. Of course compliance with the medications, which is not an easy thing, and avoidance of high risk behaviors continue to be mandatory for maximal benefit but HIV associated deaths continue to decline.

Magic and his expanding girth is an example of a guy who thought he had a terminal disease that would surely cost him his life only to find out that he would likely have decades to slowly do himself in like the rest of us from the evil of excess and gluttony. It is amazing that few media types are interested in a story such as this.....
Old 11-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
See,he shortened BUBBLE BERRY up and got a much needed win,congrats.Hope it ain't the 1st win this year for ya.
BB was claimed from Chuck today. You're going to have to train another one of his horses now Scuds.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
BB was claimed from Chuck today. You're going to have to train another one of his horses now Scuds.
Doesn't Skaggs have horses at Tampa? I can't remember, but if he does, more Bubble Berry for you
Old 11-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Doesn't Skaggs have horses at Tampa? I can't remember, but if he does, more Bubble Berry for you
Name doesn't ring a bell.

It's Bubble Berry's kind of place.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Sha Tin

Bubbles just wasnt the same horse without Scuds guidance. But the $5k was a nice Thanksgiving gift.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Goodwood

Default It's a slow night....

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/ml...ory?id=4689589
Old 11-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
LOL...He n' Bubble both hanging on (last I checked.)