Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
What is the deal now (how does it work) at various tracks. I only partly heard that discussion on ATR ... is it a manual signal from the mutuals manager?
Stewards first.. then Mutuels/Tote Company have backup stop..
Old 12-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Stewards first.. then Mutuels/Tote Company have backup stop..
Then I'd agree with the dedicated pro vs. a steward, and fines unless a unavoidable and documentable malfunction occurs.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 12-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
Then I'd agree with the dedicated pro vs. a steward, and fines unless a unavoidable and documentable malfunction occurs.
Stewards ARE 'dedicated pros' and it is part of the responsibilities in the stand.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Keeneland

I'm going back to listen to ATR ....
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 12-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Stewards ARE 'dedicated pros' and it is part of the responsibilities in the stand.
Isn't the switch triggered by the starter's button hooked into the mutuels?
Old 12-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
Obsessed? Surely you don't believe that, or don't know the meaning of obsessed.

Had your "Get over it" appeared in a widely distributed medium, as opposed to a chat room, I doubt that horseplayers would have been thrilled, to say the least, with reading it. Clearly, I'm not the only one here who objected to your take on this issue, though I happen to agree with many of your points. I objected to one part of what you wrote.
Call it whatever you want. And if horseplayers are pissed so be it. It is my view on this one particular race.

If you can find a horseman that speaks up in support of horseplayers more than me, I would like to meet them.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
Isn't the switch triggered by the starter's button hooked into the mutuels?
Can be.. Why it's not installed that way more widely is a mystery.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Keeneland

Default KHRA & CD to investigate past-post incident

The Blood-Horse today:

"The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority will form a subcommittee to investigate an incident in which wagering on a Fair Grounds race at Keeneland remained available while a race was in progress, officials said Dec. 17." ... etc..