Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-05-2006, 11:15 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
We'll see when they go two turns...I have already acknowledged that CQ won the Hopeful and didn't take anything away from his perfromance and I went a step further by stating that he would probbably win the Champagne if entered - BUT, I still believe Scat Daddy will be better around two turns.....
Thats a fair statement. And i can see how someone might like Scat Daddy's higher early speed and more evenly paced style to suit two turns.
So why not just state it like that in the first place and save 90 posts worth of arguing Joel?
Old 09-05-2006, 11:16 AM
The Curragh

[quote=oracle80]
Quote:
Joel, shes a girl.
And I don't see a need for you to be modest if you slam dunk something. When you called out all the Darley/Godolphin/ Zabeel horses earlier this year you had a right to thump your chest, even if they are payed low win prices.
Anyone with a good and strong opinion is gonna be egocentric, thats just how it works.
But you are gonna be wrong more often than you are right, we all are. thats how racing is. You don't have to take being wrong as a personal offense. Its not the kind of game for that. Being wrong is a major part of this game.

you forgot shadwell and Gainsborough
Old 09-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Cunningham Racing

Evidentally, somebody didn't read my original thread after the Hopeful which is aptly headlined: "Scat Daddy WILL win the BC Juvenile" - which the last time I checked will be around two turns at a track I am very familiar with going 1 1/16 miles....
Old 09-05-2006, 11:22 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Evidentally, somebody didn't read my original thread after the Hopeful which is aptly headlined: "Scat Daddy WILL win the BC Juvenile" - which the last time I checked will be around two turns at a track I am very familiar with going 1 1/16 miles....
Well CQ already has shown he likes the track. But that might not apply because CD has scraped big days in the past and it might not be the same kinda track that he won on earlier this year. I think how each horse preps leading up to it might be the key. Todd was very coy yesterday after the race when discussing plans for both. I'm not sure which road he will take. Makes sense to me that scat daddy will be placed in the most likely winning spot that Pletcher can find. He still needs to win a grade one to be guranteed as a sire. I also imagine they won't meet until the Cup again. The problem is that I can't see Pletcher running either at Keeneland on polytrack.
So which one goes to the Champagne? Where does the other horse go? Does he elect to train either up to the BC?