Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Buh bye Vagic.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Santa Anita

I was unable to watch the game tonight, but I can only guess the refs were uncharacteristically competent tonight?? No? Why does ateam never talk about the fix and the refs after Celtic wins?? It is a typing comedy show.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
I was unable to watch the game tonight, but I can only guess the refs were uncharacteristically competent tonight?? No? Why does ateam never talk about the fix and the refs after Celtic wins?? It is a typing comedy show.
Cry, cry away Cleveland fan. The refs called the Celtics for four more fouls, the free throws were even and Howard got away with another billion elbows/rakedowns. I'm supposed to take up for the Vagic after that? Your sad, sad act is a comedy show. Enjoy the Mangini era buddy. God are we glad to be rid of that doofus.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Because LeBron is always super receptive when he gets called for one of his 17 career personal fouls.
LeBron has no existence now. Until he decides to sign I don't care. If he re-signs with the Cavs we can re-visit this. I don't cheer for players. I cheer for the jerseys they wear.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Cry, cry away Cleveland fan. The refs called the Celtics for four more fouls, the free throws were even and Howard got away with another billion elbows/rakedowns. I'm supposed to take up for the Vagic after that? Your sad, sad act is a comedy show. Enjoy the Mangini era buddy. God are we glad to be rid of that doofus.

What a clown. A Boston and New York fan combined. It gets absolutely no worse than that. It is a horror show of zero loyalty.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Santa Anita

So the refs cost the Celtics the game that they won. Incredible show going on here.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
What a clown. A Boston and New York fan combined. It gets absolutely no worse than that. It is a horror show of zero loyalty.
Quote:
So the refs cost the Celtics the game that they won. Incredible show going on here.
yeah, all the glory I've had being a Jet fan since I was 11.

No one said the refs cost anyone anything. I'm telling you that there was no discernible bias either way tonight. And if you actually read what I wrote, I never said the refs threw Game 5 for the Vagic. I said the calls on Perkins were an absolute joke, and they were.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Santa Anita

I find it funny. All I know is I was 100 percent wrong about the Celtics going to the post season. You were right. I did think they would take the Cavs 6 or 7 but lose, but you were right and I was wrong. So whatever I say has no bearing really. I simply have no clue why you harp about the refs so much is all.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
I find it funny. All I know is I was 100 percent wrong about the Celtics going to the post season. You were right. I did think they would take the Cavs 6 or 7 but lose, but you were right and I was wrong. So whatever I say has no bearing really. I simply have no clue why you harp about the refs so much is all.
I am right there with you on being wrong on the celts. I was convinced that they were done...for good.

I have another couple of months before Wall suits up.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Again, acting as if I'm the only one that expresses suspicion about Stern and the referees. It's the goddamn 2-ton elephant in the room for any reasonable basketball fan and has been for over a decade now. I'd love to get into another 700-page argument with you and Chuck about the sainthood of NBA refs, but I'm in too good of a mood right now, so cheers.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Again, acting as if I'm the only one that expresses suspicion about Stern and the referees. It's the goddamn 2-ton elephant in the room for any reasonable basketball fan and has been for over a decade now. I'd love to get into another 700-page argument with you and Chuck about the sainthood of NBA refs, but I'm in too good of a mood right now, so cheers.
I see no evidence of any refs kicking out any team this postseason. I never said they were saints. I have said they are human beings who make mistakes but usually make the right call. the Celtics were the best team in postseason in the East and they are in the finals. By your arguments, Stern and the refs put them there. I think that degrades the team you pull for extensively. I think your team was the best team and that is why they won. I honestly don't think it was a Stern conspiracy to put them there, but which series gets higher ratings?? LA-Boston or Phoenix-Orlando?? ::

Last edited by horseofcourse : 05-28-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
I see no evidence of any refs kicking out any team this postseason. I never said they were saints. I have said they are human beings who make mistakes but usually make the right call. the Celtics were the best team in postseason in the East and they are in the finals. By your arguments, Stern and the refs put them there. I think that degrades the team you pull for extensively. I think your team was the best team and that is why they won. I honestly don't think it was a Stern conspiracy to put them there, but which series gets higher ratings?? LA-Boston or Phoenix-Orlando??
I never said they influence every single thing that happens in the playoffs. I just don't think they're the totally impartial arbiters you and Chuck do. Again, I'm too giddy to deal with this right now, have a good night HoC.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
I never said they influence every single thing that happens in the playoffs. I just don't think they're the totally impartial arbiters you and Chuck do. Again, I'm too giddy to deal with this right now, have a good night HoC.
Even when I say the Celtics are the best team and that is why they are where they are, you still can't agree with me!! When you pump the conspiracy non-stop, then see it's actually your team that may be winning titles in 2 of the last 3 years, it sort of all comes crumbling down around you doesn't it!!

Good night ateam....it's always fun!
Old 05-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post

I have another couple of months before Wall suits up.
Unless the Wiz take Sam Bowie
Old 05-29-2010, 06:20 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post

I think K. Brown would be a nice fit with the Wiz......no bigger first pick bust than he!!

Does Doc win Coach of the year now finally?
Old 05-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Now that Leonsis is the owner, maybe they will go back to being the bullets.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3 View Post
I think K. Brown would be a nice fit with the Wiz......no bigger first pick bust than he!!

Does Doc win Coach of the year now finally?
Kwame is an abortion but LaRue Martin still tops the worst first pick list.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Now that Leonsis is the owner, maybe they will go back to being the bullets.
No that would cause children in the DC area to turn to violence because everybody knows that people are greatly influenced by nicknames of sports franchises...

They should just wear the retro unis for the entire season

Old 05-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Coach Pants

Lakers +110
200/220
Old 05-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Flemington

That Pimp fool wearing Lavender, or Lilac?