Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989 View Post
Day 2 of "Weekend Dee Tee" and though we had a relatively light Dee Tee showing (Jonathan (Unstable), Mrs. Heels and myself), today turned out to be a fantastic cap to this Mother's day weekend.

RBK was on his toes and full of himself in the paddock prior to the race. He looked ready to run and did not disappoint, digging down in the stretch for a very solid second. He came back to the paddock a bit tired and Tony mentioned he still needs a bit more "air" (fitness) but overall he was very pleased with the today's effort. Tony would like to see RBK continue sprinting for a bit til he breaks his maiden and then look for the stretch out and grass.

Susan took us back to the barn to visit the Simon string and all 6 horses look great. Missus Mayflower was ready for some attention and any MINTS that came her way. KnS looks like a totally different horse from 2 weeks ago. Her coat is dabbled out and she has definitely gained some weight back. We gave her a few more calories as she enjoyed chomping down some mints as well. RBK looked in excellent post race shape and appreciated the attention and mints as much as his Dee Tee sisters. Ships Cabin, Graphite Halo and Target Practice also enjoyed our company. Big thanks to Susan and Raul for giving letting us hang around the barn for a while this afternoon. Without a doubt, one of my favorite parts of being a Dee Tee partner.

Some photos from today:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/...hotos-_-Sharee

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.
Thanks Dave - wish I had been able to make it down to PA to cap off my weekend. RBK looks great as do MM and KNS - I love the picture of her "watching" the 8th race.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:55 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
I'm not so sure about that. Three weeks is a similar scenario to the 17 day turnaround that produced the just-missed effort April 3rd. And like this situation, he had missed some days of training for the March 18th race with a hock that was bothering him before turning in the sharp effort 2.5 weeks later. He came out of that March race dead fit, and they had trouble keeping him on the ground after it. He may be perfectly tight for a race on three weeks rest. Gary wants to see how he exited Saturday, but as of yesterday, it appears he came out of it great.

Obviously it would be deliriously fun to run on the Belmont undercard, but if he's ready for May 29, I'd imagine Gary would run him there if he wants to give the turf dash a try. You might in fact catch a field that is missing horses waiting for that June 5 Belmont Day spot. But I should note that the 7f race 5/29 is written as a substitute race, so there's no guarantee it gets used.
I believe the Sat. 5/29 race is restricted to 3YO's as well. Luckily my wife already twisted my arm to go that day because a friend of her's is riding drassage between the races.

Looking forward to it, whenever he goes. Also see a couple NYB 2YO Filly races in the book...
Old 05-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmacdaddy View Post
I believe the Sat. 5/29 race is restricted to 3YO's as well. Luckily my wife already twisted my arm to go that day because a friend of her's is riding drassage between the races.

Looking forward to it, whenever he goes. Also see a couple NYB 2YO Filly races in the book...

Just make sure you wear pants next time.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
On Saturday 5/29 there's a $65,000 MC going 7f on the Widener. There's also a 1m MSW on the grass Belmont Day that could be a good target and lot of fun.
if Lloyd was racing ont he grass Saturday - he would have won. That surface was very kind to horses with early lick.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

is RBK done growing?

The other horses seemed to tower over him.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Hollywood Park

Any thought of running Lloyd at Monmouth? The smaller oval would probably favor his front-end style better than at the Big Sandy and only a short van ride over.

Timing could be an issue though - - Looks like there is a MSW-$75K and MCL ($60K) -$42K both on June 12th at 6 furlongs.

Of course, ya gotta get in first !!!

Anyway, just an observation - - I'll leave the race selection to the DT Stable experts who've done a great job so far.

Thanks for this past weekend and all your efforts........