Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Well, Cassel does have Dwayne Bowe. One thing yesterday showed is that KC is lost without Cassel.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
6-1 RATIO OR 3-1.
Im not sure how thats close.
You're putting a ton of stock into two stats that are important, but hardly the be all end all of a QB, especially when you understand where they fit into the context of an offense.

You're taking a guy who is having a good year and comparing him to people who have proven year in and year out are very good NFL players.

KC should win the division because their three remaining games are relatively soft (@ St. Louis, vs. Tennessee, vs. Oakland). But, if they are in the 4th quarter of a Wildcard Playoff game against a team like Baltimore trailing 27-23 with 2:00 to go we will all see how Cassel accumulated nice stats playing in an offense where one of the main goals was to keep him from having to do very much.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Its actually pretty simple.

1. Brady
2. Vick
3. Rivers
4. Brees
5. Cassel
It's like you are compiling a list of super models and you throw this in there
http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/u...n-pictures.jpg
Old 12-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
You're putting a ton of stock into two stats that are important, but hardly the be all end all of a QB, especially when you understand where they fit into the context of an offense.

You're taking a guy who is having a good year and comparing him to people who have proven year in and year out are very good NFL players.

KC should win the division because their three remaining games are relatively soft (@ St. Louis, vs. Tennessee, vs. Oakland). But, if they are in the 4th quarter of a Wildcard Playoff game against a team like Baltimore trailing 27-23 with 2:00 to go we will all see how Cassel accumulated nice stats playing in an offense where one of the main goals was to keep him from having to do very much.

Your scenario is horrible. I would barley take Brady vs Baltimore D. That's the best defense in the NFL.
Im talking this year Nick, this year only.
So now because a team can run the QB sucks? The team is built to run, thats a knock on the QB? Sanchez is the WORST QB IN THE NFL, when they dont run. He is literally in the bottom 5. Matt Schaub is a total bum, really surprised you went there.

I would take 15 guys over Peyton Manning so far this year..... He has been horrible.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
What's wrong with his list?

We all know Cassell > Rodgers

Get off his c*ck MaTH.
I'm sorry I didn't talk you in to starting Shonn Greene last week.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Your scenario is horrible. I would barley take Brady vs Baltimore D. That's the best defense in the NFL.
So now because a team can run the QB sucks? The team is built to run, thats a knock on the QB? Sanchez is the WORST QB IN THE NFL, when they dont run. He is literally in the bottom 5. Matt Schaub is a total bum, really surprised you went there.

I would take 15 guys over Peyton Manning so far this year..... He has been horrible.
YOU HAVE THE WORST OPINION AT DERBYTRAIL
Old 12-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Flemington

Quote:

The way he's playing right now, Brady would be a play versus the 85 Bears.

Cassel is rated about 25th in every other relevant pass category, so to say he is in the top 5 because he has a 7:1 td interception ratio is ludicris. Like Bigs said, how does Brees make your list when he is averaging 1 1/2 TD to 1 interception?
Old 12-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:

It's not a knock on the QB when a team is built to run but it's a huge knock when you're trying to say that he's one of the best in the league. He's having a good season because they are a well coached offensive unit with a system tailored to their individual players.

Two other things:

1.) Sanchez is not the worst QB in the NFL. I understand you hate the Jets but that's just stupid.

2.) Matt Schaub led the NFL in passing and yds per game last year, finished 5th in TDs, 4th in completion percentage, 7th in QB rating (ahead of guys like Romo, Brady, Warner, E. Manning, McNabb, Flacco, and Matt Ryan). I'm sure you watch very little Houston Texans football but he is not a bum.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Flemington

Quote:
It's not a knock on the QB when a team is built to run but it's a huge knock when you're trying to say that he's one of the best in the league. He's having a good season because they are a well coached offensive unit with a system tailored to their individual players.

Two other things:

1.) Sanchez is not the worst QB in the NFL. I understand you hate the Jets but that's just stupid.

2.) Matt Schaub led the NFL in passing and yds per game last year, finished 5th in TDs, 4th in completion percentage, 7th in QB rating (ahead of guys like Romo, Brady, Warner, E. Manning, McNabb, Flacco, and Matt Ryan). I'm sure you watch very little Houston Texans football but he is not a bum.

I dislike the Jets. I like and appreciate the talent they have.
Sanchez is horrible. I would take the 3 big college guys to build my team around moving forward right now over Sanchez.
Luck, the kid from Washington and even Cam.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Coach Pants

General Manager Boob McBit.chtits
Old 12-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
General Manager Boob McBit.chtits
HE HAS ALL THE TOOLS to be a good GM
Old 12-13-2010, 12:35 PM

Well, I will agree with RHT that Sanchez isn't much of an NFL quarterback. Is he the worst starter in the league? I know at least the 2010 version of Chad Henne would beg to differ with that assessment. That being said, Sanchez at this point in his career is easily one of the five worst performing starters in the league, though as ateam said earlier in this thread, he's not the Jets only problem on offense.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:38 PM

Sorry, I forgot Carson Palmer. He makes Sanchise look like Joe Namath.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Well, I will agree with RHT that Sanchez isn't much of an NFL quarterback. Is he the worst starter in the league? I know at least the 2010 version of Chad Henne would beg to differ with that assessment. That being said, Sanchez at this point in his career is easily one of the five worst performing starters in the league, though as ateam said earlier in this thread, he's not the Jets only problem on offense.
Their problem is the entire offense. It's been the same problem for 6 years now. They have a horrible offensive coordinator, who is a terrible play caller. Sanchez has been bad recently and appears to me to be playing scared. But weeks 2-10 he played pretty good. Not Tom Brady good, but good enough. The running game has been hurting for weeks and if they can't run, they can't score.

Sanchez also has gotten little to no help from his receivers. The difference in the game yesterday is Santonio Holmes dropping a TD pass when there wasn't a defender within 5 yards of him. Cotchery dropped a ball late in the game and Braylon Edwards has had his fair share of drops. Dustin Keller is non existant.

He's not one of the top 5 worst perfoming starters. Not even close.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Seriously? Sanchez has had two bad games and now there are 25 QBs in the NFL who are better than him? Come on, that's lunacy.

Sanchez is the 2nd best QB in his division. If you based it on current starters (even injured ones) here's what you have:

Vick (*)
E. Manning (*)
McNabb
Romo
Rodgers (*)
Favre
Cutler
Stafford
Ryan (*)
Freeman (*)
Brees (*)
Claussen
Bradford
A. Smith
Hasselbeck
Anderson
Brady (*)
Sanchez
Henne
Fitzpatrick
Delhomme
Palmer
Roethlisberger (*)
Flacco
Schaub (*)
P. Manning (*)
Garrard
Collins/Young
Rivers (*)
Cassel
Orton
Campbell

There's absolutely no way you're taking 26 of those guys over Mark Sanchez. I put asterisks next to the ones I would take over Sanchez and came up with 11. Freeman is the only shot in the dark, but I think he's solid and has a bright future.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:01 PM

You guys are crazy. Fifth worst rating in the friggin' league. No way he's the 12th best quarterback in the league. Zero chance at that.

And second best quarterback in the division? If you had a pick and needed to a win a single game with a single quarterback, do you take Sanchez or Fitzpatrick? Serious question. I know who I would pick, and he doesn't currently suit up for Gang Green.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Seriously? Sanchez has had two bad games and now there are 25 QBs in the NFL who are better than him? Come on, that's lunacy.

Sanchez is the 2nd best QB in his division. If you based it on current starters (even injured ones) here's what you have:

Vick (*)
E. Manning (*)
McNabb
Romo
Rodgers (*)
Favre
Cutler
Stafford
Ryan (*)
Freeman (*)
Brees (*)
Claussen
Bradford
A. Smith
Hasselbeck
Anderson
Brady (*)
Sanchez
Henne
Fitzpatrick
Delhomme
Palmer
Roethlisberger (*)
Flacco
Schaub (*)
P. Manning (*)
Garrard
Collins/Young
Rivers (*)
Cassel
Orton
Campbell

There's absolutely no way you're taking 26 of those guys over Mark Sanchez. I put asterisks next to the ones I would take over Sanchez and came up with 11. Freeman is the only shot in the dark, but I think he's solid and has a bright future.
Sorry, had to re-read this and got a further chuckle. I don't mean to belabor this point, but what has he done in his career that's better than, say, Jason Campbell? Honest question. And there's not a single scout in the league who would take Sanchez over his two 2009 first round draft mates (Stafford when healthy, Freeman). Cassel has GROSSLY outplayed Sanchez this year - that's not even debateable. McNabb's a HOF-er. Favre is 2,903 years old, but based on the way T-Jack played last week (INT's and all), he's still close to Sanchez. Romo's better, not even close. I hate Cutler's ass face, but the guy at least has some talent. You lost me on Bradford - he's the offensive rookie of the year - and has looked pretty good, yesterday excepted.

Aside from that, there are some pretty awful quarterbacks starting right now in the league. Excellent points.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
You guys are crazy. Fifth worst rating in the friggin' league. No way he's the 12th best quarterback in the league. Zero chance at that.

And second best quarterback in the division? If you had a pick and needed to a win a single game with a single quarterback, do you take Sanchez or Fitzpatrick? Serious question. I know who I would pick, and he doesn't currently suit up for Gang Green.
You said he was the 5th worst QB in the league and present QB ratings as your proof....and we're crazy?

Good luck with that one. Matt Cassel has a higher QB rating than Big Ben, drew Brees, Schaub, Flacco, both Mannings, Cutler, Matt Ryan. He must be better than them. It's all about those QB ratings.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:23 PM

It's not the be-all and end-all, but it certainly means something, does it not? There is a middle ground to an argument, no?

And Eli Manning stinks. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Sorry, had to re-read this and got a further chuckle. I don't mean to belabor this point, but what has he done in his career that's better than, say, Jason Campbell? Honest question. And there's not a single scout in the league who would take Sanchez over his two 2009 first round draft mates (Stafford when healthy, Freeman). Cassel has GROSSLY outplayed Sanchez this year - that's not even debateable. McNabb's a HOF-er. Favre is 2,903 years old, but based on the way T-Jack played last week (INT's and all), he's still close to Sanchez. Romo's better, not even close. I hate Cutler's ass face, but the guy at least has some talent. You lost me on Bradford - he's the offensive rookie of the year - and has looked pretty good, yesterday excepted.

Aside from that, there are some pretty awful quarterbacks starting right now in the league. Excellent points.
The irony of asking who you'd take if you had to win one game then saying you'd choose a QB whose career win percentage is .400 is not lost on me.

Sanchez played poorly yesterday, and the week before. I've never disputed that. But you're dealing with a QB who just made his 28th regular season start and suddenly determining that he has no future in the NFL. Gone are the memories of the game he played against NE in Week 2 or the comeback wins against Detroit, Cleveland, and Houston.

You can't make proclamations on who's good or who's bad by QB ratings and raw stats. I understand you're a Lions fan but I can't see how more than 5-6 GMs in the NFL would take Stafford right now. The guy could separate his shoulder sneezing.