Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-09-2010, 09:05 PM
The Curragh

I started handicapping Gulfstream tomorrow after that Vick fumble. I think this game has officialy tilted the scale of me being more of a horse racing fan then an Eagles/NFL fan.
Never thought that would of happened but it's def a good thing.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Gulfstream Park

Wow … back-to-back ass-beatings by Dallas

Now the delusional losers (Jeffrey "Gold Standard" Lurie, Joe "Best Roster" Banner, and Andy "Top Organization" Reid) can go home and do what they do best … talk.

Reid-McNabb … 0-11 … and counting…
Old 01-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Operator
Wow … back-to-back ass-beatings by Dallas

Now the delusional losers (Jeffrey "Gold Standard" Lurie, Joe "Best Roster" Banner, and Andy "Top Organization" Reid) can go home and do what they do best … talk.

Reid-McNabb … 0-11 … and counting…
3rd most wins this decade

he was outmanned tonight
Old 01-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Gulfstream Park

Oh brother … here we go with the excuses

ZERO FOR ELEVEN
Old 01-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Operator
Oh brother … here we go with the excuses

ZERO FOR ELEVEN

would you rather have tom coughlin?
Old 01-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Gulfstream Park

Yes
Old 01-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
would you rather have tom coughlin?
Gales, When Rex wins the Super Bowl with the Jets then feel free to talk about head coaches with hardware. Until then you should probably keep your mouth shut with some of the brilliant names that have been in charge of Gang Green. I'm not saying Tom Coughlin is Vince Lombardi, but he did lead them to 3 staight road playoff wins and then a victory against an unbeaten team. So get off his ass.

Who would have you rather had, Reid or some of those Bums that have coached the Jets the last decade?
Old 01-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
Gales, When Rex wins the Super Bowl with the Jets then feel free to talk about head coaches with hardware. Until then you should probably keep your mouth shut with some of the brilliant names that have been in charge of Gang Green. I'm not saying Tom Coughlin is Vince Lombardi, but he did lead them to 3 staight road playoff wins and then a victory against an unbeaten team. So get off his ass.

Who would have you rather had, Reid or some of those Bums that have coached the Jets the last decade?
i would take Andy Reid over all of them with the exception of Bill Parcells

Reid is a better coach than Coughlin , the record bears it out
Old 01-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:

Even Rich Kotite?
Old 01-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings
Even Rich Kotite?
i liked rich , he just didn't get it done
Old 01-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Flemington

Quote:

Andy Reid is getting into the the Marty Schottenhiemer neighborhood. A very good coach that can't win a big game.

The record might bear it, but I bet you everything I have that Reid would trade it all for one ring.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:00 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Andy Reid is getting into the the Marty Schottenhiemer neighborhood. A very good coach that can't win a big game.

The record might bear it, but I bet you everything I have that Reid would trade it all for one ring.
dump the mc nabb.. mike vick yahl!!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
dump the mc nabb.. mike vick yahl!!
Say what you want, but you can't fault McNabb last year. He was dynamite against the Cards and got them out of that hole. That was probably their best chance. Only if that vaunted D, could have made one last stand.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:

bud grant and marv levy would trade everything for the ring that TC that doesn't mean they are not better coaches
Old 01-10-2010, 09:26 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Say what you want, but you can't fault McNabb last year. He was dynamite against the Cards and got them out of that hole. That was probably their best chance. Only if that vaunted D, could have made one last stand.
yes they looked like highschool vs college lineman..they need some beef upront..and some cover guys that hit.the best way to kill the supah star wide out is to make him hear footsteps..moss is gonna get that today..and fitzgerald too.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Fairgrounds

Yesterday sure was a bad day to be a Eagles fan. As Andy Reid said in his press conference, no excuses. The Cowboys beat the Birds on both sides of the ball. I don't think it's that the Cowboys wanted it more, I think it's just at this stage they are better than my Birds.

Oh well, the sun is shining so today must be better than yesterday.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Flemington

Quote:
bud grant and marv levy would trade everything for the ring that TC that doesn't mean they are not better coaches
I never said that they weren't. But there is something to be said for a guy who wins a ring. What did Levy and Grant have, 4 cracks at it apiece? It's amazing to think that they made it that many times and were never able to win the big one.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

this is akin to saying the bcj winner couldn't win the derby.

the worst record post season all time is jim mora, 0-6 in the playoffs. second place, til yesterday, was wade phillips at 0-4.

you can't have a shot at the big game if you can't get to postseason.

as for the iggles, i'd point the finger at mcnabb, rather than reid. he seems to choke on big days. late in the first half, mcnabb had a total of two completions. you can't win with garbage play like that-all reid can do is watch at that point.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Operative word being in bold. Just like the Pats being 19-0 two years ago if it werent for Samuel dropping that pick of Eli. Momentum shifts happen in mostly every football game played. You, being the bettor that you are, should know this more than anybody. It's not Andy's fault that Harris, Macho got the penalty for hitting a defenseless receiver, pinning them back on the goal-line. If Demps or Hobb's were healthy, it would've been one of them returning the ensuing kickoff after DEN scored instead of Macho. You can maybe pin the fact that he had a rookie who was flying around at safety back there returning a kick. Reid's never been one to keep his foot on the throat of a team who they've amassed a comfortable lead against.

As for there being no way they beat the Cowboys this week, I hope you use better judgment when it's time for the fazoles to be laid on the line.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Hialeah Park

"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel