Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-05-2008, 11:28 PM
The Curragh

alright ateam, a little bet if you are interested. Lakers win the series and you have to put a Lakers picture of my choice as your avatar. Celtics win and I will put a Celtics picture of your choice as my avatar.

Eventhough the Celtics are up 1 game I doubt you will take this wager, and I really don't blame ya.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Flemington

If Lamar(pothead) plays like this the rest of the way, then Lakers have no shot. Celts are too big in the paint to have that guy not pulling his weight.They are already at a disadvantage in the paint with the Celts, and if this guy is invisible, then it's going to the Celts.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan
alright ateam, a little bet if you are interested. Lakers win the series and you have to put a Lakers picture of my choice as your avatar. Celtics win and I will put a Celtics picture of your choice as my avatar.

Eventhough the Celtics are up 1 game I doubt you will take this wager, and I really don't blame ya.
Sounds like harmless fun, I'm down.

Last edited by ateamstupid : 06-06-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
or like a guy who played 3 sports until he tore his right acl junior year and his left acl senior year. nice try.....
I knew you were weak in the knees
Old 06-06-2008, 06:12 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
There is a game tonight?
Exactly..POY
Old 06-06-2008, 08:28 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
You think they are above doing something to the rims? There were a ton of shots deep in the cylinder that came flying out. No, I don't think this organization would stop at anything. I'm not saying it cost the Lakers the game. Celts shot huge, and will win if they keep shooting that well. If the Lakers don't get more rebounds, then they are gunna get beat like in 2004. Pothead has the longest arms on the floor. Didn't come to play. Weren't hungry. We will see if they want this, because they didn't tonight.
damn juicers in boston....get co-co crisp in mix...
Old 06-06-2008, 09:26 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Celts in 7
Old 06-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs11204
celtics in 7
paul mvp
tonight celtics 99-88
...........GO TO VEGAS WITH ALOT OF $$$$$
Old 06-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Randwyck

thats about as good as you get from boston.......... lakers played like a deer cuaght in the headlights. boston had better win sunday or they are done.....kobe will NOT miss that many shot again and at staples center he goes to the line like 20 times a game........all and all it was horrible championship basketball.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:39 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysheba4
thats about as good as you get from boston.......... lakers played like a deer cuaght in the headlights. boston had better win sunday or they are done.....kobe will NOT miss that many shot again and at staples center he goes to the line like 20 times a game........all and all it was horrible championship basketball.

Did David Stern give the Lakers game one by TKO overnight, otherwise I think you my want to consider that this year the Celts and Lakers have played 3 times and beaten LA each of the 3. How can you possibly say the Celts are done if they lose a single game....
Old 06-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Hialeah Park

Lakers fans and Celtics fans deserve each other in this series..great reading though
Old 06-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Randwyck

i am blowing smoke.......but, remember....it boston when kobe gets butchered and hacked they dont call it, he goes to the line 6 times?? in los angeles you accidently brush up against him and he is shooting 2. thats one of the big problems with the n.b.a i.m.o.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:46 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysheba4
i am blowing smoke.......but, remember....it boston when kobe gets butchered and hacked they dont call it, he goes to the line 6 times?? in los angeles you accidently brush up against him and he is shooting 2. thats one of the big problems with the n.b.a i.m.o.

Yeah the flesh missing from the chest of PP must have been an illusion....KB simply sucked last night under the pressure of decent team defense. Stop whining and bring a better game otherwise this will be a short final. The refs are the refs as long as San Antonio isn't playing it will even out..
Old 06-06-2008, 02:09 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
Yeah the flesh missing from the chest of PP must have been an illusion....KB simply sucked last night under the pressure of decent team defense. Stop whining and bring a better game otherwise this will be a short final. The refs are the refs as long as San Antonio isn't playing it will even out..
I would look at Kobe's track record and rethink that he sucked because of pressure. Kobe was just off plain and simple, "pressure" does not get to him. The guy is as clutch as they come, he just wasn't feeling it last night.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I would look at Kobe's track record and rethink that he sucked because of pressure. Kobe was just off plain and simple, "pressure" does not get to him. The guy is as clutch as they come, he just wasn't feeling it last night.
Reading is fundamental. Mr. ICU said "the pressure of team defense"..
Old 06-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Flemington

Quote:
If Pothead doesn't get a lot more rebounds and inside points, then it's not gunna happen for the Lakers. You already saw that if KOBE slashes to the basket, then they aren't gunna call fouls on the Celts. So, it's Lamar and Gasol getting their act together, or else it's gunna be Green. There had to be a huge discrepancy in foul shots per team. 4 out of the 7 games are gunna be there. So, they get the 2 inside players to step up, or it's gunna be ugly.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:29 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Reading is fundamental. Mr. ICU said "the pressure of team defense"..
Understanding is fundamental as well. I get that he said pressure of team defense, but that doesn't affect Kobe. His shots weren't dropping, I don't care what defense they had, it doesn't stop Kobe. The only thing that stops Kobe is when his shot is off, NO DEFENSE can stop the guy and it has been shown.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:34 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
If Pothead doesn't get a lot more rebounds and inside points, then it's not gunna happen for the Lakers. You already saw that if KOBE slashes to the basket, then they aren't gunna call fouls on the Celts. So, it's Lamar and Gasol getting their act together, or else it's gunna be Green. There had to be a huge discrepancy in foul shots per team. 4 out of the 7 games are gunna be there. So, they get the 2 inside players to step up, or it's gunna be ugly.
I was saying this to myself before the game, and even more now. DO NOT play Luke Walton, instead let Trevor Ariza get his minutes and put his ass on Pierce. Ariza is capable of shutting Pierce down, he needs to be in these games!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
35 free throws by BOS, 28 by LAL, and two of Boston's were by Walter after the Lakers fouled intentionally. So 33-28. I wouldn't call that a huge discrepancy.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:49 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
35 free throws by BOS, 28 by LAL, and two of Boston's were by Walter after the Lakers fouled intentionally. So 33-28. I wouldn't call that a huge discrepancy.
It's cool to foul Kobe twice, do it once get called for it, then continue on and foul him even harder 2 seconds later after the whistle already blew and the refs let it slide.