Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Jerome Park

Get over it Joel...I did.

If you don't think you are opening yourself up to be teased about your affection for Godolphin then you need medi....ah you know what I mean.

You think the rest of us here DON'T need medical attention ( present poster in cluded )? Be serious.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:28 PM
oracle80

Joel you are only considering one possible explanation, I think thats the point.
In light of the consistent performances by the "house" horses on that day, year after year, would you not be a tad suspicious of results there.
I'm not talking down to you, and I'm sure you probably remember the data, but do you recall Almutawakel's World Cup win?
Gimme an explanation for that performance if you can. Because years later, I'm still scratching my head.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
It's obvious you haven't met me. I can run the 40 in 11.2
LOL Pillow Pants...
Old 10-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
You are the biggest Godolphin cheerleader NOT on their payroll. Do you deny that? Come on! You, like me, seem to be suspicious of everyone....but somehow you have decided Godolphin runs a clean operation. You love them....it's obvious. I hate them....that's also obvious.

Now you are taking the " medical attention " comment personally? I don't think so, I think you know I was kidding around but it seems to work for your agument now.

It would be one thing to suggest that you believe Testimony sucked up because the viable competitors all tired from chasing...but to explain it to me in the manner you did seemed a little over the top. But, I will concede that I MAY have overreacted, and ask you....how come Testimony wasn't able to suck up one bit in either of his US races...both of which had contentious paces?
A) Remember, when I make a comment on here that it is NOT just to you....I am protecting my debates for every other person that reads this thread...you should undertsand that by now....these weren't PMs, this was a LIVE thread open to the public to see so I wanted to explain my point - like I always do - to the people not as educated to our sport as you or I...I'm really surprised you didn't see this...

B) As for the medical attention quote...I could really careless about what anyone on here personally thinks about me...that is why I give my name out when others are scared to...I believe in my ability to analyze this sprt as good as any so I say what I feel and I hope some people like the thoroughness and honesty of it...if you think that comment bothered me, your wrong...it was just an indicator as to where this thread was heading and it proved true once again - unfortunately....I have been listening you jabbing me for the last 3 months about how i liss the Shieks' ass in everytghing I do....I got yuour point on that like 4 months ago....yet, i've never lashed back or let it bother because i could careless...

c) So I like their horses, who gives a ****?...You don't...thats great...good for you, man. I also don't like (by the way, hate is a strong word) the freaking Yankees and I like the Braves, but who cares? Fans are fans....am I wrong because I like their horses and operation, no?...thats ridiculous man...just ridiculous...

Again, I'm a tad shocked here...
Old 10-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Bold Reasoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
It is funny you say Bernardini and talk mechanics without rementioning his name because that is one of his strengths...he is a monster of an animal that moves IMPECCABLY...he moves like a cat and his hooves never appear to be on the ground for very long duirng his natural gait...If you can't see the superior athleticism that he possesses than I'm sorry about that because it is VERY evident judging by the way he carries himself, the way he moves, his beautiful pedigree and physique, his disposition and classy features and look that he is a champion to me...very clear he is something special and I don't throw that word around a lot in this game....you always look for something to knock in a horse and he has nothing...none, nada....or at least i haven't found anything looking at him with high scrutiny....I evaluate the upper echelon of horses by the number of weaknesses i percieve that they have, and he is the only horse I've ever seen that has none in my book...he rates out a 10 on my scale....he is as close to perfect as you'll ever see in a horse..

I believe he is the best horse we've had in our game the last 25 years...I really do...and when I say 'best horse' I mean that in a veryb thorough way...I look at him physically, how talented he is, his pedigree and what he will offer in the breeding sheds, etc.....the full cycle of how he could impact our sport....and I've come to the conclusion that there has been no better in my lifetime.....he is horse that could change our industry....100% impactful on and off the track in the breeding sheds...these don't come along but maybe once every 20-30 years....I know thats high praise and may will highly disagree, but I've been saying this since May and it is funny how everytime he cruises that I get less and less people disagreeing with me ....

BTW, the Shieks have convictions that run deeper than trying to win a race IMO...I just don't see them as being the character of people to feel like they have to cheat...I just don't...t makes no sense at all....They cut people's hands off over there whe you steal...I just cannot see it....those people over there have a MUCH stricter civil code and value system than Americans do on average....just saying...

Also, they love when the American's come to World Cup day..Why would they jeopardize that? Money is never an issue with them, and if cheating did happen there, I would bet aboyut anything that the high-ups had NO knowledge of it.....think about it...
I think that in the breeding shed Bernardini will impact the breed dramatically; this will be in the manner of his brilliant sire A.P. indy and his immortal grandsire Seattle Slew. This will be further resurrection of the Bold Ruler line.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Jerome Park

I heard Elocutionist's connections are still more than a little confused about his sudden dirt form considering he apparantly didn't handle it prior to changing hands.

What happened to that horse by the way?
Old 10-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Joel you are only considering one possible explanation, I think thats the point.
In light of the consistent performances by the "house" horses on that day, year after year, would you not be a tad suspicious of results there.
I'm not talking down to you, and I'm sure you probably remember the data, but do you recall Almutawakel's World Cup win?
Gimme an explanation for that performance if you can. Because years later, I'm still scratching my head.
I'd have to see it again...I know he's a Machivallian horse and I actually remmebered liking the horse some, but I cannot remember the race off hand right now.....sorry
Old 10-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Get over it Joel...I did.

If you don't think you are opening yourself up to be teased about your affection for Godolphin then you need medi....ah you know what I mean.

You think the rest of us here DON'T need medical attention ( present poster in cluded )? Be serious.
I don't.

Well... maybe I do. By the way, I won't be on the Bernardini bandwagon until after he wins the JCGC. I think he's just as guilty as Discreet Cat in beating "nobodies."
Old 10-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
I heard Elocutionist's connections are still more than a little confused about his sudden dirt form considering he apparantly didn't handle it prior to changing hands.

What happened to that horse by the way?
Died of a heart attck after runnig 3rd on the turf behind hurricane run....I hated hinm on dirt too, actually....he was a Red Ransom wth STRICTLY turf action from what I couild tell and I hated his prospects on dirt....But I will say that he is a classy horse who was rplaying a home game in the World Cup against what I considered was a horrible renewal of the race...I mean, i like the story behind brass hat and all, but we all know that he was what he was and it sure wasn't a super horse.....

Electrocutionist beat a bad bunch, so he didnt have to be great on dirt...
Old 10-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Jerome Park

Yup, Joel, we all have our rooting interests. Myself, I root for my friends. I root for the Baltimore Orioles and I root for Nick Zito's horses. But, I don't constantly trump up their chances while ignoring reality. I am sure I am in some ways blinded but I try to at least keep my personal rooting interests in check when posting...or at least I am up front about it.

I like that you love Godolphin, it gives me constant opportunities to tease you, and you have to admit you open yourself up for it. My actual question is what is the genesis of this affection...if you don't mind.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:42 PM
oracle80

Quote:
I'd have to see it again...I know he's a Machivallian horse and I actually remmebered liking the horse some, but I cannot remember the race off hand right now.....sorry
Lemme condense it for you, he never had any good form above the grade 3 level. He freaked out and won easily, then later that year couldnt hit the board in an overnight handicap at Belmont.
I only bring this up because you bash a lotta guys and charge form reversals by their horses and elude to methods they may be using.
You love the Sheiks? Gee I hadn't noticed,lol. What I'm saying is that its ok to love a team or trainer or owner, but in order to be fair wouldn't it be safe to say that some of these horses owned by the folks you love show similiar characteristics to the horses trained by the guys you like to bash?
I think thats a very fair way to put it.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Died of a heart attck after runnig 3rd on the turf behind hurricane run....I hated hinm on dirt too, actually....he was a Red Ransom wth STRICTLY turf action from what I couild tell and I hated his prospects on dirt....But I will say that he is a classy horse who was rplaying a home game in the World Cup against what I considered was a horrible renewal of the race...I mean, i like the story behind brass hat and all, but we all know that he was what he was and it sure wasn't a super horse.....

Brass Hat IS a super horse. What he's accomplished is absolutely incredible considering the injury he had to come back from.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:45 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Brass Hat IS a super horse. What he's accomplished is absolutely incredible considering the injury he had to come back from.
Buthes not well bred or owned by Sheikhs so that doesnt matter.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:

I agree he beat a relatively bad bunch, but it still surprises me that he handled the dirt even that effectively, and to be honest I think the performances by Godolphin horses on Dubai World Cup day are often a little surprising.

Yes, I was joking, as I know he's dead and frankly he is on my list, which is growing WAY too rapidly, of horses that died mysteriously very shortly after dramatically improving their form. It seems to me Godolphin has horses on this list just like a lot of others that you and I would agree are AT LEAST a little suspicious. But, you know me, I'm just paranoid.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Keeneland

I think most of you are being too hard on Joel when it comes to Godolphin. They just happen to have some of the best horses in their barn. Lots of money = lots of nice horses. I don't think that Godolphin needs Joel to promote them... Bernardini does that.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Churchill Downs

Not meaning to take sides, but I agree Cajun.

Also, he picked out these horses at the beginning of the year before everyone saw what monsters they were. He had Bernardini in the Preakness. It's not like he started talking about them after the fact. I think that the sheiks horses are wonderful and by some of your standards, I "promote" them as well. Of course, I didn't catch on as quickly to the depth of talent in that stable as Joel did... I admire his boldness, and in this case, he happened to be right.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Coach Pants

Yeah but picking the sheikhs horses to do well is like picking the Yankees to win it all. You're going to be right eventually. BFD.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Yeah but picking the sheikhs horses to do well is like picking the Yankees to win it all. You're going to be right eventually. BFD.
He didn't just pick the sheiks horses to do well. He said that they were the best horses in the world, and he specifically named them...

What does BFD stand for? I'm probably going to feel really stupid when you tell me because it is probably really simple and obvious....
Old 10-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyrosesinmay
He didn't just pick the sheiks horses to do well. He said that they were the best horses in the world, and he specifically named them...

What does BFD stand for? I'm probably going to feel really stupid when you tell me because it is probably really simple and obvious....
Big f'ing deal.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
Big f'ing deal.
Well, that's not very nice...