Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

The Ped State Nambla Lions are 3.5 point home dogs against the Cornhuskers this weekend.

Big shame -- I mean game.

JoePed will have the boys ready.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Coach Pants

Nah my morality would get the better of me after about 10 minutes of shock. Of course my morality is skewed and Sandusky could be in far more trouble than the police coming.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Dee Tee Stables

so i saw that matt millen was boo-hooing on espn....didn't he uh..have his own issues with girls under 18? guess that doesn't count tho.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
so i saw that matt millen was boo-hooing on espn....didn't he uh..have his own issues with girls under 18? guess that doesn't count tho.
I think you're confusing Matt Millen with Lawrence Taylor.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Dee Tee Stables

seems like he had gone to a party, back when he was still in detroit, and supposedly engaged in shenanigans with a girl in the bathroom...not a prostitute, like with lt.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Flemington

Joe Paterno fired.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Joe Paterno fired.
should have embalmed him
Old 11-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
should have embalmed him
I agree. Its pathetic it took them this long. He had to be fired. Not let retire, or step down. He is a criminal.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ier-penn-state

Both football coach Joe Paterno and president Graham Spanier are out at Penn State in the wake of a disturbing child sex abuse scandal involving a former assistant coach.

Paterno said in a statement Wednesday he would retire after the season, but the university's board of trustees met Wednesday night and decided Paterno would not be allowed to continue as coach effective immediately. Assistant coach Tom Bradley has been named interim coach.

The U.S. Department of Education said Wednesday it would investigate whether Penn State violated federal law requiring the disclosure of criminal offenses on campus and warnings of crimes posing a threat to the community in its handling of the allegations. U.S. Rep. Patrick Meehan, R-Pa., requested the Education Department's involvement on Tuesday.

"If these allegations of sexual abuse are true then this is a horrible tragedy for those young boys. If it turns out that some people at the school knew of the abuse and did nothing or covered it up, that makes it even worse," U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan said. "Schools and school officials have a legal and moral responsibility to protect children and young people from violence and abuse."
Old 11-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
should have embalmed him

Oh mine Got!!.......f,r&l-a!!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
I agree. Its pathetic it took them this long. He had to be fired. Not let retire, or step down. He is a criminal.
Douchebag comment
Old 11-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Douchebag comment
Really? Do you have kids? If they were being raped would you want someone to do something about it? I make a lot of douchebag comments, not this 1 though. The truth will come out. Its already out to some extent. Things were reported to Joe Pa and he did nothing but go to his boss. He should have went to the police first...THE POLICE. These are serious crimes.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Really? Do you have kids? If they were being raped would you want someone to do something about it? I make a lot of douchebag comments, not this 1 though. The truth will come out. Its already out to some extent. Things were reported to Joe Pa and he did nothing but go to his boss. He should have went to the police first...THE POLICE. These are serious crimes.
Ya I have kids in fact my daughter goes to psu..I'm not disagreeing he had to go but he is far from the criminal here
Old 11-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Ya I have kids in fact my daughter goes to psu..I'm not disagreeing he had to go but he is far from the criminal here

Your right there are a lot of criminals here including Joe Paterno. He turned his back on those kids. It was reported to him and he went to his boss? Screw that. He needed to go to the police first, then his boss. But he forgot to go to the cops and put Penn St over little kids lifes.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Douchebag comment
Seriously?

He is 100% correct. Not reporting = enabling = criminal act. No matter what a legend JoePa was before this.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Your right there are a lot of criminals here including Joe Paterno. He turned his back on those kids. It was reported to him and he went to his boss? Screw that. He needed to go to the police first, then his boss. But he forgot to go to the cops and put Penn St over little kids lifes.
We still have no idea what detail he knows. Do you really think coach is a molester.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
The thing is, he might not have committed the crimes, so technically he isn't a criminal. But, he knew what happened, never contacted the police and seemingly never followed up on the initial complaint. His lack of action enabled more kids to get tortured.

No excuse for something like that.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Flemington

Quote:
We still have no idea what detail he knows. Do you really think coach is a molester.
Did I say Joe Pa is a molester? I think he had specific details, rapes reported to him and did nothing more but go to his boss. He never went to the police. Then his boss never did a thing and Joe Pa was Ok with that for years now. Not reporting a rape is a criminal act, right? If your son was raped, and your best friend watched it and he did not report it, how would you feel about your best friend?
Old 11-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Paterno should be in jail. The eyewitness should be raped and have people watch and not stop it. Sandusky should be in hell. The end.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 11-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
The eyewitness should be raped and have people watch and not stop it.
Who the hell would want to watch that?