Zensational
Old 11-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Saratoga

Cocoa Beach.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
I think there's a difference between horses that can handle 10f and those that want it. I think horses like Rip, Summer Bird, Gio Ponti.......and Zenyatta want it. We also saw the JCGC different. I don't think he was so game in that race and I don't think the track was any more tiring for him than for any other horse. I also don't think Summer Bird is very, very good. I think he's been made to appear so by the level of competition out there but compared to what I think actual good horses are, neither of them are very good to me. I'd have loved Quality Road in the Main Track Mile though.
Its funny you criticize the level of competiton Summer Bird has faced, and you never mention the same criticism when it comes to Zenyatta, who has undeniably been beating up on terrible fields.

Quality Road in the Main Track Mile would have been a heavy favorite so you arent really going out on much of a limb there. I'm glad hes running in a race where you can actually make a bet on him.

I do agree with you on Summer Bird and Gio Ponti wanting 10F more than Quality Road, but I dont think Zenyatta is any more cut out for it than Quality Road.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Woodbine

how can anyone say zenyatta will want it? how would you know until saturday. summer bird is not very good? put it this way, i'm willing to bet saturaday that summer bird and quality road are better than these horses. Rip van winkle worries me the most. people are forgeting that the tracks were sloppy both times QR ran a mile and a quarter. i saw him run here prepping for the travers and it WAS the most impressive race of the meet. he stumbled at the start cruised to the front and laughed when captain candy man came to him. the race was so fast they couldn't time it! i'll take him at 9-1 over zenyatta at 2-1 or lower anyday. shes not racing lethal heat and cocoa beach saturday.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2
How you think Zenyatta is a more likely winner than Ventura I will never know.
I stand corrected on both counts. You were right KG.
Nice selection.