Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
I haven't yet nailed down why but it seems like the NHL is against the idea of the Rangers moving on. Caps have had late PP's in any game that is tied or they are trailing. The fact that this didn't get a second look is just another point.
I don't believe that there's a conspiracy theory against the Rangers, if anything you would think the opposite and the NHL would want them to go far.
I'm just confused about the inconstistency of Mr. Shannahan's office. I really believe that the Ovie hit was borderline, but if he follows the path that he has taken during the post season so far, there should have at least been a hearing.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Flemington

Un-Belieeeeeeeevable.......................
Old 05-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Joel Ward from hero to goat. Still, Holtby needs to secure that rebound with under seven seconds to go. Richards just beat him to the puck.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Joel Ward from hero to goat. Still, Holtby needs to secure that rebound with under seven seconds to go. Richards just beat him to the puck.
I don't blame Holtby at all. He made the first two saves including one that was deflected. I think Carlson has to take some blame, it was 6 on 4 with the Rangers being on the PP and having the goalie pulled and he jumped into the net behind Holtby making it in essence a 6-3. At that point someone should have tackled Richards. Even if they took another penalty, it would have came down to a face off with about 4 seconds left.

I'll admit that I was in absolute shock at the thought of going back to Washington down 3-2 in a game where the Rangers seemed to dominate.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:39 AM

Just in general, I think Holtby gives up way too many rebounds. I realize that he's played reasonably well, but he's beatable on any given night. Not a lot of teams win Cups with goalies who have regular holes in their game.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Just in general, I think Holtby gives up way too many rebounds. I realize that he's played reasonably well, but he's beatable on any given night. Not a lot of teams win Cups with goalies who have regular holes in their game.
I think he has been excellent all series, but the Rangers haven't had the great scoring opportunites that the Caps have had. But he has made almost all the saves. I'm sure he would like to have that first one back from last night. I really haven't seen the rebounds that you are talking about. Keep in mind that since the Caps block so many shot, that many times when they do get through they have been deflected (like the winner last night).

If the Caps end up losing this series, it will come down to them just not finishing on some great opportunities that they have had (Ovechkin & Brower in the triple ot game and Backstrom last night).
Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
I haven't yet nailed down why but it seems like the NHL is against the idea of the Rangers moving on. Caps have had late PP's in any game that is tied or they are trailing. The fact that this didn't get a second look is just another point.
in the marathon triple ot game the other night, the rangers were the ones with two pp's in two ot periods. caps had none.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Dee Tee Stables

missed watching the game last night, which is probably a good thing. had a lions club fundraiser-what poor timing!
anyway, hopefully we can even the series in d.c. tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:18 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I don't blame Holtby at all. He made the first two saves including one that was deflected. I think Carlson has to take some blame, it was 6 on 4 with the Rangers being on the PP and having the goalie pulled and he jumped into the net behind Holtby making it in essence a 6-3. At that point someone should have tackled Richards. Even if they took another penalty, it would have came down to a face off with about 4 seconds left.

I'll admit that I was in absolute shock at the thought of going back to Washington down 3-2 in a game where the Rangers seemed to dominate.
This was the first game they have played well for the entire time since game 1 of the Ottawa series.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:21 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
in the marathon triple ot game the other night, the rangers were the ones with two pp's in two ot periods. caps had none.
No but they did get one with 3 mins left in regulation...again.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
No but they did get one with 3 mins left in regulation...again.
my point was that there's no bias, which is why i posted that.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Hialeah Park

I havent seen the Flyers outskated/outplayed like this in a long time. It's like NJ has 7 players on the ice to our 5. The defense has been atrocious and if it werent for Bryz, we'd be getting beat by 5 goals a game.

With that said, i like them to rally around the loss of G tonight for a hard fought win. Look for Hartsy and Co. to come out finishing checks and scrappin along the boards, something we've strayed from in this series. With a win tonight, we can gain some momentum back in our favor, get the shot in the arm with G playing like a man on fire in game 6, with Game 7 up for grabs to the hungriest team. Wishful thinking, but this team has been in this position before and isnt out of it until the horn sounds. NOW, IF WE CAN ONLY TAKE OUR COLLECTIVE HEADS FROM OUR ASSES.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:33 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
my point was that there's no bias, which is why i posted that.
That would be true if the Rangers PP were worth a damn, until waaay late in the game last night it was just two minutes off the clock where the other team is less likely to get a good scoring chance.
3 games in the series the Caps have tied or taken a lead on a 3rd period PP. I stand by my bias claim, though I am biased.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:33 PM

I'm going to go ahead and say that they've not really strayed from the scrapping along the boards bit when Giroux isn't playing tonight because of a scrap in the vicinity of the boards.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I'm going to go ahead and say that they've not really strayed from the scrapping along the boards bit when Giroux isn't playing tonight because of a scrap in the vicinity of the boards.
One has nothing to do with the other. The Devils own the boards this series and G's act was purely out of frustration with the refs. The boards have NOTHING to do with G's suspension.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
I havent seen the Flyers outskated/outplayed like this in a long time. It's like NJ has 7 players on the ice to our 5. The defense has been atrocious and if it werent for Bryz, we'd be getting beat by 5 goals a game.

With that said, i like them to rally around the loss of G tonight for a hard fought win. Look for Hartsy and Co. to come out finishing checks and scrappin along the boards, something we've strayed from in this series. With a win tonight, we can gain some momentum back in our favor, get the shot in the arm with G playing like a man on fire in game 6, with Game 7 up for grabs to the hungriest team. Wishful thinking, but this team has been in this position before and isnt out of it until the horn sounds. NOW, IF WE CAN ONLY TAKE OUR COLLECTIVE HEADS FROM OUR ASSES.
I haven't watched every minute of the series, but from what i've seen Hartnell and Simmonds just seem to be invisible. It really has hurt the Flyers, because I think Hartnell is the leader, heart and soul of that team. He was in the middle of everything against the Pens and he just isn't strirring the Flyers drink like he usually does.

Also Jagr might show up on some milk cartons around Philly as well, he's been a absolute non-factor.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:53 PM

Lots of speculation that Jagr is hurt. Or really old. Or both. He needs to regrow the mullet.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I haven't watched every minute of the series, but from what i've seen Hartnell and Simmonds just seem to be invisible. It really has hurt the Flyers, because I think Hartnell is the leader, heart and soul of that team. He was in the middle of everything against the Pens and he just isn't strirring the Flyers drink like he usually does.

Also Jagr might show up on some milk cartons around Philly as well, he's been a absolute non-factor.
Wait..........Jagr still plays for us??! I thought he stayed in Pittsburgh. Seriously though, he looks to be playing with quick-crete in his skates.

Hartsy's ugly a$$ better start ruffling some feathers or Lavy wont give him another career year by putting him on the top line lol
Old 05-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Lots of speculation that Jagr is hurt. Or really old. Or both. He needs to regrow the mullet.
Def needs the mullet back so we can start whistling at him every time he touches the puck. I miss those days.

His disappearance coincides with me getting his autograph a few weeks ago. Im certain of it.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Hialeah Park

My biggest fear with Jagr has turned into reality, the fact that he would wear down when we needed him most.