Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Oriental Park

Default Points Picks and ROI Wagers Contests Rules & Gen'l Info

Hello all long time Derbytrail members and newbies too. I am setting up a thread called POINT PICKS AND ROI WAGERING or a shorter abbreviation as needed. There is group of us 10-15 handicappers and knowledgeable horse racing fans that are joining up here, some already here and more to come, that have been playing this contest for years (myself for at least 10 years).

I will post the rules and how the contest(s) work and we plan on having our first Point Picks and ROI Contest here on October 25th. One week before the Breeders Cup. We will hold our year ending Breeders Cup Championship the following Fri and Sat to determine the Gallivan Cup Winner and announce the Champions of the regular season for both the Points and ROI Contests.

You are all welcome to join in any time. I encourage you to try it out and test your best handicapping against some of our best . . . Ya'see we need a new home, since the forum we have been on for some time is going off line soon. Arletta was kind enough to suggest this forum and for us to look over and try it out. Many of us have and we like it!!!

So more posts to come on the Points Picks and ROI Contest like formalities of the rules, some of which want to modify some going into our next handicapping year 2nd week after Breeders Cup to the next Breeders Cup, our fiscal year.

BTW - this is played with cyber money for the ROI Contest, you can read more in the Rules. The Points Picks Contest seems easy but just wait until you try it to judge it. Most of us have been playing these fun contests for some time and look forward to it every week. For example it has improved my handicapping skills 250% and I still suck off and on so you can imagine what I was like before all these 10 or so years.

Please consider joining in or at least try it and see if you like it. I am and we are all happy to be here or will be here and we look forward to a long time, and "it has the makings of a beautiful relationship".

Thank you and special thanks to Arletta!!!
DonGuido (DG)

Last edited by DonGuido : 12-22-2014 at 07:15 AM.