Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
no problem. i also remember a story about a 2yo that had to be put down, but i also don't remember the name.
This Just In is probably the filly you are thinking about. Probably confusing the on and in.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Dee Tee Stables

broke down in a work? probably her, sorry again folks...that's why i tried to hurry and edit that first post i put up, horse names sometimes are so similar...
Old 09-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Dee Tee Stables

yeah, that's her...
Old 09-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
broke down in a work? probably her, sorry again folks...that's why i tried to hurry and edit that first post i put up, horse names sometimes are so similar...
Maybe different horse. This filly broke down at Saratoga. I think you are right. There was a nice one that broke down in a work. I don't know the name though.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
then who is it in the eighth at Del Mar today?
That will be a vet scratch for sure.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Maybe different horse. This filly broke down at Saratoga. I think you are right. There was a nice one that broke down in a work. I don't know the name though.
yeah, saratoga...that's why i went right back after i put that i thought she was euthanized, since they said del mar...figured it had to be two different horses after that.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Dee Tee Stables

so, back to the original point of the thread...

anyone give circular quay extra points for the bcj since he already has a race at churchill?
Old 09-04-2006, 05:35 PM
pgardn

OK CQ took advantage of a contentious pace. Heck yes when a horse comes from that far off the pace it is impressive, but he took advantage of horses that were cooked. Scat Daddy ran a much tougher race.

My take. With a small field it is pretty straightforward. Scat Daddy is also still very goofy. He does not run efficiently. Especially his race prior to this one with that impressive comeback. Scat Daddy reminds me of a big teenager with lots to learn.

Thanks to pg5 for the replay. Cali does not have it.

Last edited by pgardn : 09-04-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY_Sasquash
i beg to differ. scat daddy broke fine, while CQ completely missed the break and spotted the field 15 lengths. scat daddy did give a great effort by keeping up on the front end of the fractions, he was beaten easily by CQ. he'll be better in the champagne b/c its one turn as it seems he's more of a sprinting type and two turns will be a disadvantage to him, unless on turf-where he might be best. wasnt he all out to be Tuflesburg at 6f?
A) Scat Daddy will probably never see the turf in his racing career

B) He will enjoy two-turns based on his running style and looks and family, but not sure HOW far he'll go...may not like the true Classic distances...

c) You must not have seen the race if you think he broke wel....go watch it again from the head-on view...he almost goes to his knees and loses a ton of ground for a horse that like to be relatively close early...he had to be rushed up.....the difference between he and CQ is that CQ is a devoid speed type and will always fall out of it when they go 22 and 44 in front of him....

D) You clearly aren't aware of greeness in 2-year-olds - or like the Hopefulk you must have missed the Sanford and not seen the race against Tueflesburg - because Scat Daddy had no business even getting up that day with the trip he got but did o his raw talent alone....not like they ran slow either....
Old 09-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hot4TV
That will be a vet scratch for sure.
Gee, ya think so?
Old 09-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
It was one of the Sheik's nice colts for McLaughlin that was considering the Hopeful before breaking down...can't remember the name though....some Arab name...I think it was an Elusive Quality....
Old 09-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
A) Scat Daddy will probably never see the turf in his racing career

B) He will enjoy two-turns based on his running style and looks and family, but not sure HOW far he'll go...may not like the true Classic distances...

c) You must not have seen the race if you think he broke wel....go watch it again from the head-on view...he almost goes to his knees and loses a ton of ground for a horse that like to be relatively close early...he had to be rushed up.....the difference between he and CQ is that CQ is a devoid speed type and will always fall out of it when they go 22 and 44 in front of him....

D) You clearly aren't aware of greeness in 2-year-olds - or like the Hopefulk you must have missed the Sanford and not seen the race against Tueflesburg - because Scat Daddy had no business even getting up that day with the trip he got but did o his raw talent alone....not like they ran slow either....
a) he'll never see the turf b/c you say so? didnt know you were part of the pletcher camp, too
b) he'll like two turns but you're not sure how far he'll go;that doesnt make sense since most 2 turn races are distance races. wouldnt the one turn 8.5F champagne be right up his alley like it was for henny hughes and 1st samurai
c)i saw the race, he didnt break horribly like you make it out to be; if they cant get him to successfully rate it wont matter if he breaks well or not. funny, i think the difference btwn scat daddy and CQ is that CQ is undefeated and beat scat daddy by 5 lengths
d) thank you for telling me what i do and dont know b/c tuflesburg was crawling home and worn out after 5F. I did see johnny v saying "screw it scat daddy, get on my shoulders b/c i'm going to carry you across the wire"
Old 09-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
It was one of the Sheik's nice colts for McLaughlin that was considering the Hopeful before breaking down...can't remember the name though....some Arab name...I think it was an Elusive Quality....
El Rajjas was his name
Old 09-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
El Rajjas was his name
Actually it was Rajjaas .
Old 09-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Dee Tee Stables

yeah, i knew about the colt. but this just in was the filly they put down the other day.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudery
Actually it was Rajjaas .
Yep... ...El is a spanish article,...nothing to do with the Arab language...LMAO
Old 09-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
a) he'll never see the turf b/c you say so? didnt know you were part of the pletcher camp, too
b) he'll like two turns but you're not sure how far he'll go;that doesnt make sense since most 2 turn races are distance races. wouldnt the one turn 8.5F champagne be right up his alley like it was for henny hughes and 1st samurai
c)i saw the race, he didnt break horribly like you make it out to be; if they cant get him to successfully rate it wont matter if he breaks well or not. funny, i think the difference btwn scat daddy and CQ is that CQ is undefeated and beat scat daddy by 5 lengths
d) thank you for telling me what i do and dont know b/c tuflesburg was crawling home and worn out after 5F. I did see johnny v saying "screw it scat daddy, get on my shoulders b/c i'm going to carry you across the wire"
Scat Daddy will be effective with the PACE SCENARIO of two turn racing...do you not know that there is a difference? Additionally, I believe that he'll be at his best at around 1 1/16 miles to 1 1/8 miles - which ARE NOT CLASSIC DISTANCES the last time I and anyone else with a brain have checked....Here's an example for the morons: 1 1/4 miles in Derby, 1 3/16 miles in Preakness and 1 1/2 miles in Belmont. Got it?

And no, he won't see the grass...mark it down....don't have to be a part of that camp to know that...just need to have an understanding for racing