Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Coach Pants

Comedy gold.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:24 AM
oracle80

Jerry although Pure Incentive seemed like a logical winner, I have lectured you about 1000 times never to send it in on a pure closer in a paceless race. Turf especially is all about the pace. There wasn't any in that race and once the 1/4 was over with, so was Pure Incentive.
You need to get a grip. And mommy and daddy won't always be there to bail you out. You ain't the Rockefellers. For a guy to bet a grand(more than you make in a week's pay) on a ****ing pik-6 is pure insanity. To get mad when you lose on is even more insane. Its like the hardest bet in the world to hit.
Grow the **** up will you? I'm losing patience with your repeating the same mistakes for years and years. Its like you have no desire to learn and straighten up.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:29 AM
The Curragh

Its your fault by not responding to me in time, by the way ill probably make 1480 every two weeks before taxes, so i make around 1100-1200 a check, and yes same bs applies with my parents. I gotta pay for cable, cell phone, and an additional 200 for "rent". PLUS i gotta send some money to my cousins baby daughter who happens to be my goddaughter who lives in the PHilippines.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:45 AM
top predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
Its your fault by not responding to me in time, by the way ill probably make 1480 every two weeks before taxes, so i make around 1100-1200 a check, and yes same bs applies with my parents. I gotta pay for cable, cell phone, and an additional 200 for "rent". PLUS i gotta send some money to my cousins baby daughter who happens to be my goddaughter who lives in the PHilippines.
so in other words Oracle is right when he says you are betting more than you make in one week (not one paycheck). That's bright...keep that up, should get you far in life.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:49 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
so in other words Oracle is right when he says you are betting more than you make in one week (not one paycheck). That's bright...keep that up, should get you far in life.
I'm an equal opportunity basher, Pais, friend or not. Jerry, paying "rent" at age 25 is something that everyone her has done or does, its just a given and taken for granted. 200 bucks a month? You gotta be kidding me. So basically you pay 200 bucks a month for a heated room with an all you can eat buffet upstairs. Cry me a ****ing river will you?
Its time to grow up Jerry. Long past time at that.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:53 AM
top predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
I'm an equal opportunity basher, Pais, friend or not. Jerry, paying "rent" at age 25 is something that everyone her has done or does, its just a given and taken for granted. 200 bucks a month? You gotta be kidding me. So basically you pay 200 bucks a month for a heated room with an all you can eat buffet upstairs. Cry me a ****ing river will you?
Its time to grow up Jerry. Long past time at that.
Or what he should try to do is take that same paycheck--plus or minus, and multiply his rent by five and add in a few other bills like utilities (that I guess he doesn't pay) then add a horse, car , student loan, credit card, dog--like I do every month. And see if he can survive?
Old 09-05-2006, 11:14 AM
The Curragh

]horse--i was gonna buy a share of one but that fell through
car--theres a mercedes and bmw in the driveway but I dont drive, although i was trying to impress a girl and let her drive the BMW luckily the damage was minimal, there was a range rover but god rid of that
student loan--parents paid for tuition
dog--lil bro just paid for vet bill
Old 09-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Randwyck

i dont post very often but this is ridiculous. this kid craves attention. im not convinced any of this is even really occurring. this is a daily thing.......same big bets on 1/5 shots.....same losses....same ill never do this again....same cry and whine......this is just silly. i dont think anybody should be taking this as any more then some comedic relief. end of story imo.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Sheepshead Bay

This is getting better than the big spender soap opera guy we had on the espn board. Seatle types better tho.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:53 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz
i dont post very often but this is ridiculous. this kid craves attention. im not convinced any of this is even really occurring. this is a daily thing.......same big bets on 1/5 shots.....same losses....same ill never do this again....same cry and whine......this is just silly. i dont think anybody should be taking this as any more then some comedic relief. end of story imo.

I wish this was comic relief, but welcome to my life
Old 09-05-2006, 11:54 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz
Tanner,
I have been talking to Seattle for a long time. Hes quite serious, thats why its not funny but sad.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Tanner,
I have been talking to Seattle for a long time. Hes quite serious, thats why its not funny but sad.
I'll repeat my advice to this immature adult.

Go spend a couple hours in the waiting room of a pediatric cancer facility.

You do not have any problems you cannot solve.

If you have the balls to wager a week's pay on a horse race, then you should have the nerve to do this.

You will walk out a changed man (or boy).
Old 09-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Del Mar

Seattle, my advice to you is keep betting, its the only way your going to get out of your mess. Try the Pirates Bounty at Delmar tomorrow. Intriguing betting race.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:17 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
Seattle, my advice to you is keep betting, its the only way your going to get out of your mess. Try the Pirates Bounty at Delmar tomorrow. Intriguing betting race.
what do you call it NYRA University? smiley face is in order
Old 09-05-2006, 02:22 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
fortunately for me Curt, ill always somewhere to live and ill have no problem with money as long as I continue to work.
i'll holla at you via private messenger. just trying to be a friend if you will because i see the signs in what you say and don't want you to have to go thru what i did.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost
i'll holla at you via private messenger. just trying to be a friend if you will because i see the signs in what you say and don't want you to have to go thru what i did.
Curt,
You just said a whole lot.
For those that want to make money in horse racing:
1) Don't become an "over your head" bettor.
2) Don't become an owner, unless you can afford top stock and all the rest.
3) Don't become a breeder...see above.
4) Don't become a trainer unless you have the owners that can afford you, even then, sometimes they can't...so get ready to eat it when despite your best efforts, the horse isn't there.

Here's how to succeed:
5) Sell hay and feed to the barns. Win or lose, those critters have to eat.
6) Equine medications...though most vets have their own supplies. Find one or two from French labs that tests haven't been devised for yet.
7) Invest in carrots that you can mark up to "visitors" on the back stretch.
8) Trucking these critters is also a good option, just pass on a surcharge for the extra cost of gas/deisel.
9) Find a use for all the manure. Mushroom farming (mycology) is a growth market.
10) Raise rabbits. They grow faster on hay and have better market value, especially to the French restaurants where you can sell the mushrooms.