Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I actually like Cooley. Not a big Randle El guy, just look at him as a gimmick/wildcat option. Moss is a guy that just seems to get disheartened and just ends up disapearing. Maybe that's a product of Jason Campbell being your QB or maybe the guy is just a dog. I guess we'll see how he does with Mcnabb throwing his way, but either way it's a major step down talent wise from what he's coming from in Philly. It's actually funny, they finally have the weapons for him to throw to and they get rid of him.
Randle El is gone.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:44 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
What cap?
The one that expires at the end of the season, correct me if im wrong. Honestly.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-05-2010, 12:22 AM
The Curragh

John Clayton saying Redskins are now co-favorites in the East. What a joke that little fcking nerd is.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:11 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3 View Post
Not until McNabb is injured because the O line gives up more sacks than the Skin's make first downs next year
with them also having signed grossman, i can't help but think campbells days are numbered. getting mcnabb gives them four qb's.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:13 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
I don't think Santana Moss and Randle-El are bad and Cooley is one of the best TE in the league.

NT
randal el was released by the skins, he's back with the steelers.

and isn't this year a capless year?
Old 04-05-2010, 05:00 AM
Oriental Park

I don't think the Eagles trading McNabb inside their division to the Redskins was a slap in the face. They wanted a Top 40 pick and the only other team that was really showing interest was the Raiders. He's in the last year of his contract and the Eagles wanted to move on and see what Kolb can do. Considering there was not much interest in the aging QB getting a high 2nd round pick in a very deep draft was a good move.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
The one that expires at the end of the season, correct me if im wrong. Honestly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salary_...cap_in_the_NFL

CBA expires at the end of the season, the last year of the CBA is an uncapped year. It's the reason the Jets are having to deal with these pain in the ass final four/final eight restrictions.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Jerome Park

A couple things..

McNabb has been extremely classy the past 11 years with all his ups and downs. That cant be argued, he's one of the classiest guys in sports. I'm happy for HIM that he can go to the Skins and not the Raiders.

I'm not sure how I feel about trading him to a division rival though. It would be one thing if Shanahan wasnt the coach.. but Shanahan might be real good for McNabb.

The thing that McNabb really needs is a solid and consistant running game. Most QB's need that. That was the thing with McNabb & Philly.. Reid never runs the darn ball. It wasnt McNabbs fault but it was a big reason we never won the big game. Its also not McNabbs fault that he's not a terribly accurate passer. With him you know what you are getting. He'll go 25-30 for 300 yards and 3 tds a couple times.. and he'll throw for 67 yards and lose to teams like Oakland. You just know you are getting a decent, 2nd tier QB (he's not in the top 10 in the league anymore).

The thing that made McNabb special is his ability to run. I have thought ever since he decided to become a real pocket passer, and not run unless he has to, it has diminished what he can accomplish on the field. I'm sure breaking your legs and busting your knee had something to do with that. McNabb of 2001-2004 was a lot different and more dynamic than the McNabb of lately (eventhough he's thrown for more yards the past two years).

I know I'm a McNabb "hater". Though I am much more of a "Why the fucl< cant Reid run the ball more and give McNabb support and sometimes McNabb cant hit the broad side of a barn" hater. It was really time to move on and we got some decent picks for him.. The problem is is that I have no faith in Reid to really capitalize on those picks. Besides Stewart Bradley and Cole, he has really picked some poor defensive players with high picks the past few years. I just hope this trade is not wasted on our end.

I love Kolb, I know he is an unknown, but he is so much more accurate, and the teammates seem to really love him. Ready for the Kolb era, but thanks to McNabb for the memories.. He's been my qb since I was 16 years old, didnt even have my drivers lisence, now I'm 27.. gone through college and on my second job.. Its a big chunk of my life that I rooted for McNabb and the Eagles.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Gulfstream Park

Was time to see what this Kolb guy can do

If he doesn't pan out, it'll be yet another strike against Reid's player evaluation skills.

By the way, the prediction I made several years ago still stands … the Birds will not win an NFL championship in the Andy Reid era…
Old 04-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I get the move for the Eagles. It's a cold league, and the fact of that matter is that they had to move Donovan now in order to get anything of worth for him. I think Donovan deserved a little better from the Eagles, especially since he's the best quarterback the franchise has ever seen and one of the top five players to ever strap on some cleats in an Eagles uniform.

All of that being said, WTF are the Redskins doing? All signs point to them trying to pick up Sam Bradford in the draft, they already have like 74 QB's on their roster, the combined age of their potential starting RB's is like 174, their offensive line absolutely is one of the worst five in the league, and their receiving corps continues to be a bunch of below par midgets. While Donovan is an upgrade - and a huge one at that, even at 33 - over Jason Campbell, there's no question that QB had to be about 10th on the list of things the Redskins really needed to do to improve this offseason. I'd rather have drafted a big offensive lineman with that second round pick than traded for a QB you'll have on your roster for approximately one season.

Then again, this is Daniel Snyder, and talent evaluation and roster management have never been his strong points during his tenure as Redskins owner.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:00 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
I get the move for the Eagles. It's a cold league, and the fact of that matter is that they had to move Donovan now in order to get anything of worth for him. I think Donovan deserved a little better from the Eagles, especially since he's the best quarterback the franchise has ever seen and one of the top five players to ever strap on some cleats in an Eagles uniform.

All of that being said, WTF are the Redskins doing? All signs point to them trying to pick up Sam Bradford in the draft, they already have like 74 QB's on their roster, the combined age of their potential starting RB's is like 174, their offensive line absolutely is one of the worst five in the league, and their receiving corps continues to be a bunch of below par midgets. While Donovan is an upgrade - and a huge one at that, even at 33 - over Jason Campbell, there's no question that QB had to be about 10th on the list of things the Redskins really needed to do to improve this offseason. I'd rather have drafted a big offensive lineman with that second round pick than traded for a QB you'll have on your roster for approximately one season.

Then again, this is Daniel Snyder, and talent evaluation and roster management have never been his strong points during his tenure as Redskins owner.

- rumor was him and claussen were out at redskins park this past weekend. Personally i don't think he would have slipped to #5, but thats irrelevant now.
they addressed an obvious need, and took a qb from an division rival, how is this bad? i don't think it is, the skins were more than likely gonna waste a pick on a qb in this years draft, whether it was high or not, now they can focus on linemen needs. though mcnabb is not coming to the home of the screen pass, like he's been accustomed to the last 11 years, i think him and shanny will work well. Got some young talent at wr, moss, thomas, mitchell, and kelly, brought in a whole new backfield with parker and lj, and lets not forget he made LJ Smith and Brett Celek in to all-pro TE's, imagine what he can do for cooley and davis.

interesting article: said he'd retire before being traded to oakland, smart man

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...abbtrade040410

-bt-
Old 04-05-2010, 01:08 PM

Dude, have you seen what Larry Johnson and Willie Parker had to offer the last two years, let alone Clinton Portis? Granted, it may be an upgrade from Rock Cartwright and Ladell Betts, but signing two aging running backs several seasons removed from their best years isn't going to take the heat off McNabb.

I'm a McNabb fan, and will continue to be, but I don't see how the Redskins are anything but awful again this year.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:02 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Dude, have you seen what Larry Johnson and Willie Parker had to offer the last two years, let alone Clinton Portis? Granted, it may be an upgrade from Rock Cartwright and Ladell Betts, but signing two aging running backs several seasons removed from their best years isn't going to take the heat off McNabb.

I'm a McNabb fan, and will continue to be, but I don't see how the Redskins are anything but awful again this year.
8-8 is my prediction, i don't think they're gonna move mountains.

as far as the old rb's go, what road should they have taken? LT? they were not gonna draft one at 5, and doubtful anything cool would there for their 2nd round pick. I don't even like shanny, but if anyone can get the best out of RB's he can, he uses the 3-4 person backfield with the best of them.

-bt-
Old 04-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
I don't think Santana Moss and Randle-El are bad and Cooley is one of the best TE in the league.

NT
Randle-El was cut, and I wanna say he may be back in Pittsburgh, but don't quote me on that.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Del Mar

Im going to go out on a limb here. I say they make the playoffs. They have a defense that could be dominant if they don't have to be on the field too long. They have a coach that is one of the best offensive minds in the sport. They are in a division where two of the teams are rebuilding.

Why can't they get a wildcard? I bet Vegas will put them out at 6 wins max and I would take the over on that.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Del Mar

Default As a Redskins fan.......

I'm thrilled to have a proven Pro Bowl QB like McNabb in Burgundy and Gold. I was a Campbell guy, I think the guy still has potential to be a player in this league, that guy has taken a beating here, and hasn't had much to work with as far as a supporting cast. I would guess he wouldn't be wanting to stay around and be the back up, although he could learn a ton from McNabb. It may come back to bite the Eagles in the ass twice a year, but I believe Andy Reid did the right thing for Donovan, as well as took the option that Mcnabb felt comfortable with, if he had to be the one that was shipped out. Let's face it, who da hell would want to banished to the freakin Raiders at this point! Not that they couldn't use a QB, because they need to send Ja-aWful Russell packing, because he is an embarrassment to the league. I can see both sides of this, it was the best place to send McNabb, but it is crazy to send him to a division rival. What also thrills me, is that we didn't have to surrender the 4th pick overall to get this deal done! Now we get a left tackle with that pick, and we get back to contention level sooner than later. I'm not ready to say we will win the division. The Cowboys are still the class of the East, but things just got a whole helluva lot more competitive.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Im going to go out on a limb here. I say they make the playoffs. They have a defense that could be dominant if they don't have to be on the field too long. They have a coach that is one of the best offensive minds in the sport. They are in a division where two of the teams are rebuilding.

Why can't they get a wildcard? I bet Vegas will put them out at 6 wins max and I would take the over on that.

Really? I'd have guessed higher.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-07-2010, 09:04 AM

Front page of the Washington Post sports section today discusses the Redskins dangling Albert Haynesworth as trade bait. People who think this team could be a playoff contender are coo coo crackers.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:37 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Front page of the Washington Post sports section today discusses the Redskins dangling Albert Haynesworth as trade bait. People who think this team could be a playoff contender are coo coo crackers.
been out there for a while, he made it pretty obvious last season publicly that he can't play in the 3-4 system. couple 2nds or a 1st and 3rd would be good in my eyes, interested to see if tampa tries and get since we allegedly took him from them

-bt-
Old 04-07-2010, 10:13 AM

I thought I read that the up front compensation for Haynesworth is pretty affordable.