Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Golden Gate

I doubt that he meant to offend anybody - but the bottom line is he did. It probably was taken the wrong way and he probably did not mean it the way people took it. But you really have to question somebody's mental stability, intelligence, and IQ to say something like that. He has dealt with the media for 20+ years. Did he not think that something like that would not raise all kinds of trouble? Bottom line is that he is truly stupid for saying something like that in public, and I don't see how anybody could argue that. What an idiot
Old 11-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
I remember some years back when a player from the Miami Hurricanes, I believe it was Jerome Brown, showed up in fatigues. He made a comment like "you wanna go to war, I'll take you to war." I guess since we weren't at war at the time, nobody was upset by it.
Ah yes, I remember it well...I was there!!, It was actually their whole team. The great fatigues game. But actually the Penn State Defense must have been upset by it...they intercepted the great "hurricane" Heisman Vinny 5 times and won the national championship sticking a fork into the great Miami mystique! That was the only one of 5 undefeated Paterno teams thought proper enough by pollsters to actually be given a national title.

AS far as Saban goes, he needs to be more proper in his tragedy comparisons. He coaches the Crimson "Tide", so a more apt tragedy comparison for his loss to La Monroe would be the Indian Ocean earthquake/tsunami in the Indian Ocean in December of 2004 which was kind of a "tidal" type scenario in Indonesia etc. He just needs to be a little quicker on the draw is all.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Flemington

Maybe Nick Saban can refer to the Titanic during his next press conference.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
Maybe Nick Saban can refer to the Titanic during his next press conference.
for cryin out loud ! LET IT GO ! the announcers last night said it was blown WAY out of proportion.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Flemington

That was a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like as in losing 4 in a row and the ship is sinking!
Old 11-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
That was a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like as in losing 4 in a row and the ship is sinking!

and not enough life rafts to go around. of course every good capt goes down with his ship. i don't think ol nicky is a good capt.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Arlington Park

we heard rumors of this throughout the year but Alabama Football is worse off than we thought. CNS has his hands full.

this is from the Mobile Press Register,

--SLOW FINISH: Alabama receiver DJ Hall, who served a half-game suspension during the loss to ULM, actually pinned a season-ending, four-game losing streak on players not listening to Saban.
"Everything he preaches is the right thing. It's just sometimes we didn't go about it that way, and it showed," Hall said. "That's nobody's fault but ours. All we had to do was buy into what Coach was saying. We realize it now, but obviously, it's too late."

Last edited by ddthetide : 11-27-2007 at 05:42 AM.