Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
The Revolution gang knows better than the trainer. LOL!!!

I'm just dying to find out from them how NoBiz did in the Delta Jackpot. That imposter they ran in the Remsen yesterday, where their crew assured us he wasn't running, aint that bad either.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
If you're going to attempt to correct me at least do it coherently. I think it is pretty apparent that I was referring to his future when I said " never try him in a Grade 1 ". I am acutely aware that he ran in the Derby...in fact I could recite his entire pps in about 8 seconds off the top of my head. Perhaps you may remember that I was touting him in the Swale, from which he was scratched, on another board where I believe you posted.
I've never posted on any other board besides this one and the ESPN one... BUT, I was kidding around with you. (As I stated.)
Old 11-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I've never posted on any other board besides this one and the ESPN one... BUT, I was kidding around with you. (As I stated.)
I know you were kidding....but that still doesn't preclude you from being right. Believe me, I give enough material to mock me, you will just have to be more clever.

For some reason I thought you used to post on the old TT Forum. I gushed about Showing Up there after seeing his maiden win a few times. It's worth watching again.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Monmouth Park

should get consideration for 3YO honors.

Im the biggest fan of both Barbaro and DCat, but Showing Up simply had a more complete 3YO season no matter the reasons.

Bern should and will win the award though.
that was the most complete and impressive 3YO season put together.

Repent
Old 11-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Jerome Park

I don't disagree and won't be surprised to see him finish third behind Bernardini and Barbaro.

He certainly would get my vote over Bluegrass Cat or Jazil.

Then again, the eclipse awards are a total joke.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:32 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
I don't disagree and won't be surprised to see him finish third behind Bernardini and Barbaro.

He certainly would get my vote over Bluegrass Cat or Jazil.

Then again, the eclipse awards are a total joke.

yes that is true, but they are important within the industry from what I can tell.

anyway, yeah Jazil should not even be a finalist for Maktoum 3YO of the year.

Repent
Old 11-27-2006, 02:09 AM
Stuck in 1994

For anyone who missed it...

What a nice turn of foot he has.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBa202IdwWY
Old 11-27-2006, 03:21 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff
This may be a stupid question, but just who is your boss?
great, encouragement!
Old 11-27-2006, 06:06 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
great, encouragement!
Glad I could help, we all need a laugh time and time again

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 11-27-2006, 06:38 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by repent
should get consideration for 3YO honors.

Im the biggest fan of both Barbaro and DCat, but Showing Up simply had a more complete 3YO season no matter the reasons.

Bern should and will win the award though.
that was the most complete and impressive 3YO season put together.

Repent
I was thinking Showing Up should as well, but he definitely seems to be getting ignored in the mentions. I'd love to see them go after the big awards on Turf and Dirt next year, but from the interview it seemed that they feel he really isn't up to par on dirt...maybe they will change their minds once the first few Graded Stakes on dirt are run. Invasor will miss a fair amount of time running in Dubai and there really aren't that many fabulous horses left for the older male division.

Oh yeah, and stop being mean to Jazil.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:02 AM
Santa Anita

decent run by the winner, but nothing to get carried away with... he'll be a force next year in the US, but think English Channel will be a better horse than him next year (if he's not retired!)

#Grand
Old 11-27-2006, 07:44 AM
Morris Park

Quote:
I know you were kidding....but that still doesn't preclude you from being right. Believe me, I give enough material to mock me, you will just have to be more clever.

For some reason I thought you used to post on the old TT Forum. I gushed about Showing Up there after seeing his maiden win a few times. It's worth watching again.
Andy, you seem to like to attack the college kids so maybe you can help me understand your post.

You loved Showing Up's maiden win and gushed about it on the TT Forum. Well he won his maiden at Gulfstream this year because he was lame as a two year old and Barclay couldn't get him to the track. Was their a TT Forum in February of this year when he broke his maiden?

Also, I am not sure how you would know he was going to be a great turf horse based on his maiden race on the dirt. Are you so good you just knew this or are you just a pedigree expert that knew Strategic Mission was a great turf sire? LOL.

For the record, and I believe I had to correct some false information about Showing Up that was discussed on a radioshow you often appear on, Barclay only switched him to the turf to avoid Barbaro. While Barclay owns another Strategic Mission, Stratonic, who runs on the grass, except when Tim Walters trains him on the woodchips at Fairhill, Showing Up likely would have stayed on the dirt because that is where the money is. He probably would have been a West Virginia Derby type horse and racked up money in good spots, where Barclay is an expert at finding them. Barbaro, and Showing Up's problems as a 2yr old and even his minor injuries at 3 (turf is a little easier on horses-which most already know) were basically what made the turf the way to go. $1,000,000 didn't hurt either.

For those that would like to watch his maiden win, which impressed the connections, but it was actually his track record setting win over the highly regarded Chatain and Flanders Fields that made people believers, you can watch it here. While he beat High Finance in his maiden, High Finance at the time was not really regarded like a Chatain.

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2006/de...howing_up/#top

Last edited by georgewashington : 11-27-2006 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:13 AM
oracle80

George you are tiresome, and the head troll in charge of those college kids.

You've posted more disinformation about everything than anyone I can imagine.
You were the one who told us that Showing Up would run in the million dollar race that he passed.
You also told us condescendingly that Bernadini would win the BCC in record time and stand for 250 grand. Lots of folks believed that and went out and started stockpiling AP Indy sons to stand at studs in all states looking to capitalize on the bandwagon effect that Bern was supposed to have.
Now they get to suffer from diminished bandwagon effect and are holding sires they overpaid for that they can't sell shares in. I know of a few.
The real wiseguys not only didn't bet Bern, but also didn't go buying stallions or shares in stallions by Ap Indy at inflated prices pre Breeders Cup.
So if you wanna talk like a big man about trying to play mighty lawyer and getting down on some mistaken information, perhaps you should look at the misinformation that YOU SPOUTED about things and look in the mirror.

Knowing someone who knows someone who knows someone is not really a big deal.
Its kinda like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. You can tie anyone working in Hollywood to Kevin Bacon by using 6 degrees of association.
Just about anyone here in the business knows someone who knows someone who knows someone, etc.
I don't really get the point of your posts, or of grooming these college kids to act like miscreants.
Here we have a thread in which the excitement and praise for Showing Up is flowing smoothly.
The natural thing to do after a big win at the end of the racing year is to specualte on what the future will bring for him or her.
Its fun to do that these days because so many horses go off to stud and we don't get a chance to see them again. BTW speculating on what this horse may do at age 4 is not really a big deal.
I also bet SU in his debut because my clocker said he was working incredibly, he wasn't exactly a secret and his Derby was a monstous effort.
I don't care who you know, and I doubt anyone else here does either.
BTW and I aren't friends, but I've known him a long time and can promise you that either he or I could shred the knowledge of ANYONE you know in the business with ease.
Its apparent you post with an agenda, and its kinda lame. You act as a cheerleader for people that someone you know, knows. You wanna show up those who actually know whats going on in the business by tossing about "what you heard".
In summation, your act is lame.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:23 AM
oracle80

Well said. They are responsible for putting a ton of money into the business and helping employ many americans.

There is no reason to continue racing this horse. He will start at $250K and he will have no problem filling his book. This is the horse they will depend on for their derby horses for years to come.

Remember, they have Discreet Cat for their big race.

What big race would Bernardini being going after next year. He can't run in the derby, so what would be the point? Once you win the BC Classic there isn't much to target.

The pedigree on this horse is the best there has ever been. He will have a huge impact on the breed.

Do you recognize the words from your post George?
Is this not misinformation like the misinfo that you posted about setting straight?
You stated this as a fact, not as an opinion. Tsk tsk tsk.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Morris Park

Quote:
Well said. They are responsible for putting a ton of money into the business and helping employ many americans.

There is no reason to continue racing this horse. He will start at $250K and he will have no problem filling his book. This is the horse they will depend on for their derby horses for years to come.

Remember, they have Discreet Cat for their big race.

What big race would Bernardini being going after next year. He can't run in the derby, so what would be the point? Once you win the BC Classic there isn't much to target.

The pedigree on this horse is the best there has ever been. He will have a huge impact on the breed.

Do you recognize the words from your post George?
Is this not misinformation like the misinfo that you posted about setting straight?
You stated this as a fact, not as an opinion. Tsk tsk tsk.

It is a message board and I don't own him. He lost. Do people go pulling at your nearly 5000 posts (do you have a job, a wife/girlfriend, hobby?, LOL).
Old 11-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Morris Park

Quote:
George you are tiresome, and the head troll in charge of those college kids.

You've posted more disinformation about everything than anyone I can imagine.
You were the one who told us that Showing Up would run in the million dollar race that he passed.
You also told us condescendingly that Bernadini would win the BCC in record time and stand for 250 grand. Lots of folks believed that and went out and started stockpiling AP Indy sons to stand at studs in all states looking to capitalize on the bandwagon effect that Bern was supposed to have.
Now they get to suffer from diminished bandwagon effect and are holding sires they overpaid for that they can't sell shares in. I know of a few.
The real wiseguys not only didn't bet Bern, but also didn't go buying stallions or shares in stallions by Ap Indy at inflated prices pre Breeders Cup.
So if you wanna talk like a big man about trying to play mighty lawyer and getting down on some mistaken information, perhaps you should look at the misinformation that YOU SPOUTED about things and look in the mirror.

Knowing someone who knows someone who knows someone is not really a big deal.
Its kinda like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. You can tie anyone working in Hollywood to Kevin Bacon by using 6 degrees of association.
Just about anyone here in the business knows someone who knows someone who knows someone, etc.
I don't really get the point of your posts, or of grooming these college kids to act like miscreants.
Here we have a thread in which the excitement and praise for Showing Up is flowing smoothly.
The natural thing to do after a big win at the end of the racing year is to specualte on what the future will bring for him or her.
Its fun to do that these days because so many horses go off to stud and we don't get a chance to see them again. BTW speculating on what this horse may do at age 4 is not really a big deal.
I also bet SU in his debut because my clocker said he was working incredibly, he wasn't exactly a secret and his Derby was a monstous effort.
I don't care who you know, and I doubt anyone else here does either.
BTW and I aren't friends, but I've known him a long time and can promise you that either he or I could shred the knowledge of ANYONE you know in the business with ease.
Its apparent you post with an agenda, and its kinda lame. You act as a cheerleader for people that someone you know, knows. You wanna show up those who actually know whats going on in the business by tossing about "what you heard".
In summation, your act is lame.
The college kids are someone who knows someone who knows someone. I am the someone. You are not very bright are you? My family connections to the owners are direct. Ask your buddy Mark Reid, considering you claim to know who I am. Do you really even know Mark Reid? I will be sure to ask him. Have you even been to Walnut Green or do you just know him from talking on the phone? LOL.

Stick to gambling and buying horses off the track. Nobody, and I mean nobody was stockpiling AP Indy sons to capitalize on Bernardini. You can't really be that stupid. I guess AP Indy didn't have a reputation on his on. LOL.

Bernardini is actually going to have a very small book, very selective, and their own broodmares are going to be half of it.

Please let me know the AP Indy sons that were being stockpiled. If you know anything about the business of breeding horses, which you obviously don't, you would not go stockpiling sons of AP Indy because of a Bernardini. If anything, it would decrease the number of AP Indy sons. With AP Indy, Mineshaft, Bernardini, Malibu Moon, Aptitude, Pulpit, Golden Missile, we really don't need many more. Heck, we have AP Warrior going to Stonewall too. Maybe Suave.

Please give me the names of the AP Indy's being bought up. I would love to know them. LOL.

You really can't be this stupid.

Maybe you could tell your buddy Dutrow that Kip Deville is not a 10f horse, with or without the juice.

Weren't you the one saying how great Kip Deville was and how he would destroy Showing Up. Do I need to be a child and pull up the post like you? I would but unlike you I have a life and things to do.

WHERE WERE YOU AT BELMONT THAT DAY YOU FAILED TO SHOW UP TO MEET?

Anytime you are down in Hollywood or Boynton Beach, you let me know, you call me a troll to my face. Do you get out of Upstate NY or do you need to save your money for your next great purchase for somebody else. LOL.

Last edited by georgewashington : 11-27-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:40 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewashington
It is a message board and I don't own him. He lost. Do people go pulling at your nearly 5000 posts (do you have a job, a wife/girlfriend, hobby?, LOL).
So basically you are saying that you repeated information that you were told which turned out to be inaccurate.
Thats certainly no crime, as everyone else here knows.
The crime is in posting like a big bad guy, and telling everyone how you set Steve straight for doing the same thing.
Its old, its tiresome, and noone cares.
I think that about covers it pretty well.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:44 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewashington
The college kids are someone who knows someone who knows someone. I am the someone. You are not very bright are you? My family connections to the owners are direct. Ask your buddy Mark Reid, considering you claim to know who I am. Do you really even know Mark Reid? I will be sure to ask him. Have you even been to Walnut Green or do you just know him from talking on the phone? LOL.

Stick to gambling and buying horses off the track. Nobody, and I mean nobody was stockpiling AP Indy sons to capitalize on Bernardini. You can't really be that stupid. I guess AP Indy didn't have a reputation on his on. LOL.

Bernardini is actually going to have a very small book, very selective, and their own broodmares are going to be half of it.

Please let me know the AP Indy sons that were being stockpiled. If you know anything about the business of breeding horses, which you obviously don't, you would not go stockpiling sons of AP Indy because of a Bernardini. If anything, it would decrease the number of AP Indy sons. With AP Indy, Mineshaft, Bernardini, Malibu Moon, Aptitude, Pulpit, Golden Missile, we really don't need many more. Heck, we have AP Warrior going to Stonewall too. Maybe Suave.

Please give me the names of the AP Indy's being bought up. I would love to know them. LOL.

You really can't be this stupid.

Maybe you could tell your buddy Dutrow that Kip Deville is not a 10f horse, with or without the juice.

Weren't you the one saying how great Kip Deville was and how he would destroy Showing Up. Do I need to be a child and pull up the post like you? I would but unlike you I have a life and things to do.

WHERE WERE YOU AT BELMONT THAT DAY YOU FAILED TO SHOW UP TO MEET?

Anytime you are down in Hollywood or Boynton Beach, you let me know, you call me a troll to my face. Do it in front of your buddy Mark Reid. I bet he doesn't even know who you are.

Keep making slanderous statements about Dutrow and juice, please.
Mark is a friend, and a dear one. I owe him much, hes been a tremendous mentor and you will never accomplsih what he has. I've never had a reason to go to Walnut Green, nor do I care to. You are a clown.
As far as the Ap Indy's bought at inflated prices for stud duty, AP Warrior and Suave are two.
In Ny they are currently trying to sell shares in a stallion named Anasheed who is by Ap Indy.
You don't know anywhere near as much as you even think you do.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:44 AM
Morris Park

Quote:
So basically you are saying that you repeated information that you were told which turned out to be inaccurate.
Thats certainly no crime, as everyone else here knows.
The crime is in posting like a big bad guy, and telling everyone how you set Steve straight for doing the same thing.
Its old, its tiresome, and noone cares.
I think that about covers it pretty well.

No. I admit when I am wrong. It happens a lot in this business. Now you, who buys one horse every 5 years for somebody else, you might not know this. LOL.

Stick to arguing with college kids. It suits you.

Maybe you can start some rumors about another Jackson horse next year and I can come back and put you in your place again. LOL.

The college kids are no longer going to post here. I gave them a board that isn't full of old men like you that are living through other people's horses. LOL.

I just had to put you fools in your place before I left. You being the king fool.

You can now cry to your friend Steve and have him remove this thread.

Don't worry, we will meet next summer and I will put you in your place. Nice hatchet job on Michael Dickinson by the way. I guess jealousy of the real players in the game gets to you nobodies. LOL.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Morris Park

Quote:
Keep making slanderous statements about Dutrow and juice, please.
Mark is a friend, and a dear one. I owe him much, hes been a tremendous mentor and you will never accomplsih what he has. I've never had a reason to go to Walnut Green, nor do I care to. You are a clown.
As far as the Ap Indy's bought at inflated prices for stud duty, AP Warrior and Suave are two.
In Ny they are currently trying to sell shares in a stallion named Anasheed who is by Ap Indy.
You don't know anywhere near as much as you even think you do.
Fellow, you are a nobody. Nobody knows you. Stick to arguing with college kids and being a wannabe. When you can buy your own horse we will talk.

Start another rumor though and I will put you in your place again. Understand!