Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989 View Post
Never had so much fun losing money
Old 11-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
Awful. I was not gonna check. I wish now in wouldn't have.
Ditto
Old 11-27-2012, 07:14 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Holy sh*t...someone help me, please. I am breaking down my year, track by track.

On the bright side, I turned a profit at Fraser Downs this year.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Holy sh*t...someone help me, please. I am breaking down my year, track by track.

On the bright side, I turned a profit at Fraser Downs this year.
Whats your K Tohill numbers and are they better than Bernie Butler?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Held my own for the most part, but every Nerdy Trail field trip I went on (Tampa & Belmont Stakes Day) were absolute bloodbaths.
BT was at both........just saying. That being said I usually do well when BT is around, did well Derby weekend and OK Belmont weekend. If I would have used Union Rags, like he instructed me to, it would have been a big weekend. Still down overall for the year but not really much.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:28 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Only 3 tracks I turned any kind of significant profit were Tampa, Santa Anita and Fairgrounds. Gulfstream was just about a break even.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989 View Post
Whats your K Tohill numbers and are they better than Bernie Butler?
GPK Ida Paquette
Old 11-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
BT was at both........just saying. That being said I usually do well when BT is around, did well Derby weekend and OK Belmont weekend. If Mike Smith doesn't open up the rail for Union Rags it would have been a big weekend. Still down overall for the year but not really much.
FTFY
Old 11-27-2012, 07:36 PM
5'8".. but all man!

This is about to get interesting. I am gonna figure out my harness numbers. I already know I showed a small profit at Balmoral for the year.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:40 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Harness figs

Summary from 01/01/2012 to 11/27/2012
Wagers Total Handle Winnings Win/(Loss)
425 $1,862.90 $1,186.85 ($676.05)
Old 11-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Hialeah Park

I won but I lost
Old 11-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatCummings View Post
If Little Mike doesn't win the three G1 races he did, I'd have had a fine year.
I feel your PAIN... He got me in Arlington Million (I had next 3 horses) and BC Turf (I had next 4 horses).
Old 11-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Harness figs

Summary from 01/01/2012 to 11/27/2012
Wagers Total Handle Winnings Win/(Loss)
425 $1,862.90 $1,186.85 ($676.05)
A $1.28 ROI playing harness races is a pretty telling indication that you shouldn't be betting them.

It's a slightly higher ROI than buying scratch-off lotto tickets...and no one hits for a $1 millon playing harness like my now-broke former neighbor did playing a $20 scratch-off.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:37 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
A $1.28 ROI playing harness races is a pretty telling indication that you shouldn't be betting them.

It's a slightly higher ROI than buying scratch-off lotto tickets...and no one hits for a $1 millon playing harness like my now-broke former neighbor did playing a $20 scratch-off.
My problem is I just need to go to sleep earlier. Between harness and Australian racing at night, it just pretty useless for me to even waste money on those.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
My problem is I just need to go to sleep earlier. Between harness and Australian racing at night, it just pretty useless for me to even waste money on those.
I will give you a 10% rebate on all harness and Aussie action and book it for you.

We will both benefit from it.

When my father had his trainers license revoked, he bought a bar in the city called Clancy's and it was basically a hub for bookmaking during the day and dice and card games above it at night. This was in the mid 80's right before 'The Downs at Erie' opened ...and the only place in town to get a DRF was Dee's Cigar Store.

The only detective in the city who handled homicide cases at the time, he would be on the phone placing bets to my father all day long. He would call him up with $2 exacta wheels and everything else. At one point, he owed my father about a thousand dollars, and pops got so sick of taking his bets that he told him "we are even! Just please, don't call here anymore with your bets." the detective refused, paid him off, and kept the all-day phone calls coming.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
I will give you a 10% rebate on all harness and Aussie action and book it for you.

When my father had his trainers license revoked, he bought a bar in the city called Clancy's and it was basically a hub for bookmaking during the day and dice and card games above it at night. This was in the mid 80's right before 'The Downs at Erie' opened ...and the only place in town to get a DRF was Dee's Cigar Store.

The only detective in the city who handled homicide cases at the time, he would be on the phone placing bets to my father all day long. He would call him up with $2 exacta wheels and everything else. At one point, he owed my father about a thousand dollars, and pops got so sick of taking his bets that he told him "we are even! Just please, don't call here anymore with your bets." the detective refused, paid him off, and kept the all-day phone calls coming.
That's classic. You don't want to book my action. That would require me having your phone number and if I got that, I would distribute it to all my fellow lollipop guild members and they would prank call you unmercifully, day and night.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Ocala Mike

Default How did you do this year?

I bet A LITTLE less this year, and lost a LOT LESS. LITTLE MIKE was good to me, and some decent scores recently helped a lot. I've become mostly a weekend/holiday bettor now, unless I see something special on other days.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
That's classic. You don't want to book my action. That would require me having your phone number and if I got that, I would distribute it to all my fellow lollipop guild members and they would prank call you unmercifully, day and night.
You could place wagers through email.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Turf Paradise

Default this year

We saw how the email thing worked for the General.

Became a weekend, holiday better. Bet more money per race and bet less overall races. Quit playing Gulfstream/Todd Pletcher Downs and kept my sanity.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:47 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:

drugs was 'spider' from goodfellas