Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Hollywood Park

All I gotta say is...baloney! I know it when I see it.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
Another guy who was born on third base yet acts as if he hit a triple.
What a great saying! Perfect!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Randwyck

$150 pletcher Exacta in the 5th.. don't see that very often
Old 03-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
you bet that much money all at once, while at work? No concern about the actual odds? You don't care about what the rest of the public thinks? No concern about changes to the track condition, rider changes, how the horses look or behave? How is it that your opinion is so strong on the night before a program, that you can announce 3-4 hundred dollars in wagers that far in advance? If I wager that much I'm not going to pull the trigger until just before the race, and I for sure want to watch the race live.
You are incredible, I wish you would share more of your secrets.
being concerened with what the public thinks has cost me tons of money, i was taught young not to let that influence my betting, sometimes it makes me jump off a horse i like because another horse is taking money so i dont handicap that way i stick with the horse i like regardless of what the odds are and i think i pretty well, i have had 3 bad days in a row now, but it happens and this is easily my worst stretch in over a year...

Last edited by POINTGIVEN1985 : 03-26-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Golden Gate

In Suffolk County NY if you have over 300 in your account you get track price.The office in Hauppague also pays track prices.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:18 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny p
In Suffolk County NY if you have over 300 in your account you get track price.The office in Hauppague also pays track prices.

Thanks!!!

Knew about Hauppague, but I was misinformed when I signed up for phone acct. I was told you needed to place $300 per call to get track prices, she even suggested I could bet the entire day's wagers to get to $300.

Who would have guessed this thread would accomplish something productive...
Old 03-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Jerome Park

You guys get your panties in a bunch over PG1985 picks and losses. Give the guy a break so what if he loses money its his money and he can do what he wants with it. At least he posts picks. Ya'll have been picking on him enough. give it up
Old 03-26-2007, 05:22 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
You guys get your panties in a bunch over PG1985 picks and losses. Give the guy a break so what if he loses money its his money and he can do what he wants with it. At least he posts picks. Ya'll have been picking on him enough. give it up
appreciate it, but dont worry about it... i make all the bets i say, and i had another bad day today it happens to everyone, you dont have to defend me, i know i make all the bets i say i make and it dosent bother me if they belive it or not, they dont have to belive me....anyway i got smashed again today, i dident know jv was off the horse in the third, i guess its my own fault for making the bet early, but that wouldnt have mattered anyway it seems like every horse i picked ran really bad
Old 03-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by POINTGIVEN1985
appreciate it, but dont worry about it... i make all the best i say, and i had another bad day today it happens to everyone, you dont have to defend me i know i make all the bets i say i make and it dosent bother me if they belive it or not, they dont have to belive me....anyway i got smashed again today, i dident know jv was off the horse in the third, i guess its my own fault for making the bet early, but that wouldnt have mattered anyway it seems like every horse i picked ran really bad
Gulfstream is weird. Only sure thing at Gulfstream is Pletcher being in the winners circle. I havent been able to pick winners all meet. The races I bet I lose, but the races I look at and dont bet cause I am fed up with losing, then i pick the winner but dont make any money. But then again I suck at handicapping and I only bet 20-40 dollars per week and spend equal amount on beer at the track. Another angle - beer affects handicapping.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Gulfstream is weird. Only sure thing at Gulfstream is Pletcher being in the winners circle. I havent been able to pick winners all meet. The races I bet I lose, but the races I look at and dont bet cause I am fed up with losing, then i pick the winner but dont make any money. But then again I suck at handicapping and I only bet 20-40 dollars per week and spend equal amount on beer at the track. Another angle - beer affects handicapping.
i was really going to take a few weeks off i was losing to much, but i won a small poker toruny saturday night and figured i'd bet this card, i thought it was a really nice card for a monday and i really felt good about a few things, but it never goes the way you think its going to go..... i only bet this way because i have the money to, its not like i put myself in debt making these bets....... but again thanks..
Old 03-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by POINTGIVEN1985
being concerened with what the public thinks has cost me tons of money, i was taught young not to let that influence my betting, sometimes it makes me jump off a horse i like because another horse is taking money so i dont handicap that way i stick with the horse i like regardless of what the odds are and i think i pretty well, i have had 3 bad days in a row now, but it happens and this is easily my worst stretch in over a year...
you have no concept of what I meant when I said that you should pay attention to what the public thinks. You picked some selections based upon the fact that you liked the juicy 6:1 morning line. Would you have still bet the horse if it went off at 2:1? If the public likes your horse and pounds it down to lower odds than you are comfortable with, thats when you have to be concerned about what the public thinks.

You were totally shut out today, $394 lost. I would be concerned for you if I really thought you made those plays, but its quite obvious that you didn't.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Why are you getting your panties in a bunch if people challenge his betting assertions? He doesn't seem to mind, why do you? None of his claims make sense and anyone that bets the way he does would be ruined in short order. To me its a disservice to just stand by and accept it. A lot of new people come around here looking for advice on betting strategies. They deserve to be able to read an honest interaction amongst the gamblers on here. To stand by and say nothing is not honest.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
you have no concept of what I meant when I said that you should pay attention to what the public thinks. You picked some selections based upon the fact that you liked the juicy 6:1 morning line. Would you have still bet the horse if it went off at 2:1? If the public likes your horse and pounds it down to lower odds than you are comfortable with, thats when you have to be concerned about what the public thinks.

You were totally shut out today, $394 lost. I would be concerned for you if I really thought you made those plays, but its quite obvious that you didn't.
i did lost $394... im glad you noticed... i also lost $480 between last thursday and saturday.... why is it your business, and why do you continue to question me, i make the bets im feeling the loss, but its not the end of the world i won $650 playing poker saturday night and im fine with what i have lost to the horses....
Old 03-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Why are you getting your panties in a bunch if people challenge his betting assertions? He doesn't seem to mind, why do you? None of his claims make sense and anyone that bets the way he does would be ruined in short order. To me its a disservice to just stand by and accept it. A lot of new people come around here looking for advice on betting strategies. They deserve to be able to read an honest interaction amongst the gamblers on here. To stand by and say nothing is not honest.
also why ruined in short order ? do you know my financial situation ? and about my claims making sense, when are you going to drop this, im sure ppl are getting sick of reading you saying thaT, maybe one day i had my times messed up, but i made the bets, also...... you make it like im on here bragging about winning a ton of money, i put all my bets in well before post time and when i lose " which i have done alot latley" i never try backing out of a bet, you make it like im on here saying i bet $500 a race and win a ton of money doing this
Old 03-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I think the reason that I get my panties in a bunch is cause I actually believe the guy. I never accuse people until I know for sure and have proof that they are lying, etc. It bothers me when people accuse accuse accuse. PG1985 seems to really follow the horses and I respect that. He does his homework and yes he makes bold claims but those bold claims lead to good discussions. I guess I am just tired of reading 20 posts a day attacking PG1985.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
I think the reason that I get my panties in a bunch is cause I actually believe the guy. I never accuse people until I know for sure and have proof that they are lying, etc. It bothers me when people accuse accuse accuse. PG1985 seems to really follow the horses and I respect that. He does his homework and yes he makes bold claims but those bold claims lead to good discussions. I guess I am just tired of reading 20 posts a day attacking PG1985.
Anti, please...

dude is 24 year old, he hasn't been alive long enough to understand horse racing, unless you are a mensa like Drugs is.....

Seriously, don't be this gullable. Bold claims is saying Shane Laviolette is a good jockey, not that you are putting $500 on a horse or whatever this clown is doing
Old 03-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
Sometimes stuff just doesn't match up. I just found it odd that a day after saying he was done for 2 weeks he was firing away today. Honestly I could care less about what or who he bets. But when you have shown on more than one occasion to not be a man of your word, well than you are going to get challenged.
I cant tell you how many times i have said "I am never drinking again" or "I am not drinking for 2 weeks" and then 2 or 3 days later a friend calls and says hey lets go hang out at the bar... and there I am.

**** that didnt make my life sound good at all...
Old 03-26-2007, 07:33 PM
The Curragh

I don't think this board likes youth, just an opinion from a soon to be 21 yr old.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Anti, please...

dude is 24 year old, he hasn't been alive long enough to understand horse racing, unless you are a mensa like Drugs is.....

Seriously, don't be this gullable. Bold claims is saying Shane Laviolette is a good jockey, not that you are putting $500 on a horse or whatever this clown is doing
I am 24 years old, been involved with the sport since I was 12, worked for various trainers, racing organizations, and make my living now in the horse racing biz. I also went to college and graduated with a degree in the horse racing biz from the U of A. My mentor also has bred many champion horses and has held very high positions in the industry and he tries to teach me as much as he can about the game. I believe I very much understand the horse biz (including the breeding), its just that betting isnt my thing... I make money off the people who bet.

Please dont tell me you have to be a certain age to understand horse racing.

Also, Nobody who gambles makes money. period. doesnt matter if you are 24 44 or 84. A few people who make intelligent CALCULATED risks (Crist, etc.)make a living betting horses. That is different than gambling.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:53 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
I am 24 years old, been involved with the sport since I was 12, worked for various trainers, racing organizations, and make my living now in the horse racing biz. I also went to college and graduated with a degree in the horse racing biz from the U of A. My mentor also has bred many champion horses and has held very high positions in the industry and he tries to teach me as much as he can about the game. I believe I very much understand the horse biz (including the breeding), its just that betting isnt my thing... I make money off the people who bet.

Please dont tell me you have to be a certain age to understand horse racing.

Also, Nobody who gambles makes money. period. doesnt matter if you are 24 44 or 84. A few people who make intelligent CALCULATED risks (Crist, etc.)make a living betting horses. That is different than gambling.

IMO "CALCULATED RISKS" and gambling are the same thing, your still partipating in a game/pool of chance happenings. You can't be a Calculated risk taker and not be a "gambler", if you were then you should have the greatest mythical bankroll in the business. Don't want to step on anyones toe's but that's just my 2 cents..... and i'm 25

-bt-