Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Havre de Grace

I used to think EMT's did noble work, but they just like to play with the sirens.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Aqueduct

Fowler has a lot to learn about introducing newcomers to the track. C'mon if you are going to say Andy has no class he at least has to snub you. Bad selections? NOBODY wins everyday.

Andy is one of the best public handicappers in the game. He works very hard and goes above and beyond to respond to questions via email, twitter and of course his appearances on Steve's At the Races. He has set the bar pretty high for handicapping commentators.

We all know how tough this game is and even the VERY BEST like Andy will have their off meets. If I had to go to war at the races I would want Andy in the fox hole right next to me!
Old 08-28-2013, 12:30 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowler View Post
Readily admitted on twitter how bad he's doing handicapping Saratoga of late. I had friends up for the weekend attending the races and urged them to pay attention to Andy's selections since they are new to the game. Every 'unbeatable' or 'free square' favorite lost while his beat the favorite selections were all up the track. My friends unfortunately went broke.
Hmm. Dino lives in Saratoga and Dino has a hard-on for Andy when he loses a few.. Just sayin.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Delaware Park

Caleb's Posse......just saying.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Jerome Park

I was having a great meet until Travers week or maybe even Travers day.

Now I'm going to cry.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:45 PM
Sam Houston

Perhaps I should have expanded. All horseplayers go bad but it's the ones with credibility that admit it.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
I used to think EMT's did noble work
And to think Riot left that line of work to double-dose defenseless horses.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
I laughed.

This might be the same a$$clown ('SerlingisaPiker' or whatever the f his name is) that harrasses him on Twitter.
hey, i always say if you're going to do it, take pride in it. the one you mentioned would get more respect than someone like fowler, with his backhanded roundabout dig.

Quote:
Perhaps I should have expanded. All horseplayers go bad but it's the ones with credibility that admit it.
no, really, you've done enough.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I was having a great meet until Travers week or maybe even Travers day.

Now I'm going to cry.
try not to lose too much sleep over it andy.

i mean, some people went broke, and it's all your fault...but it'll be ok.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Del Mar

If you were closer to the game and paid attention you'd know that if you play Andy's selections and they lose, simply find him at the track and will reimburse your wagers.

After all, this if for fun.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Sam Houston

I guess no one remembers the Siro's seminars where Andy would continuously make disparaging comments about people in the horse racing industry ( yours truly included). He takes the low salaried position at NYRA and suddenly becomes Mr. nice guy and loves everyone. I don't buy it. He may have credibility selecting horses but as a human being he's not genuine. Having said that I would encourage every one to listen to him when he discusses the horses but it should end there.

Last edited by fowler : 08-28-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Dee Tee Stables

fowler, instead of engaging in this thread, maybe you should just go apologize to your friends for your bad advice? you're the one who told them to listen to andy, and didn't tell them to also do their own work.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
I guess no ones remembers the Siro's seminars where Andy would continuously make disparaging comments about people in the horse racing industry ( yours truly included). He takes the low salaried position at NYRA and suddenly becomes Mr. nice guy and loves everyone. I don't buy it. He may have credibility selecting horses but as a human being he's not genuine. Having said that I would encourage every one to listen to him when he discusses the horses but it should end there.
Funny, it only took until your 3rd post in the thread to make your agenda clear.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
I guess no ones remembers the Siro's seminars where Andy would continuously make disparaging comments about people in the horse racing industry ( yours truly included). He takes the low salaried position at NYRA and suddenly becomes Mr. nice guy and loves everyone. I don't buy it. He may have credibility selecting horses but as a human being he's not genuine. Having said that I would encourage every one to listen to him when he discusses the horses but it should end there.
Your done.. My friend Andy is first class gentleman. Sure he can be difficult so what does everyone have to be the same. I have known this man for a decade plus and he has grown into a dynamic force in racing and he did it by working hard busting his ass and being decent and respectful to people.

Get lost!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Idlewild Airport

Is this Chris Fowler of ESPN fame? Didn't he pee off a roof in NO during a Super Bowl? Or was that Gary Meyers?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Sam Houston

Old 08-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
If you are going to disparage a person's genuineness, don't hide behind an alias. Put your name and agenda to it. Don't be a hit and run low life.
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Your done.. My friend Andy is first class gentleman. Sure he can be difficult so what does everyone have to be the same. I have known this man for a decade plus and he has grown into a dynamic force in racing and he did it by working hard busting his ass and being decent and respectful to people.

Get lost!
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
it doesn't get better with the re-telling.

don't go away mad, but please...do go away.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Sam Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
Funny, it only took until your 3rd post in the thread to make your agenda clear.
Nick if you see it as my latest axe to grind I think you seriously missed the point.