Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by booner
Watch Fandicapping on TVG tonight. Ken Rudolph is going to have a steward involved with this decision on his show.

I'm sure it will be a straightforward, hard core Q&A session......
If you were watching last night, you know the frustration for me and 58 Flat Matt was very high. He picked the 2 outright to win and then you had the Pick 4 Posses (4 nimrod California Girls) hit their Pick 4 when the 9 went up. I wanted to hurl.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man
Why take that attitude? Are 15:1 shots so rare to come by? If it's not evident by my posts, I bet this horse as well. Would've collected on the double and win. But I won big elsewhere yesterday, so I just take it as yet another way to be right and still lose.

I'll be damned if I give up DMR (or any of the CALI) tracks because of a single screwup by the stewards. This is like a homerun being erroneously determined to be foul by the umps. Someone who hits 5 a year doesn't get over it; someone hitting 50 a year shrugs it off. Same **** with all the PAST POSTING.

Keep swinging for the fences.
It happens to me quite a bit in California and I always seem to come out on the short end with their lack of consistancy.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuvForPletch
If you were watching last night, you know the frustration for me and 58 Flat Matt was very high. He picked the 2 outright to win and then you had the Pick 4 Posses (4 nimrod California Girls) hit their Pick 4 when the 9 went up. I wanted to hurl.
58 Matt is an individual that simply doesn't like for horses to be taken down. Same goes for Mr. B. Same goes for the majority of people that "cover" horse racing. What that brilliance results in is guys like Theriot thinking he can move laterally without even caring whether somebody might be there. You don't think so? What are the chances that Theriot saw the Delta Jackpot a few years ago? Pretty good, right? How much did they allow Gomez to do towards the end of that race? He and Borel destroyed another horse, and they let those two guys deadheat for the win. Pretty much nobody cared about that. A guy like Theriot grows up seeing that, and don't think it's not a big reason why Douglas' career is over. For anybody to think that the 2 horse should be allowed to do what he did last night? You're wrong. You're supporting cheating, and you're supporting dangerous riding. This was a foul. They will overlook it if the horse who fouls is drawing away impressively (or if Gomez committed the foul in question.) The 2 was not drawing away. He did not do that. The margin was decreasing. Therefore, he comes down.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Flemington

Quote:
It happens to me quite a bit in California and I always seem to come out on the short end with their lack of consistancy.
Their general mindset is pretty consistent. They will overlook a foul if the horse who wins is obviously the best horse. They appear inconsistent, because they overlook nearly all of Gomez' fouls(regardless who was the best horse.) On the other side, they go out of their way to punish Espinoza, and Nakatani (he has quite a mouth.) If they didn't know the jocks who rode, then they would be much more consistent.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Check out today's 3rd at AP. The 2nd horse clearly takes the path of the 5 (who finished 3rd) and should've come down. I got shut out trying to play the number and considered myself lucky when they started showing the headon. But it stayed up. Compare this to the trivial **** last night. It'll get you sicker.

Seems there is a God, after all. Sort of.

ha ha ha
Old 08-01-2009, 02:23 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
You might want to take a look at the following Vic:

http://derbytrail.com/forums/showthr...hlight=chantal

and then come back with some similar BS to explain why THAT horse stayed up and the one yesterday came down. Convince me that yesterday's was much more serious, Vic.

You must not watch many headons, huh?

Oh, I'm sure I can come up with many more like that one (this just happened to be one I'd commented on).
I watch every head on every day.

Why is it BS if I have an opinion?

Why would you write such a post?
Old 08-01-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer
I watch every head on every day.

Why is it BS if I have an opinion?

Why would you write such a post?
Any coherent explanation why THAT horse wasn't taken down, Vic?

I mean, it's obvious it should've been. I realize you're EMBARRASSED that it wasn't and that the one yesterday was AND you're left trying to defend the actions of IDIOTS.

I understand, Vic.

It's cool.

I mean, if you were to run the headon of the 2 races for RETARDS, they'd be able to notice the difference. It's REALLY THAT BAD.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:40 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Any coherent explanation why THAT horse wasn't taken down, Vic?

I mean, it's obvious it should've been. I realize you're EMBARRASSED that it wasn't and that the one yesterday was AND you're left trying to defend the actions of IDIOTS.

I understand, Vic.

It's cool.

I mean, if you were to run the headon of the 2 races for RETARDS, they'd be able to notice the difference. It's REALLY THAT BAD.
I'm not defending anyone. I have an opinion about yesterdays DQ. Don't have time to re-visit the past one. I'm sure I posted my opinion at the time.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer
I'm not defending anyone. I have an opinion about yesterdays DQ. Don't have time to re-visit the past one. I'm sure I posted my opinion at the time.
But I think it's very important that you, and the stewards, revisit the other one. Especially given your comments that horses shouldn't be all over the track or take the path of others. Unless these incidents are compared, there's really little hope of any consistency.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Flemington

Quote:
But I think it's very important that you, and the stewards, revisit the other one. Especially given your comments that horses shouldn't be all over the track or take the path of others. Unless these incidents are compared, there's really little hope of any consistency.
They don't think that horse (Chantal fouled) could of gotten up. Most people don't share your opinion of who would of won (if no foul had taken place.)
Old 08-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Flemington

Quote:
LOL...Weren't the 1st words out of that stupid blonde's mouth "I'm always right" ...I missed seeing the race live, but I saw this other mess going on. I don't know which is worse. TVG giving those 4 a mic, or TVG having these commercials for Doc Bottom' s "A" spray.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/484...bottoms-aspray
Old 08-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
LOL...Weren't the 1st words out of that stupid blonde's mouth "I'm always right" ...I missed seeing the race live, but I saw this other mess going on. I don't know which is worse. TVG giving those 4 a mic, or TVG having these commercials for Doc Bottom' s "A" spray.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/484...bottoms-aspray
Thanks for that link. Now I've got the name for my FFL team. I suppose the "A" spray comes in handy for those who can't find the time for a daily bath or shower.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Flemington

So asinine to have chicks in sundresses asking those softball questions.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 08-01-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:23 PM
SundaySilence

I too got screwed last night in the finale costing me the pick 4. Now what I would like to ask the stewards was how different was Friday nights finale vs. what Solis did at the top of the stretch in the feature today to Gomez and his mount. Nothing said or mentioned in the feature today, still pissed about that DQ last night.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:45 AM
Hollywood Park

just got home and watched the "grilling" of the stew on tvg...geez, he even seemed pretty wishy washy on the whole thing...it was a bad freaking call...they got caught up in the whole he started in the 9 path and ended up in the 3 path thing...but, while he was doing so the other horse was voluntarily doing the same thing.

Last edited by NoLuvForPletch : 08-02-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:00 AM
The Curragh

I just watched the race in question, and I would agree it's one of the 2 worst DQ's I've ever seen. The other being Polished last week at Ellis.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Flemington

Quote:
just got home and watched the "grilling" of the stew on tvg...geez, he even seemed pretty wishy washy on the whole thing...it was a bad freaking call...they got caught up in the whole he started in the 9 path and ended up in the 3 path thing...but, while he was doing so the other horse was voluntarily doing the same thing.

He might of agreed to come in a couple 3 paths, but when he then tried to run straight, your horse bump (1:16)/herded (from1:17 on in) him the rest of the way. He deserved the chance to run straight. So, if you disagree, then don't bet there, or start your own pro-herding campaign. Like he said, they combine factors to make a decision. The margin of victory was small, and diminishing. They would of let the foul go if he had shown an increasing margin of victory. The margin of victory decreased during the foul, and he's saying the 2nd place horse should of been able to run straight. Your horse is refusing to change leads in the stretch. I think the 9 would probably have gotten up(if not fouled.) 2 out of the 3 of the stewards did too. 1 of the 3 agreed with you, and that was most likely because he/she thought the 9 floated out the 2 on the turn/into the stretch. Colonel Moldes came out a ton, but it's not until 1:03-1:04. What I wanted addressed last night was 1:01-1:04 on that turn (coming into the stretch.) See, your best case for staying up is back there at 1:01-1:02. Quinones is floating you out for no other reason than to cost you precious ground. That's also a form of herding. That's why your jock thought he could get away with herding in the stretch. There is some art to this stuff, and the bump at 1:16 is what the steward mentioned as key, because Quinones had indeed wanted to run straight there, and would have continued to run straight(if not for your horse bump herding him from 1:16 on in.) The way to stay up is to make the other horse think your coming over suddenly, but only actually come over slightly(Gomez' patented trick.) Then you make almost no contact, but you've caused a loss of momentum. Then you just do a slight intimidation herd, and voila(Gomez stays up.) M BAZE is not the gifted cheater that Gomez is. Some people are naturally good cheaters (Gomez, A.J. Pierzynski, Victorino etc.)

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 08-02-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:44 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
He might of agreed to come in a couple 3 paths, but when he then tried to run straight, your horse bump (1:16)/herded (from1:17 on in) him the rest of the way. He deserved the chance to run straight. So, if you disagree, then don't bet there, or start your own pro-herding campaign. Like he said, they combine factors to make a decision. The margin of victory was small, and diminishing. They would of let the foul go if he had shown an increasing margin of victory. The margin of victory decreased during the foul, and he's saying the 2nd place horse should of been able to run straight. Your horse is refusing to change leads in the stretch. I think the 9 would probably have gotten up(if not fouled.) 2 out of the 3 of the stewards did too. 1 of the 3 agreed with you, and that was most likely because he/she thought the 9 floated out the 2 on the turn/into the stretch. Colonel Moldes came out a ton, but it's not until 1:03-1:04. What I wanted addressed last night was 1:01-1:04 on that turn (coming into the stretch.) See, your best case for staying up is back there at 1:01-1:02. Quinones is floating you out for no other reason than to cost you precious ground. That's also a form of herding. That's why your jock thought he could get away with herding in the stretch. There is some art to this stuff, and the bump at 1:16 is what the steward mentioned as key, because Quinones had indeed wanted to run straight there, and would have continued to run straight(if not for your horse bump herding him from 1:16 on in.) The way to stay up is to make the other horse think your coming over suddenly, but only actually come over slightly(Gomez' patented trick.) Then you make almost no contact, but you've caused a loss of momentum. Then you just do a slight intimidation herd, and voila(Gomez stays up.) M BAZE is not the gifted cheater that Gomez is. Some people are naturally good cheaters (Gomez, A.J. Pierzynski, Victorino etc.)
Pierzynski is a natural born POS.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33
Pierzynski is a natural born POS.
That too.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:12 PM
The Curragh

Not complaining about sweeping the exacta and trifecta in the 5th at DM, but Gomez smacked the 9 pretty good coming down the lane. Now, I understand he was on the better horse, and he is alot of the time, but they let him get away with murder on that circuit.