Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Morris Park

The Bears are one and done again this year in the playoffs just like last year, when a team that also has a good d goes up against the Bears Rex Grossman will be shown to what he really is an ave NFL QB at best. write it down mark my words or whatever you want to do but take that to the bank ONE and DONE Again this year just like last year,,,,and that is exactly what I said last year and it came to be the truth, I just love all these folks on TV talking up The Bears....like there really going to threathen the Dolphins from 72 give me a break the NFC isnt that bad and I would surely like the Bears to run up against the Eagles with a real NFL QB in the playoffs I will take all bets that week!!
Old 10-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
At least Steppenwolfer won a couple unlike our silver and black friends
In horse racing years he would be about equal to the raiders
Old 10-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpBurns
The Bears are one and done again this year in the playoffs just like last year, when a team that also has a good d goes up against the Bears Rex Grossman will be shown to what he really is an ave NFL QB at best. write it down mark my words or whatever you want to do but take that to the bank ONE and DONE Again this year just like last year,,,,and that is exactly what I said last year and it came to be the truth, I just love all these folks on TV talking up The Bears....like there really going to threathen the Dolphins from 72 give me a break the NFC isnt that bad and I would surely like the Bears to run up against the Eagles with a real NFL QB in the playoffs I will take all bets that week!!
You are clueless. Other than the Bears, the other top defensive teams are all in the AFC; San Diego, Baltimore and Denver. Atlanta is ok but we saw how horrible they looked against the Bears in Chicago last December.

So you think Philadelphia would beat them? You are on crack. McNabb may be the MVP but they have nothing else. Average running game; all they do is gamble on defense. Eventually they will pay big time. Dallas moved the ball well against them but just shot themselves in the foot too many times.

Best teams in the NFL: 1) Bears 2) Chargers 3) Colts 4) Jaguars 5) Bengals
Old 10-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP
You are clueless. Other than the Bears, the other top defensive teams are all in the AFC; San Diego, Baltimore and Denver. Atlanta is ok but we saw how horrible they looked against the Bears in Chicago last December.

So you think Philadelphia would beat them? You are on crack. McNabb may be the MVP but they have nothing else. Average running game; all they do is gamble on defense. Eventually they will pay big time. Dallas moved the ball well against them but just shot themselves in the foot too many times.

thank you for handling this obsurdness JJP....I do disagree with your Colts though, I think they are 5 on your list and the Jags are 3 and Bengals 4. Jags have that look of a Super Bowl contender
Old 10-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP

Uh Broncos are better than the Jags, Bears and the Bengals.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
Uh Broncos are better than the Jags, Bears and the Bengals.
They are not better then the Bears or Jags, maybe the Bengals
Old 10-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
They are not better then the Bears or Jags, maybe the Bengals
They'll be no worse than 12-4 and will demolish the Jags if they play in Denver. It won't even be close.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Gulfstream Park

Scav-

You probably are right about the Colts. Defensively, they have some definite issues; can't stop the run at all.

As for Denver being better than Chicago, Jax or Cincy, I'm not sure what Pillow Pants is smoking. Get them away from the altitude and they're average. Top 6-8 probably.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP
Scav-

You probably are right about the Colts. Defensively, they have some definite issues; can't stop the run at all.

As for Denver being better than Chicago, Jax or Cincy, I'm not sure what Pillow Pants is smoking. Get them away from the altitude and they're average. Top 6-8 probably.
Look at their schedule. They're in the running for top seed in the AFC.