Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Flemington

Kobe, Gasol, Fish, Artest, Sasha all made their shots when it came time to put up, or shut up. Even pothead odom was rebounding, and playing D. I don't think Gasol is gunna have to hear anymore sht. The 4th quarter was special. I've never seen them play D that well. Rebounds 53-40 L.A. The Celtics are good, but, when you talk as much sht as they do, it will eventually catch up to anybody. Rondo is a great player. The team is smart. Smart enough to foul Sasha, but somehow even he didn't choke it away.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
At best... They keep talking about how long they are? **** that... The Mid 90's Houston teams would have CRUSHED THIS TEAM ON THE INSIDE...Even those Utah teams who kept running into MJ would handle this Laker squad. Great they won, Kobes the best Blah Blah.... Hes a bum, I love how people knock Lebron because he has not done it yet, Kobe, Jordan all these greats needed another great.... Pippen, Gasol, Artest.... When Lebron gets that, this league is his for the next 6-10 years. Lebron has took his team further then Kobe or MJ ever did, ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Will someone please forward this post to all the teams thinking of signing LeBron this summer...

With the curse of PG on him he will almost assuredly blow out at least an ACL
Old 06-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER View Post
Kobe, Gasol, Fish, Artest, Sasha all made their shots when it came time to put up, or shut up. Even pothead odom was rebounding, and playing D. I don't think Gasol is gunna have to hear anymore sht. The 4th quarter was special. I've never seen them play D that well. Rebounds 53-40 L.A. The Celtics are good, but, when you talk as much sht as they do, it will eventually catch up to anybody. Rondo is a great player.
The 4th quarter was an ugly slugfest. Like 2 aging, out of shape heavyweights a bit past their prime throwing a lot of haymakers but missing the mark most of the time.

If Rondo could shoot he could step to the next level.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Congrats to the Lakers. And I mean that.

But for the love of Christ. Please. Please Please Please. Do not say that Kobe proved his greatness tonight. I heard the AIDS Tard Man say this earlier. The guy fu cking choked. In every way he possibly could have. And he was bailed out by three 7-footers who sucked up every one of his misses. To me, the Jordan comparisons should've ended two years ago, but they should definitely end now. Remind me when Jordan needed Bill Wennington, Bill Cartwright and Luc Longley to clean up his 25% shooting in a Game 7. The guy is a great player, but he didn't bring it tonight and he got bailed out. It doesn't make the title any less legitimate, but FFS stop saying Kobe won it.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Congrats to the Lakers. And I mean that.

But for the love of Christ. Please. Please Please Please. Do not say that Kobe proved his greatness tonight. I heard the AIDS Tard Man say this earlier. The guy fu cking choked. In every way he possibly could have. And he was bailed out by three 7-footers who sucked up every one of his misses. To me, the Jordan comparisons should've ended two years ago, but they should definitely end now. Remind me when Jordan needed Bill Wennington, Bill Cartwright and Luc Longley to clean up his 25% shooting in a Game 7. The guy is a great player, but he didn't bring it tonight and he got bailed out. It doesn't make the title any less legitimate, but FFS stop saying Kobe won it.
You know Kobe played terrible when they continue to harp on how many rebounds he had. There were a whole lot of rebounds available due to all the missed shots.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Will someone please forward this post to all the teams thinking of signing LeBron this summer...

With the curse of PG on him he will almost assuredly blow out at least an ACL
Chuck I respect your NBA opinion and I know you like messing with me, but with the exception of calling Kobe a bum, is anything I said false? Please try to be serious
Old 06-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Havre de Grace

Kobe shot like A.I. and the Lakers won the Finals. They did play a fine 4th qtr
on defense, but the Celts had no offense going by then.

Anyone who makes comparisons between M.J. and Kobe is a few bricks light!
I don't care if Kobe wins 5 more titles...he'll never be a Michael Jordan. EOS
Old 06-18-2010, 12:05 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Chuck I respect your NBA opinion and I know you like messing with me, but with the exception of calling Kobe a bum, is anything I said false? Please try to be serious
Boston wasnt a better team. They were pretty evenly matched. Perkins didnt cost them that much tonight. Wallace played pretty good and gave them more scoring that they really needed. Davis didnt play bad either and gasol made plays late in the game and as bad as boston needed offense Perkins may not have even been in at that point. Over a season or 7 game series it would have been a much bigger factor. In the end Ray Allen cant play 45 minutes and have to guard Kobe on the defensive end and score. KG played 45, Rondo and Pierce did too. Wallace played 36. They just wore down the last half of the 4th quarter. But you do curse things...Think Blake Griffin
Old 06-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan View Post
Kobe shot like A.I. and the Lakers won the Finals. They did play a fine 4th qtr
on defense, but the Celts had no offense going by then.

Anyone who makes comparisons between M.J. and Kobe is a few bricks light!
I don't care if Kobe wins 5 more titles...he'll never be a Michael Jordan. EOS
The idea that winning titles makes one individual player "better" than another is seriously flawed logic. But sportsradio and ESPN needs something to talk about.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Flemington

[quote=Cannon Shell;659226]Boston wasnt a better team. They were pretty evenly matched. Perkins didnt cost them that much tonight. Wallace played pretty good and gave them more scoring that they really needed. Davis didnt play bad either and gasol made plays late in the game and as bad as boston needed offense Perkins may not have even been in at that point. Over a season or 7 game series it would have been a much bigger factor. In the end Ray Allen cant play 45 minutes and have to guard Kobe W

I NEVER TOUTED BLAKE.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Sha Tin

[quote=RockHardTen1985;659228]
Quote:
Boston wasnt a better team. They were pretty evenly matched. Perkins didnt cost them that much tonight. Wallace played pretty good and gave them more scoring that they really needed. Davis didnt play bad either and gasol made plays late in the game and as bad as boston needed offense Perkins may not have even been in at that point. Over a season or 7 game series it would have been a much bigger factor. In the end Ray Allen cant play 45 minutes and have to guard Kobe W

I NEVER TOUTED BLAKE.
Oh yeah that was the Clippers curse, sorry...
Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Flemington

Quote:
The 4th quarter was an ugly slugfest. Like 2 aging, out of shape heavyweights a bit past their prime throwing a lot of haymakers but missing the mark most of the time.

If Rondo could shoot he could step to the next level.
Well, when ya got 53 after three quarters, and end up with 83 points, then, I think it's obvious that the Champions did whatever it took (30) to get what they wanted. With these two teams, the home field advantage was key. Celts needed more of that energy that Robinson provided in game 4.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Well, when ya got 53 after three quarters, and end up with 83 points, then, I think it's obvious that the Champions did whatever it took (30) to get what they wanted. With these two teams, the home field advantage was key. Celts needed more of that energy that Robinson provided in game 3.
HOMER
Old 06-18-2010, 01:40 AM
Flemington

Quote:
HOMER
Well, we ain't got too many good things going on out here lately. It's so bad that I think, for Governor, we're gunna elect some 53 year old lady that talks like a Valley Girl.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Aqueduct

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le5aIqn_MfE

Old 06-18-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Well, we ain't got too many good things going on out here lately. It's so bad that I think, for Governor, we're gunna elect some 53 year old lady that talks like a Valley Girl.
Boo hoo. I feel so sorry for a retarded state that puts everything to a public vote. The governor is perpetually impotent in your ineffectual state that trusts the baked, hollow citizens to decide.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:22 AM

If SCUDS ain't mailing me weed, I don't want to hear ish about Cali politics.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:28 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickhorse View Post

We are a bit browner now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKl0a...eature=related

That's a bit more accurate. Remember, that 1st video was done when we had Aerospace here. Most of the people in that original video look like the results of Aerospace Engineers breeding.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 06-18-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:35 AM
Flemington

Quote:
If SCUDS ain't mailing me weed, I don't want to hear ish about Cali politics.
You don't have these weed stores in the NYC? No Legal Bubble Gum Kush?
Old 06-18-2010, 02:40 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Boo hoo. I feel so sorry for a retarded state that puts everything to a public vote. The governor is perpetually impotent in your ineffectual state that trusts the baked, hollow citizens to decide.
Ain't you got a video of Garnett chest pounding to watch?