Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
Yeah man how bout that Pat Gillick!! (sp?)
Your spelling is right and he is one of if not the best baseball ops guys around.

Baltimore was set if not for that moron angelos. Look at that franchise before and after gillick. Look at Seattle as well.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Thanks for telling this to the sore loser for me!
Sore Loser? Where did you get that from?

The Phillies out played the Rays in all facets of the game and absolutely were the most deserving team.

Congrats! It's Riot Time in Philly!!

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Video-Phil...hia-Blog-13233

Websites devoted to the fact that Philadelphia is the Worst city in the world:

http://www.worst-city.com/Philadelph...-Camden-NJ.htm

Or America's Ugliest city:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/arc..._ugliest_city/

Hey - but you've got great fans! They torch their own neighborhoods and have built in jails at their stadiums!

sign me up!! LOL
Old 10-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Jerome Park

I'm sorry that you are stuck being a Florida sportyfan.

LOL your post to me yesterday had sore loser written all over it.

You can have your thoughts on Philadelphia, but I wouldnt trade being a Philadelphia Sports fan for anything.

The only thing Florida has that even remotely compares to how Philadelphia sports fans feel for their teams... are the Gator fans here in Gator country.

FL sports fans are a joke for the most part.

(Bigs & Leo get a pass here )
Old 10-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Jerome Park

It is pretty funny though in that link you provided for Philadelphia being the worlds ugliest city...

The only picture in the article was a pic of Andy Reid. LOL. He sure aint pretty.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
GRADE JUB!!
Thank yeeeeew!!!

I beat that dirty mothah fucl<ah...Jerry Lawler Skids!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Flemington

Quote:
It is pretty funny though in that link you provided for Philadelphia being the worlds ugliest city...

The only picture in the article was a pic of Andy Reid. LOL. He sure aint pretty.
The link says Rays fan, but I highly doubt that this happened in Tampa/St. Pete last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MufTb-D4AcE

Old 10-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
The link says Rays fan, but I highly doubt that this happened in Tampa/St. Pete last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MufTb-D4AcE

White Trash capital of the US - this vid says it all....
Old 10-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis

sore loser!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Thistley Downs

An obvious Skidder sycophant.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Where were you when those 2 idiot Chicago fans CHARGED AND BEAT UP that first base coach some years ago? Probably somwhere blaming us Philly fans. Where you spouting off, calling that city Whiskey Tango? Doubt it.

$hit like looting and all that other crap happens in every city (its just under the microscope here, as teh whole country wanted to see if Philly fans lived up to thier hype of being fools) and I by no means condone any of it. Those knuckleheads who got out of hand should be locked up and starved. But to pigeonhole a whole city into 1 category is quite ignorant. I could say that all people that live in natural disaster areas are braindead idiots, but I refuse to stoop as low as to do so.

I can also youtube raucous videos when it comes to sports fans from every city in America, even yours believe it or not. Does that make ced city WT? I'd jump off of that high horse your on and quit with the 'my city is better than your sewer of a city' routine. Its pretty tiresome.

and uh oh. A website says that Philly is the worst city in the world...It must be true, because let's face it, its on a website.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 10-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Flemington

Quote:
That's a very high bar to clear(very strong competitive field.)
Old 10-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Where were you when those 2 idiot Chicago fans CHARGED AND BEAT UP that first base coach some years ago? Probably somwhere blaming us Philly fans. Where you spouting off, calling that city Whiskey Tango? Doubt it.

$hit like looting and all that other crap happens in every city (its just under the microscope here, as teh whole country wanted to see if Philly fans lived up to thier hype of being fools) and I by no means condone any of it. Those knuckleheads who got out of hand should be locked up and starved. But to pigeonhole a whole city into 1 category is quite ignorant. I could say that all people that live in natural disaster areas are braindead idiots, but I refuse to stoop as low as to do so.

I can also youtube raucous videos when it comes to sports fans from every city in America, even yours believe it or not. Does that make ced city WT? I'd jump off of that high horse your on and quit with the 'my city is better than your sewer of a city' routine. Its pretty tiresome.

and uh oh. A website says that Philly is the worst city in the world...It must be true, because let's face it, its on a website.
What do you think the bedlam would be like if the Eagles ever won the super bowl? I am thinking, like maybe the apocalypse.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
What do you think the bedlam would be like if the Eagles ever won the super bowl? I am thinking, like maybe the apocalypse.

Yea, my buddy and I (huge Birds fans) had this talk earlier today. Our celebration would probably involve teflon suits. Last night was crazy at Frankford and Cottman, but it wasnt like it is being shown on the news(down Broad Street). My a$$ got handed to me in the mosh pit, but the same guy that knocked me down, picked me up with a hug. Those scumbags that caused all the damage to stores and whatnot should do at least a year in the klink. (my friends and I had a running gag about firebombing a local Crown Chicken, first of its kind in our neighborhood, but we surpassed the 5 Points revelry for Fkd. & Cottman.) It probably never would have came to fruition anyways. Most storefronts(the smart ones at least) were boarded up in anticipation of outrageous behavior.

The comradeship shared last night between perfect strangers was a welcome sigh of relief for this too often tough, callous city. It was a most surreal feeling, one that would surely intensify if our Eagles would ever win the Bowl. That would really signify the end of the world, but we would all die happy people.

PS. Congrats to the Rays and their fans on a fantastic year! Expectations were exceeded and it has gone lost in the fracas what kind of year they really had. They just ran into a team of destiny, superb talent, and characteristic. Best of luck to them in the future!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 10-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Most storefronts(the smart ones at least) were boarded up in anticipation of outrageous behavior.

Does Mensa allow top 5 % testers in Philly?
Old 10-31-2008, 08:00 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Yea, my buddy and I (huge Birds fans) had this talk earlier today. Our celebration would probably involve teflon suits. Last night was crazy at Frankford and Cottman, but it wasnt like it is being shown on the news(down Broad Street). My a$$ got handed to me in the mosh pit, but the same guy that knocked me down, picked me up with a hug. Those scumbags that caused all the damage to stores and whatnot should do at least a year in the klink. (my friends and I had a running gag about firebombing a local Crown Chicken, first of its kind in our neighborhood, but we surpassed the 5 Points revelry for Fkd. & Cottman.) It probably never would have came to fruition anyways. Most storefronts(the smart ones at least) were boarded up in anticipation of outrageous behavior.

The comradeship shared last night between perfect strangers was a welcome sigh of relief for this too often tough, callous city. It was a most surreal feeling, one that would surely intensify if our Eagles would ever win the Bowl. That would really signify the end of the world, but we would all die happy people.

PS. Congrats to the Rays and their fans on a fantastic year! Expectations were exceeded and it has gone lost in the fracas what kind of year they really had. They just ran into a team of destiny, superb talent, and characteristic. Best of luck to them in the future!
If the Eagles would ever win the superbowl.... I really couldnt imagine what that would feel and be like. Absolute Crazyness!!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:30 PM
Hialeah Park

No sound to it but it still gives me chills! I was there!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkN8H4PUpWE

- Nathan Israel