Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-14-2014, 10:55 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by asudevil View Post
Chance to win you're football loss back to me?? Valentines Day Massacre?? Not!! Sun Devils get it done at home on Friday night!

I totally agree on Syracuse. I feel like they can run the entire table.....no losses.
That was a ugly loss. Just gave the game away.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Flemington

My brother and I did our $200 future last night. He got first pick based on coin flip, I got next two.
He took Cuse, I took Witch St and Kansas and he took Duke. Obviously its more then likely no one wins, we covered 4 of about 12 teams that can win it. Its not what team goes furthest, you gotta win it all.
We did our NBA one also. We take 4 teams each in that. I knew he was on OKC and the Clippers. So I took first pick and gave him next four. I took Miami. He took OKC,LA, Indiana and Portland. I got Miami,SA, Houston and GS. The NBA bet is like free money for me. How he left Houston and SA for Portland and LA is unexplainable. Plus for a bonus I have GS, who I still believe in and am confident they will go on a run.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Sha Tin

Troy Daniels should be on an NBA team
Old 02-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I have been wondering what you guys think of some of the top college players' chances at the NBA level. Guys like Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Smart, Embiid, Fair, Ennis, McDermott, etc.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 02-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
I have been wondering what you guys think of some of the top college players' chances at the NBA level. Guys like Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Smart, Embiid, Fair, Ennis, McDermott, etc.
Because the mid-Atlantic has turned into Siberia this year I have seen a lot more college hoops than usual.

Wiggins is going to be a really good player, Paul George but with a lot more pressure to preform early.

Parker is a star. You hate to make the comparison but closest thing to LeBron (offensively)that we've seen. Doesnt have his lateral quickness and has been a pretty spotty defender in the games I've seen. I saw rumors where he said he would consider coming back for a second year but that would be crazy. I guess a bit shorter Lamar Odom that shoots better and probably does less drugs and wont marry a Kardashian.

Randle looks like solid PF prospect. He has offensive skill but needs polish (better coaching) and might not be in NBA shape either as he has faded a little this season. Different players but I remember that a big concern about Kevin Love coming out of college was he seemed to be out of shape in college.

I havent seen Smart play a single game so I really have no idea.

Embiid could be a monster considering he has only been playing basketball for a few years. Very raw game but the Hakeem comparisons aren't crazy. Obviously he has to develop a offensive game and understand defensive concepts but talk about potential.

I think Fair is an ok prospect but wonder about defense since they only play zone. The fact that his shooting % has dropped this year is probably a negative especially 28% on 3 point shots. Probably the next Wesley Johnson.

Ennis is a natural playmaker. IMO he has a real good chance to be a top 10 PG at some point

McDermott can be a useful NBA player on a team that doesnt depend on him to guard wings on the perimeter. Maybe on a team with a strong post presence he can be a undersized stretch 4. At the very least a rotation player coming off the bench.

While I'd be considered a homer Nick Johnson would be a great 2nd rd pickup for a good team. He is versatile enough to play both guard positions, can shoot enough, can be a lock down defender and is a great athlete. If he was 6'6" he'd be a borderline lottery pick

I really like Rodney Hood.

Aaron Gordon really has a lot of work to do on his offense. His shooting beyond 10 feet has been poor. He is basket case on the FT line right now. He is a great athlete and a lockdown defender but he could use another year.

Selden from Kansas could be a sleeper of sorts if a late 1st round pick can be a sleeper. Same with CJ Wilcox from Washington. I still like Robinson from Michigan.

Last edited by Cannon Shell : 02-19-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Pretty amazing job by Tony Bennett growing the Virginia program he inherited into the 1st winner of the new stacked ACC.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:09 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Pretty amazing job by Tony Bennett growing the Virginia program he inherited into the 1st winner of the new stacked ACC.
One of the worst calls to end a game. Ever.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Because the mid-Atlantic has turned into Siberia this year I have seen a lot more college hoops than usual.

Wiggins is going to be a really good player, Paul George but with a lot more pressure to preform early.

Parker is a star. You hate to make the comparison but closest thing to LeBron (offensively)that we've seen. Doesnt have his lateral quickness and has been a pretty spotty defender in the games I've seen. I saw rumors where he said he would consider coming back for a second year but that would be crazy. I guess a bit shorter Lamar Odom that shoots better and probably does less drugs and wont marry a Kardashian.

Randle looks like solid PF prospect. He has offensive skill but needs polish (better coaching) and might not be in NBA shape either as he has faded a little this season. Different players but I remember that a big concern about Kevin Love coming out of college was he seemed to be out of shape in college.

I havent seen Smart play a single game so I really have no idea.

Embiid could be a monster considering he has only been playing basketball for a few years. Very raw game but the Hakeem comparisons aren't crazy. Obviously he has to develop a offensive game and understand defensive concepts but talk about potential.

I think Fair is an ok prospect but wonder about defense since they only play zone. The fact that his shooting % has dropped this year is probably a negative especially 28% on 3 point shots. Probably the next Wesley Johnson.

Ennis is a natural playmaker. IMO he has a real good chance to be a top 10 PG at some point

McDermott can be a useful NBA player on a team that doesnt depend on him to guard wings on the perimeter. Maybe on a team with a strong post presence he can be a undersized stretch 4. At the very least a rotation player coming off the bench.

While I'd be considered a homer Nick Johnson would be a great 2nd rd pickup for a good team. He is versatile enough to play both guard positions, can shoot enough, can be a lock down defender and is a great athlete. If he was 6'6" he'd be a borderline lottery pick

I really like Rodney Hood.

Aaron Gordon really has a lot of work to do on his offense. His shooting beyond 10 feet has been poor. He is basket case on the FT line right now. He is a great athlete and a lockdown defender but he could use another year.

Selden from Kansas could be a sleeper of sorts if a late 1st round pick can be a sleeper. Same with CJ Wilcox from Washington. I still like Robinson from Michigan.
The only solid reason he would have for coming back would be because they would be a lock to win title next year with him and Okafor playing together, along with that stud PG from Minny
Old 03-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
The only solid reason he would have for coming back would be because they would be a lock to win title next year with him and Okafor playing together, along with that stud PG from Minny
You can't stay when you are a top 3 pick. Makes no sense and will cost too much money to insure. The NCAA provides a insurance policy but I believe it only covers potential wages. He is probably gonna sign a $$$ deal with Nike that is far more than his initial contract would be worth. He wont get what LeBron got coming out of HS (90 million) but it wont be insignificant.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:38 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Here is the 5 star lock Final Four prediction.

Syracuse
Michigan St
Kansas
Wichita St

Cuse Vs Wichita St for the Championship
W/ the Shockers winning it all.
Take it to the bank.
Pretty close.
Now that I see a bracket, my FINAL 4 is....
Kansas
Creighton
Wichita St
Michigan St
Old 03-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Ocala Mike

Not much love for the Gators in here; they're strictly the one to beat. Foul line shooting their only (glaring) weakness.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Pretty close.
Now that I see a bracket, my FINAL 4 is....
Kansas
Creighton
Wichita St
Michigan St
I like the Shockers...heard on the radio driving in that the line on them to win it all was 15/1, I will have to check when I get home but that may not be too bad a play
Old 03-17-2014, 01:02 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
I like the Shockers...heard on the radio driving in that the line on them to win it all was 15/1, I will have to check when I get home but that may not be too bad a play
10-1 now
Old 03-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
They are not getting any love. Team made deep run last year and are back
Old 03-17-2014, 01:18 PM

Louisville as a 4 is a joke.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Louisville as a 4 is a joke.
Agreed...ridiculous. Ranked #3 and #5 in the polls along with being defending champs, yet somehow are a number 4 seed.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier View Post
Agreed...ridiculous. Ranked #3 and #5 in the polls along with being defending champs, yet somehow are a number 4 seed.
The conspiracy theorist in me says it was in part to make sure Wichita State doesn't make it out of that region.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Saratoga

What teams have the best chance of an upset in the first round from the
3-14,5-12,4-13 and 6-11 games
Old 03-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
What teams have the best chance of an upset in the first round from the
3-14,5-12,4-13 and 6-11 games
I have NC St beating up on St Louis in the "2nd round".

Louisville being a 4 is a joke.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 03-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Hialeah Park

Anybody else scratch their head last night with all the 'experts ' choosing Mich St??

I know they're getting Payne back at exactly the right time, but it was weird seeing them all in agreement when it came to Mich St's chances.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel