Default Robert Geller

New voice of WB. Congrats.

My money was on Vic Stauffer getting the position. I lost again
Old 05-22-2015, 12:18 PM
Oaklawn

It's Robert Gellar, Frederick.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:36 PM
Belmont Park

Sorry! Steve or Nick can you please correct that for me. Guy gets a great new position the least a jerk like me can do is get his name right..
Old 05-22-2015, 12:57 PM
Calder Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Guy gets a great new position the least a jerk like me can do is get his name right..
no big deal, Frank
Old 05-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Sorry! Steve or Nick can you please correct that for me. Guy gets a great new position the least a jerk like me can do is get his name right..
I'm going to tell Robert to start trolling you on Twitter as payback.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Saratoga

I'd have to think at this point Vic just doesn't want to move out of Cali and is waiting for Trevor to retire.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
I'd have to think at this point Vic just doesn't want to move out of Cali and is waiting for Trevor to retire.
thats what I have been thinkin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by robfla View Post
no big deal, Frank
"thats gold Jerry"
Old 05-23-2015, 12:50 AM
Randwyck

This may seem like a big stepup for Gellar. Its not. For those who don't know Gellar was the race caller at Hong Kong before he took the job in Seattle. It would be interesting to find out the reason he gave up one of the premium jobs in the world to take a job in the relative obscurity of the NW. Maybe he likes salmon fishing.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:19 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADJMK View Post
This may seem like a big stepup for Gellar. Its not. For those who don't know Gellar was the race caller at Hong Kong before he took the job in Seattle. It would be interesting to find out the reason he gave up one of the premium jobs in the world to take a job in the relative obscurity of the NW. Maybe he likes salmon fishing.
Have a heart.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:25 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZDyqGWLwDA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTZkwkYtgGE

Will be great to hear him back calling grass races. Wonder if he'll still be able to keep his winter gig in the desert known as Sunland Park.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:56 PM
Havre de Grace

Emerald Downs announced 22-year-old Matt Dinerman has been hired as track announcer through the remainder of the 2015 season. A native of San Diego, Dinerman replaces long-time announcer Robert Geller, who will succeed Dan Loiselle as the announcer at Woodbine in Toronto. Geller's final day at Emerald Downs is June 7. Dinerman called two races recently at Emerald Downs, and afterward track President Phil Ziegler officially offered the fledgling announcer the position. "We consider Matt Dinerman to be a very talented young man," Ziegler said. "He has a great aptitude for announcing races, and he figures to get even better with experience. It's great to have him on board." Dinerman begins his duties this week, observing and working with Geller until taking over full-time June 12. "Emerald Downs staff, horsemen and fans are all extremely enthusiastic about their racing and I am beyond thrilled to be joining their team this summer," Dinerman said. "I am extremely excited to get started." The timing is perfect for Dinerman, who recently graduated from Chapman University in Orange, California. Born July 13, 1992, he grew up attending the races at Del Mar and spent four summers walking hots for trainer John Sadler, and another two as part of the Del Mar publicity team. Em

Blaise Pascal
Old 05-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Sometimes people need a change. He did get a great schedule of pretty steady employment at Emerald, and then down to Sunland Park. I wonder if he will be keeping the Sunland Park gig?
Old 05-30-2015, 02:56 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Last time I looked, Toronto is on Lake Ontario and that would in the NE (or in SE Canada) and I'd have to believe the only salmon you would find around Toronto would be in a fish market or a restaurant but maybe I'm wrong.

Toronto is beautiful if you don't mind the winter cold.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:04 PM
Flemington

yep, you're wrong
Old 05-30-2015, 06:38 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
yep, you're wrong
Hehehehe...
Old 05-30-2015, 11:58 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGuido View Post
Last time I looked, Toronto is on Lake Ontario and that would in the NE (or in SE Canada) and I'd have to believe the only salmon you would find around Toronto would be in a fish market or a restaurant but maybe I'm wrong.

Toronto is beautiful if you don't mind the winter cold.
I think he might have been referring to why he had left the prestigious Hong Kong Jockey Club for the relative obscurity of the Pacific Northwest in the first place.

On a side note, I've been all across Canada (except the far Maritimes) and would rate Toronto towards the bottom of the list!
Old 05-31-2015, 12:17 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitan View Post
I think he might have been referring to why he had left the prestigious Hong Kong Jockey Club for the relative obscurity of the Pacific Northwest in the first place.

On a side note, I've been all across Canada (except the far Maritimes) and would rate Toronto towards the bottom of the list!
Really? You must be a lumber jack then . . . cool. Nothing against lumber jacks for sure. Like I said on another rather obscure thread . . . to each his own.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:06 AM
Gulfstream Park

West Coast Best Coast...

Had the pleasure of meeting Robert this weekend. Briefly chatted about his time in Hong Kong. A very kind and affable man that will no doubt be successful at Woodbine.

Here's his final Emerald call, which features the "Geller cam"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpJb5Of81iQ