Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2017, 03:38 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Blewitt no longer at NYRA; UPDATE: Gaudet's role expands

Not only is NYRA TV no more in NYC, they've also dumped Jason Blewett after 18 years.

DRF Live | David Grening | Jason Blewitt no longer at NYRA

Quote:
Jason Blewitt, who has worked at the New York Racing Association since 1998, was fired Thursday as the company eliminated his position as studio/television host.

Blewitt, 38, started working at NYRA part-time in the media communications department in the fall of 1998. He became full-time in May 2000. Blewitt eventually left the communications department and started working in the TV department where he hosted the nightly recap show on the MSG network for a decade while also hosting the daily in-studio simulcast show.

In 2016, Blewitt co-hosted the majority of the live daily shows from Belmont and Saratoga, which aired approximately four races a day on various cable outlets nationwide. That show is expected to return in the May and potentially be expanded, at least during Saratoga.

"I still love Thoroughbred racing more than anything," Blewitt said when reached Thursday afternoon. "I enjoyed my time at NYRA, essentially growing up at the NYRA."

On Thursday, Andy Serling worked solo in-studio, providing pre-race analysis for each race.

"We certainly appreciate Jason's contributions to the NYRA and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors," said Pat McKenna, director of communications & public affairs for NYRA.