Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Flemington

Default Sanchez....

The Jets will be good when they get a real NFL QB.

They should lose out and hope Locker falls to them.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
The Jets will be good when they get a real NFL QB.

They should lose out and hope Locker falls to them.
Offensively they sucked today as a unit. By no means did Sanchez play well, but he did throw some good balls that were dropped including one by Santonio Holmes in the endzone that I could have hauled in. Unfortunately that was the difference in one of the worst football games I have ever watched. That being said, the weather was awful and if there was an MVP for the game it would be the Dolphins punter who continuously changed the field position in the Dolphins favor.

Realistically, that one play that the Jets have seemed to get in a few games this year to win the game just never materialized today. It did look like they had one late, but Cotchery dropped that one.

I have a feeling that it might be a Red Alert in NY area tomorrow. Two bad games in a row and now they are staring at a road trip to Pittsburgh next week. As far as I'm concerned that's the game that will tell at least me what kind of team the Jets are in if they are indeed for real.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

9 quarters without a touchdown. 9. With that many weapons. Someone tell me how Schittenheimer still has a job. I hate him.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
9 quarters without a touchdown. 9. With that many weapons. Someone tell me how Schittenheimer still has a job. I hate him.
I think its your QB.

Quote:
I think its your QB.
You're a fu cking idiot who knows nothing about football.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Flemington

Quote:
You're a fu cking idiot who knows nothing about football.
Calm down fatty and this.
About what I expect from you.
6 weeks ago your all over me about the Pats.... Now you act like a ****ing little bitch when your team sucks and I heckle you a bit.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:00 PM
The Curragh

There is blame to go around to the entire offense today. The run blocking was HORRIBLE. There were a couple drops, but overall, Sanchez was awful again, and they have now proven 3 times they can't win when he plays that way despite getting a great defensive performance.

As far as Schitenheimer goes, sure, they are very predictable at times, especially first down. But the plays might look a lot different if they were executed properly.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
....yeah, its a fcking joke.......need to get back to basics. run the damn ball.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysheba4 View Post
....yeah, its a fcking joke.......need to get back to basics. run the damn ball.
Yeah yeah. The running game has been awful too. Defenses look like they know exactly what's coming from that silver spoon sucking douche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
Over 9.5 looking mighty shaky my friend.
I'm not your friend.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Yeah yeah. The running game has been awful too. Defenses look like they know exactly what's coming from that silver spoon sucking douche.

I'm not your friend.

Head coach Rex Ryan said in the post game interview he thought about benching Mark Sanchez.... I guess you also know more then the coach.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Offensively they sucked today as a unit. By no means did Sanchez play well, but he did throw some good balls that were dropped including one by Santonio Holmes in the endzone that I could have hauled in. Unfortunately that was the difference in one of the worst football games I have ever watched. That being said, the weather was awful and if there was an MVP for the game it would be the Dolphins punter who continuously changed the field position in the Dolphins favor.

Realistically, that one play that the Jets have seemed to get in a few games this year to win the game just never materialized today. It did look like they had one late, but Cotchery dropped that one.

I have a feeling that it might be a Red Alert in NY area tomorrow. Two bad games in a row and now they are staring at a road trip to Pittsburgh next week. As far as I'm concerned that's the game that will tell at least me what kind of team the Jets are in if they are indeed for real.

Math I like the team and the talent they have. I have said it for 3 weeks now. He is not a good NFL QB. Its plain and simple. I dont think he ever will be. If he proves me wrong so be it. This is the real Jets team. A team that will be destroyed by a team with any decent offense. Miami is not that, but NE is. They cant beat NE or Baltimore IMO. They cant beat Miami in NY and I dont think they can beat a healthy KC...... Sucks for them. Patriots are not beating teams they are DESTROYING TEAMS.

Calm down fatty.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Math I like the team and the talent they have. I have said it for 3 weeks now. He is not a good NFL QB. Its plain and simple. I dont think he ever will be. If he proves me wrong so be it. This is the real Jets team. A team that will be destroyed by a team with any decent offense. Miami is not that, but NE is. They cant beat NE or Baltimore IMO. They cant beat Miami in NY and I dont think they can beat a healthy KC...... Sucks for them. Patriots are not beating teams they are DESTROYING TEAMS.
The guy has been in the league less than 2 seasons! He has shown the flashes of brilliances that I saw in Eli Manning in his first 2 seasons. Sure there were times that he had me shaking my head, including once in a game in Buffalo in the year that they won the Super Bowl (in fact I started a thread about it). But the fact that he has had those moments of brilliance so far tells me that he can suceed in this league.

The rest of the offense (play calling) did him no favors today. They couldn't run the ball, he was hit often and they dropped some passes on him. No one else on offense stepped up and made a play and that's all they needed today. One Play!

My only concern about Sanchez would be his ability to play in poor weather conditions. Also, will he be able to carry the team in a game that they are not able to establish the run in.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Coach Pants

I'm not too impressed with Keller. Seems to have an attitude.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
I'm not too impressed with Keller. Seems to have an attitude.
I think the jury is still out on the kid. He also has shown he has the skills to be a player in this league. Also it seemed like he was Sanchez's favorite target early in the season. But ever since Santonio Holmes has came back, it just seems like every pass/play is designed for him. Where has Braylon Edwards been, what did they throw to him once today?

They have the weapons, I just don't know if it's the play calling or it's the QB focusing on one guy.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
The guy has been in the league less than 2 seasons! He has shown the flashes of brilliances that I saw in Eli Manning in his first 2 seasons. Sure there were times that he had me shaking my head, including once in a game in Buffalo in the year that they won the Super Bowl (in fact I started a thread about it). But the fact that he has had those moments of brilliance so far tells me that he can suceed in this league.

The rest of the offense (play calling) did him no favors today. They couldn't run the ball, he was hit often and they dropped some passes on him. No one else on offense stepped up and made a play and that's all they needed today. One Play!

My only concern about Sanchez would be his ability to play in poor weather conditions. Also, will he be able to carry the team in a game that they are not able to establish the run in.

I have never saw a flash of brillance from him.