Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Randwyck

Default Lloydobler back

Weather was miserable again yesterday, so we put off until this morning going over to see Lloyd who is back at Gary's Oklahoma stables.

This year I think the frost will be on the pumpkin a bit early in the Saratoga environs - there's definitley a fall nip in the air. The horses love it, but a great many workers are bundled up like Eskimos.

Lloyd looks very good, he's very happy, and he got a lovely pair of new shoes.

God love him - he's a sweet, lovable clown. It's such a pleasure spending time with him.

We've come to visit, LD

Do I see cookies?

Hey! Don't be feeding him cookies!

Finally, I get some cookies.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 08-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Ellis Park

I love to hear about and see pictures from your visits to Lloydobler. I look forward to seeing him later this week.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Randwyck

Great meeting up with you Unstable. Hope your trip back to LA was efficient and trouble-free

Lloyd (I affectionately refer to him as "The Mooch") on the Oklahoma surface this morning,

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 08-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Randwyck

Coming off the track

Walking off the heat

Old 08-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Randwyck

Back in his stall mooching for "cookies"

What's in the bag?

Please, please, please gimme what's in the bag before I unscrew my head.

I can look dignified if I'm given enough "cookies".

Actually, today was a bagful of carrots and apples. LD will eat anything.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Hollywood Park

He has the cutest clown-face.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Hollywood Park

Lather on the neck, good solid workout or fussing in the heat? Any news on how he went?
Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkGirl View Post
Lather on the neck, good solid workout or fussing in the heat? Any news on how he went?

He just did a jog around the track. This was about 9 a.m., and it was a pretty warm day.