Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-27-2010, 06:06 AM
Santa Anita

Default Pat Buchanan: "Whose country is this?"

Article here: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...&pageId=146341
Old 04-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Tropical Park

"Whose country is this?"

Trick question? I say the Indians. At least that's how it is in Oklahoma.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Idlewild Airport

Dinosaurs?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Flemington

trilobites
Old 04-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Flemington

"Let us see how many African-Americans, who are today frozen out of the 8 million jobs held by illegal aliens that might otherwise go to them or their children, will march to defend an invasion for which they are themselves paying the heaviest price."

That's a beauty.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydb View Post
Funny ... it's been pointed out in public that Tom Tancredo is vocally against the new AZ law.

Poor Pat ... he's living in 1958, but I sorta gotta like him anyway.

Quote:
Last year, while Americans were losing a net of 5 million jobs, the U.S. government – Bush and Obama both – issued 1,131,000 green cards to legal immigrants to come and take the jobs that did open up, a flood of immigrants equaled in only four other years in our history.

What are we doing to our own people?
I dunno, Pat. It appears you are saying those legal immigrants were more qualified than natural-born citizens for those jobs. So you're in favor of an affirmative-action gift-job kind of deal?
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 04-28-2010, 04:42 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Funny ... it's been pointed out in public that Tom Tancredo is vocally against the new AZ law.

Poor Pat ... he's living in 1958, but I sorta gotta like him anyway.

I dunno, Pat. It appears you are saying those legal immigrants were far cheaper than natural-born citizens for those jobs. So you're in favor of an affirmative-action gift-job kind of deal?
FTFY... Meanwhile the difference in salaries ends up in the pockets of Greedy CEO's and not back in the economy.

Damar Hamlin
Old 04-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
FTFY... Meanwhile the difference in salaries ends up in the pockets of Greedy CEO's and not back in the economy.
Are you against an American company hiring American workers, and making a profit because they can keep salaries low?

If I can hire Americans that can do the job at a lesser wage, I'm quite happy to take that business profit.

Do you have any justification for your position that the legal immigrants over the past couple of years are working for less? My impression from the news over this time has been that most of these are tech jobs, and these legal immigrants are better educated and simply more qualified than resident Americans.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 04-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Are you against an American company hiring American workers, and making a profit because they can keep salaries low?

If I can hire Americans that can do the job at a lesser wage, I'm quite happy to take that business profit.

Damar Hamlin
Old 04-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Okay, trying again:

Are you against an American company hiring American workers or legal immigrants, and making a profit because they can keep salaries low?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Coach Pants

I **** red rel gud cuz badd buuk lernin bud he daid he aginst ceo pai
Old 04-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Saratoga

Quote:

Do you have any justification for your position that the legal immigrants over the past couple of years are working for less? My impression from the news over this time has been that most of these are tech jobs, and these legal immigrants are better educated and simply more qualified than resident Americans.
So would you go to Goldman Sachs to get a report on the values of buying CDO's? Did it ever occur to you that those companies publishing the news that you are taking as gospel have an agenda? Is it remotely possible that they are outsourcing and are loaded up with H1B's? What would you expect them to say vis a vis the skillset? Bottom line is those jobs leaving means less buying power to fuel our economy or at least less buying power for the masses. You can't have 99% of the wealth in the hands of 1% of the people. FWIW my wife and are are in the top 95% of income but I am not blind that this country is in a death spiral. Read up on Norman Matloff a University of Cal professor and what he has to say about qualified US workers.

Damar Hamlin
Old 04-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
So would you go to Goldman Sachs to get a report on the values of buying CDO's? Did it ever occur to you that those companies publishing the news that you are taking as gospel have an agenda? Is it remotely possible that they are outsourcing and are loaded up with H1B's? What would you expect them to say vis a vis the skillset? Bottom line is those jobs leaving means less buying power to fuel our economy or at least less buying power for the masses. You can't have 99% of the wealth in the hands of 1% of the people. FWIW my wife and are are in the top 95% of income but I am not blind that this country is in a death spiral. Read up on Norman Matloff a University of Cal professor and what he has to say about qualified US workers.
Wow. That's quite a mishmash of broad, generalized assumption and multiple tangents. So your position is that Pat Buchannan's statement:

Quote:
Last year, while Americans were losing a net of 5 million jobs, the U.S. government – Bush and Obama both – issued 1,131,000 green cards to legal immigrants to come and take the jobs that did open up, a flood of immigrants equaled in only four other years in our history.
... isn't even true to start with.

And by the way - I give myself a base income, I take increasing percentages of profit as gross production increases, and I take 100% of all profit over certain levels. So I am speaking from the point of view of a greedy corporate CEO, I guess, who doesn't give that profit back to my employees.