Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Operator
Only took Chucky a year in TB, dalakhani

Probably not much ... it's that fourteenth season of Cowher's, though, that will probably always keep him a notch or two above Fat Andy on the head coaching scale.

As a Birds fan, I hope I'm wrong...
Who would you rather have in as HC, Booth?? I'll admit. After the Bungles fiasco, I thought for sure that change was needed/imminent. The fact is that these guys(players/coaches) never give up. That counts for something in this day and age. Look at the Cowgirls and Bucs esp., folding like 2-7 offsuit out of position. As okay as the Raiders have been playing as of late, there was no way the Bucs should have given up that lead in the 4th, NO WAY. Heartless.

Andy's light years ahead of any coach this franchise has EVER had. I'm not saying he's perfect, as no coach is, but he gives us a chance to win every year. All he needs to do is tweak up his playcalling(a little stale) and come to grips that we need a WR that demands a double-team that openS up the passing lanes for everyone else. An offense that predicates itself on throwing the ball as much as he does, should have the right parts in place. If that happens, we'll be FINE. We would have to take two steps backwards if we let him go and quite honestly, I don't see anyone out there worth the RISK.

I'll say it again for the millionth time. The worst thing that could've happened to this team, happened in '04. TO got hurt and we still got to the SB with guys like Thrash, Pinkston, and F. Mitchell. That right there gave the brass false assurance that we can get to teh promised land with 2nd and 3rd tier recievers. After that year, they thought it was his system that got us there and that we can interchange parts without using a true number 1 and still win.

Once he and Lurie realize this to be false, combined with a rushing attack that sets up the play-action (much like NYG), they will be in the hunt every year that they are together. God I this team, ringless and all. Brings a smile to my face everytime I think about this group. Even if they were to lose, I'll be fine with it, as long as Donovan comes back and my 2nd fave player Mikell keeps playing at this level. Not really, but that would ease the pain alittle.

GO BIRDS!!!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-31-2008, 10:06 AM
Gulfstream Park

Ah, fine poker metaphor there, pearlharbor

But don't ya think Fat Andy would look good in a Browns sweatshirt? lol

And yes ... GO BIRDS!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:53 AM
pgardn

There are quite a few bird teams in the playoffs this year.
I think the Seahawks are the only bird team out of the playoffs?

The mammals are always well represented.

The Chargers (if they really represent lightning) are the only
inanimate, almost massless team in the playoffs.