Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2008, 09:21 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
Look hooves you can spew all the s.hit about Favre you like...

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS before the last drive which resulted in an interception, Favre threw a perfect pass to the retarded brother of Bimbo Coles and it went through his butter fingers. This was before there was a two score deficit.

Pennington is f.ucking terrible and you guys will never win a Super Bowl with him. To compare him to a future Hall of Famer is ridiculous.
he did blow that catch..but in the bills game they got a total gift . hall of fame of not he should have retired..imo
Old 12-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
he did blow that catch..but in the bills game they got a total gift . hall of fame of not he should have retired..imo
In his situation given the options he had...yes.

We're not talking about a Rhodes scholar here. He's a tater from Mississippi who lucked out in the gene pool and got a cannon of an arm. Without it he'd be going from job to job and in and out of trouble with the law like many taters like him in the deep south.

It didn't help matters that he developed a severely narcissistic personality through the years while being coddled by the Packers organization. It also didn't help that he didn't have anyone close to him that had sense enough to tell him to sign contracts in his later years that would've enabled him to opt for free agency each year.

That's why he's a Jet. It's the black hole of the NFL and has tarnished his legacy.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Flemington

The Dolphins and the Falcons are both great stories anyway you cut it. Even if the fish were not to make the playoffs, to be where they are after a 1-15 season is remarkable.
As far as the Jets go, they really have no excuse. Since they rolled against the 2 really tough games on the schedule in the 2nd half (@ TENN/ @NE) they have been brutal. To score only 3 points against a team that has given up 20 or more in 12 out of 14 games this seson is unacceptable reguardless of the weather. When they were playing well they were running the ball all over the place and utilizing Dustin Keller. Now it seems that they get away from the run, to throw the ball to a bunch of average recievers. Also, why don't they use Leon Washington more? I'm not sure if it is coaching or was the personal they have just playing over their heads. Farve hasn't been good, but when he's made some good passes guys have dropped them. But it looks like he doesn't have the ability to carry a team anymore. It's just another collapse from a team/organization that continues to torchure their fans. For a while the Jets season had a special feeling to it, but everyone should have know better, they are still the same ole J-E-T-S, jets jets jets!
Old 12-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Jerome Park

while we are venting about our teams....

what about them eagles way to score a touchdown. cant believe brown didnt go in the ENDZONE!!?! the running game was winning us games and what does Reid do?? goes back to his stupid throw all the time ****.

the eagles suck. the jets might even be better than them!
Old 12-22-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
In regards to Leon Washington, they could probably use him a bit more, but he's not an every down back. He's too small. Plus, Thomas Jones leads the league in rushing. Your last few sentences are right on the money though. It's just another collapse. I thought they would improve this year, but to be honest, they improved a lot more than i expected. They have had a good year, but choked, as usual, when it mattered.

They had no choice with pennington. He couldn't even get the ball to his receivers last season. I, like everyone else thought his arm was shot. When you get a chance at a QB like Favre, you have to take it. It was either get rid of pennington, or Clemens and Clemens is a lot younger and I believe Pennington wanted a chance to play somewhere. Did anyone think pennington was going to have a season like this? Weren't the Dolphins the only team that wanted him?
yes i think your right..no one was falling over to get him..but in his defence hes just good enough to be dangerous. maybee the jets teams he was on were not that great and the injurys hes had made him look worse than he is.
a team with some momentum is a danger to anyone..hes about as good as orton..no great skills.but doesent throw games away by doing stupid things..its really just another fantasic set of moves by the real brains ..parcells

Last edited by hoovesupsideyourhead : 12-22-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:01 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
In his situation given the options he had...yes.

We're not talking about a Rhodes scholar here. He's a tater from Mississippi who lucked out in the gene pool and got a cannon of an arm. Without it he'd be going from job to job and in and out of trouble with the law like many taters like him in the deep south.

It didn't help matters that he developed a severely narcissistic personality through the years while being coddled by the Packers organization. It also didn't help that he didn't have anyone close to him that had sense enough to tell him to sign contracts in his later years that would've enabled him to opt for free agency each year.

That's why he's a Jet. It's the black hole of the NFL and has tarnished his legacy.

Scuds? Is that you?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Golden Gate

I've been a Jets fan since they started. This collapse is just par for the course. They suck and they always will. KP
Old 12-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Flemington

Quote:
In regards to Leon Washington, they could probably use him a bit more, but he's not an every down back. He's too small. Plus, Thomas Jones leads the league in rushing. Your last few sentences are right on the money though. It's just another collapse. I thought they would improve this year, but to be honest, they improved a lot more than i expected. They have had a good year, but choked, as usual, when it mattered.

They had no choice with pennington. He couldn't even get the ball to his receivers last season. I, like everyone else thought his arm was shot. When you get a chance at a QB like Favre, you have to take it. It was either get rid of pennington, or Clemens and Clemens is a lot younger and I believe Pennington wanted a chance to play somewhere. Did anyone think pennington was going to have a season like this? Weren't the Dolphins the only team that wanted him?
I agree that he's probably too small to be used as an every down back (they said that about Tiki Barber too). Plus Jones has been very good this season. But to give him only 3 touches on a day where you score 3 points is no good. They should try to use him like the Saints use Reggie Bush. Maybe a special package of plays for him, he is a playmaker.
As far as the QB situation goes, I thought it was the right move. You would have thought that Farve would have been able to put the team on his back for 1-2 wins. Unfortunately he has not and his play has been very sketchy. I guess the picks would have been worth it if they made the playoffs. But now you are looking at not making the playoffs and a reasonable chance Farve will go back into retirement. So the team that had so much promise earlier in the season will be starting next year with Kellen Clemnens or maybe a new free agent (Matt Cassel anyone?) under center. Personally, I thought that they had opportunities to draft other (maybe better) options at QB. Guys like Cutler, Quinn and even Leinart ( I know he hasn't been good). You mentioned Pennington, there is a chance that the Jets would be in even better shape if he was still here. Really how many games has Farve won by airing balls out downfield? Not to mention the interceptions. He certainly isn't the Brett Farve the Jets thought they were getting.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I agree the QB situation is scary at best. I was talking to a friend last night about it. If Favre retires, the jets will need to go out and get a new QB. Clemens is a season or two away from being an arena league QB. he's not an NFL starter. i just don't know if the Jets are 9-6 at this point in the year without Favre there. He might not have carried the team, but his play hasn't been that bad.
I think the arena league went under so Clemons is really screwed
Old 12-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Havre de Grace

The Jets-Dolphins game has been flexed to 4:15 PM EST by the way.

As far as the Texans, the offensive line has been considerably better this year. Of course, when the unit you're discussing is as bad as the Texans' O-Line has been, even a modicum of improvement is noteworthy.

The Texans need to get tougher on defense and that will come with the addition of someone in the secondary. They have lacked a good, tough safety for the life of the franchise and yesterday Oakland exposed that weakness. Yes, good God, Oakland threw the ball effectively all game long.

Slaton was a terrific pick-up where they got him in the draft and he has paid many more dividends than first-round pick Duane Brown. A complement to Slaton at RB a la Le' Ron McClain or someone with size would be helpful. Slaton has held up very well but at his size I'm concerned about his durability.

The Texans should be considered a contender next year but the problem remains that even at their best they are the #3 team in their division. Next year's schedule will include the juggernaut that is the NFC West, so visits to Arizona and St. Louis will be joined by home games against San Francisco and Seattle. All in all, the Texans should be much better next year.

NT
Old 12-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Jerome Park

Favre & McNabb = the two most ovahrated QB's evah!
Old 12-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Flemington

Quote:
NFL Europe?
Like the Titanic!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Old 12-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
Favre & McNabb = the two most ovahrated QB's evah!
I personally disagree with both. As far as McNabb goes, in my opinion the Eagles organization has done an extremely poor job of giving him the weapons he's needed. He had a stud (whether you like him or not) WR one year and they ended up going to the Super Bowl. The cast of recievers he has had since he's been there is laughable, Freddie Mitchell come on! Even Desean Jackson, has upside but doesn't exactly send fear into eyes (huge drop yesterday). I think Mcnabb is a warrior and comes to play every week. He hasn't been loved by alot of people since day one and seems to be the focus/target when things go wrong. I know the Cincy game didn't help his standing there either. I always say the key to beating the birds is stopping Westbrook, that's because McNabb doesn't have anyone else to throw to.

I will leave the Farve defense to the resident Packer fans.
Paging GBBOB ................
Old 12-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
I personally disagree with both. As far as McNabb goes, in my opinion the Eagles organization has done an extremely poor job of giving him the weapons he's needed. He had a stud (whether you like him or not) WR one year and they ended up going to the Super Bowl. The cast of recievers he has had since he's been there is laughable, Freddie Mitchell come on! Even Desean Jackson, has upside but doesn't exactly send fear into eyes (huge drop yesterday). I think Mcnabb is a warrior and comes to play every week. He hasn't been loved by alot of people since day one and seems to be the focus/target when things go wrong. I know the Cincy game didn't help his standing there either. I always say the key to beating the birds is stopping Westbrook, that's because McNabb doesn't have anyone else to throw to.

I will leave the Farve defense to the resident Packer fans.
Paging GBBOB ................
while they are both skilled at their position.... mcnabb and favre have always been very hot or cold... and are not consistant. They both make a lot of dumb throws.

At least Favre has it in him to win the big game... (SB obviously), McNabb RARELY plays well in a real big game.

Back when the Eagles were making runs every year... the defense was absolutely stacked. People give McNabb too much credit.. the Eagles were a better team with Garcia under center and they looked real good with Feely too.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
The Jets-Dolphins game has been flexed to 4:15 PM EST by the way.

As far as the Texans, the offensive line has been considerably better this year. Of course, when the unit you're discussing is as bad as the Texans' O-Line has been, even a modicum of improvement is noteworthy.

The Texans need to get tougher on defense and that will come with the addition of someone in the secondary. They have lacked a good, tough safety for the life of the franchise and yesterday Oakland exposed that weakness. Yes, good God, Oakland threw the ball effectively all game long.

Slaton was a terrific pick-up where they got him in the draft and he has paid many more dividends than first-round pick Duane Brown. A complement to Slaton at RB a la Le' Ron McClain or someone with size would be helpful. Slaton has held up very well but at his size I'm concerned about his durability.

The Texans should be considered a contender next year but the problem remains that even at their best they are the #3 team in their division. Next year's schedule will include the juggernaut that is the NFC West, so visits to Arizona and St. Louis will be joined by home games against San Francisco and Seattle. All in all, the Texans should be much better next year.

NT
homer
Old 12-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
NFL Europe?
no mas either
Old 12-22-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell