#Grand
Old 09-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Thistley Downs

Winnipeg Jets!!

Ya baby!!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Arlington Park

pats, steelers, jags, chargers.
bills, texans. most of the AFC sucks, so thow darts for the wildcard. the browns are over-rated but i wouldn't be surprised to see them replace the the steelers in the playoffs.
if the steelers o-line doesn't play better than last season, they are out of the playoffs.

cowboys, vikings, saints, seahawks
giants, bucs.
NFC should just put All the east in the playoffs and have everyone else sit at home.

jags-seahawks.
seahawks win it for retiring coach.
honestly, the whole nfl is .500 and the play through the whole league is terrible!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide
pats, steelers, jags, chargers.
bills, texans. most of the AFC sucks, so thow darts for the wildcard. the browns are over-rated but i wouldn't be surprised to see them replace the the steelers in the playoffs.
if the steelers o-line doesn't play better than last season, they are out of the playoffs.

cowboys, vikings, saints, seahawks
giants, bucs.
NFC should just put All the east in the playoffs and have everyone else sit at home.

jags-seahawks.
seahawks win it for retiring coach.
honestly, the whole nfl is .500 and the play through the whole league is terrible!

I pretty much agree with this statement, which is why I think the Patriots have a real shot of going 16-0 again. They're the only team I really think is good, the rest of them are a couple field goals difference from 11-5 and 5-11
Old 09-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
I pretty much agree with this statement, which is why I think the Patriots have a real shot of going 16-0 again. They're the only team I really think is good, the rest of them are a couple field goals difference from 11-5 and 5-11
the pats defense is another year older and slower. their DB's showed their age at the end of the season and especially in the super bowl. the pats will have trouble in close games because of the defense. IF brady goes down pats don't make the playoffs.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Newmarket

Thumbs up

Quote:
the pats defense is another year older and slower. their DB's showed their age at the end of the season and especially in the super bowl. the pats will have trouble in close games because of the defense. IF brady goes down pats don't make the playoffs.
This is true.

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 09-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Newmarket

Thumbs up Enjoying this 7pm special starting time!

Wouldn't it be great if ALL the NFL night games started at 7pm.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Of course.

Like I said, the teams are all so close together, one injury changes everything.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Newmarket

and so begins the Zorn era in our nation's capital.....

same old Skins.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff

same old Skins.

3rd and 5? throw it 3...why take a chance?

2nd and 25? Run it up the gut.

Deja vu.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:50 PM
The Curragh

Quote:

same old Skins.

1) No Hurry Up of any kind for almost the entire 4th quarter down 2 scores

2) The beginning of the end for Jason from Auburn.....still not an NFL QB.

This is not the same ole skins.....it's worse offensively. Zorn will split a few heads like he did with Jansen. If Zorn goes down he won't be loading the gun with the same bullets
Old 09-05-2008, 05:42 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3

This is not the same ole skins.....it's worse offensively. Zorn will split a few heads like he did with Jansen. If Zorn goes down he won't be loading the gun with the same bullets
not taking up for a barner but this is a Bad system fit for campbell. the best QB for the skins system right now is probably brennen. he ran the run-n-shoot at Hawaii, that's what the west coast offense really is.
the nfl is all about being in the right system, on the right team, at the right time.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:53 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Wouldn't it be great if ALL the NFL night games started at 7pm.
It is great for us on the East Coast! The rest of the country and the advertisers, not so much.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
not taking up for a barner but this is a Bad system fit for campbell. the best QB for the skins system right now is probably brennen. he ran the run-n-shoot at Hawaii, that's what the west coast offense really is.
the nfl is all about being in the right system, on the right team, at the right time.
The west coast offense and the run and shoot are two completely different offenses with the only real common thread being that they are both based on passing.

First of all, a run and shoot doesnt utilize a tight end or a traditional full back. it uses two slots, two wides and a single back.

The west coast, which has a million variations these days, in its original form lined up just like a regular pro set w/ one tight end or a three wide.

Most importantly, the run and shoot is based on option routes by the receiver based on coverage basically making each route "hot". West Coast are traditional scripted routes.

I do agree that Campbell isnt a west coast QB. I dont know about Brennan either but Cambell is not the answer...nor is that coach.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:12 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3

WOW, they really let the ball go down field last night. That west coast offense was pinpoint. I especially enjoyed the 8 yard routes when they needed 10 for a 1st down. Also the guard trap on your own 15 yard line down 2 scores with under 6 minutes left. Zero no huddle offensive plays, and even to spike the ball it took campbell 15 seconds.

call me a hater whatever, Zorn is gonna have a rough year if this is his idea of spreading out the offense. You draft a TE in the 2nd round and you throw 1 ball to Cooley all game.

I'm a die hard skins fan, but Campbell is not gonna cut it in this system or this team. It was a stretch for the skins to pick him up when they did, i didn't think he was a 1st round qb ala patrick ramsey. But in the end, its a good thing we only gave up 2 first rounders (1 in the same year and one in the following year to denver) to get this guy.

Colt Brennan will be making an appearence this year

-bt-
Old 09-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT-
I'm a die hard skins fan, but Campbell is not gonna cut it in this system or this team. It was a stretch for the skins to pick him up when they did, i didn't think he was a 1st round qb ala patrick ramsey. But in the end, its a good thing we only gave up 2 first rounders (1 in the same year and one in the following year to denver) to get this guy.

Colt Brennan will be making an appearence this year
No one is going to look good running a west coast offense with the mighty midgets at WR and a coach that won't allow you to change the plays at the line. It just isn't going to work. They banked on the big guys they drafted being able to come in and help immediately instead of signing a Bryant Johnson type and it backfired.

I'd think the bigger concern for the Skins would be how easily Jacobs ran down their throat.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
No one is going to look good running a west coast offense with the mighty midgets at WR and a coach that won't allow you to change the plays at the line. It just isn't going to work. They banked on the big guys they drafted being able to come in and help immediately instead of signing a Bryant Johnson type and it backfired.

I'd think the bigger concern for the Skins would be how easily Jacobs ran down their throat.
Or how an injured Plaxico catches ten balls for 120+. I thought they did a good job on the pass as a whole and got significant pressure on Eli. All things considered, a B for the defense.

As always , constant flux in personnel and staff leads to mismatches between player and scheme.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
I have to be honest...Campbell is not that good.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
Or how an injured Plaxico catches ten balls for 120+. I thought they did a good job on the pass as a whole and got significant pressure on Eli. All things considered, a B for the defense.

As always , constant flux in personnel and staff leads to mismatches between player and scheme.
Is there such thing as an uninjured Plaxico? He looked about as healthy as he's ever looked last night although he did alligator arm the one time.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:15 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23

well jacobs is a down hill runner, so he doesn't do that just to the skins. I thought the defense played well, though they couldn't get off the field for 3rd downs. Offense didn't help them out at all, theywere 3 and out a bunch of times. DB's looked like sh!t, 3 int's dropped one in the endzone.

As far as Bryant Johnson, that guy wasn't gonna be the difference in a good or bad west coast offense. I don't care if you have 6'6 guy or 5'4 guy, when the qb doesn't take shots down the field and refuses to pass the ball pass the sticks, and has zero pocket presence, Art Monk couldn't even help this kid out.

-bt-