Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Irving is the key to this whole thing, in a sense..... He either wants to win and is the 2/2b or he clashes with Lebron and keeps gunning and doing dumb ****. If that's the case this team has no chance at all. I just assumed Irving would know his role. Maybe not. Waiters is enough of an issue, with his gunning and thinking he is the man, Irving cant be that also. Again I just assumed these guys would realize who they are playing with and fall into place.
This is about the coach as much as it is about the players. The Bulls look very good already with missing pieces cause Thibs demands people know their roles.

How any of those clowns could think they are the man in Cleveland, with LeBron there, is ridiculous. LeBron will take them to the woodshed and they will be fine.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:07 AM
Del Mar

Went to the wizards-cavs game last night. Some random observations:

- Kevin love is simply overrated and I can't believe they traded wiggins and Bennett for him. Offensively he is a pure pick and pop guy with limited post moves. Defensively he is a pure liability. He is much smaller than listed and the wiz went to whoever he was guarding in the post like a pack of lions go to a wounded gazelle. It is clear the 20/10 he put up in Minnesota were empty stats on bad teams. A solid player on the right team for sure but a max player worthy of two number ones? No way.

- dion Waiters is a better defender than advertised and is trying to fit in. Just seems lost right now but is no longer jacking shots and giving clear paths. I was impressed.

- Kyrie Irving did exactly what king glorious said. When they got down he would dribble the shot clock down to 4 seconds and either chuck it up or dish to someone to bail him out. Defensively, he made john wall look like Pre injury Derrick rose.

-Lebron is playing too many minutes. Way too many minutes. You could blame sub patterns but what else can that coach do?

You know what I would do with this team? I would say screw it and go really small. I would play love at five, Lebron at 4 and spread shooters around them. They are too small anyway and at least love will be able to draw the bigs away from the basket.

Something crazier I would consider? Bring Kyrie off the bench. I know, I know- he won't go for it. At the same time, it could really help this team. Thoughts?
Old 11-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Went to the wizards-cavs game last night. Some random observations:

- Kevin love is simply overrated and I can't believe they traded wiggins and Bennett for him. Offensively he is a pure pick and pop guy with limited post moves. Defensively he is a pure liability. He is much smaller than listed and the wiz went to whoever he was guarding in the post like a pack of lions go to a wounded gazelle. It is clear the 20/10 he put up in Minnesota were empty stats on bad teams. A solid player on the right team for sure but a max player worthy of two number ones? No way.

- dion Waiters is a better defender than advertised and is trying to fit in. Just seems lost right now but is no longer jacking shots and giving clear paths. I was impressed.

- Kyrie Irving did exactly what king glorious said. When they got down he would dribble the shot clock down to 4 seconds and either chuck it up or dish to someone to bail him out. Defensively, he made john wall look like Pre injury Derrick rose.

-Lebron is playing too many minutes. Way too many minutes. You could blame sub patterns but what else can that coach do?

You know what I would do with this team? I would say screw it and go really small. I would play love at five, Lebron at 4 and spread shooters around them. They are too small anyway and at least love will be able to draw the bigs away from the basket.

Something crazier I would consider? Bring Kyrie off the bench. I know, I know- he won't go for it. At the same time, it could really help this team. Thoughts?
I like the play small idea. Lebron has guarded other 4's in the playoffs anyway. Anderson and Tristan would be huge energy guys off the bench. I still think they win the east, just by default, but who knows.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

The small thing might be a good idea. Similar to what Miami did.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 12-05-2014, 12:04 AM

Steph Curry is really, really good.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 12-05-2014, 12:37 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
Steph Curry is really, really good.
That Anthony Davis dude ain't bad either.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:19 AM

He's incredible. He's fast approaching that "if you were starting a team, who would you take first?" conversation.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Cleveland wins it all. Ill take Lebron for the next 3-5 years, especially if he stays so healthy. Irving is better then Wade right now, Love is better then Bosh. Should be a great year. I expect another step forward from Golden St. I think its Cleveland vs Golden St for the championship.

Westbrook going off right now. 35 points with 6min left in the 3rd. He is going to average 30-35 until KD comes back, and he will take close to 30 shots a night. He loves it.
This dude is sharp.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Longchamps

Cavs much better when love got hurt
Old 06-11-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
And Irving to be honest, kinda scary to think what they could be though if those 2 buy into playing D and sharing the ball. Imagine Thompsons 15 rebounds and Delly's D and energy off the bench. I think the series is tonight. Cavs win its over GS wins, they take home court back and they are back to heavy chalks.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:04 PM
Del Mar

Hope the games better than this Usher opening...

What is going on in the stands anyway
Old 06-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Del Mar

Well Morty would be mortified if he saw how little attention being made to the CAVS.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:19 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
This was easy to buy into when they kept winning in playoffs and even I might have a bit, but it was so untrue. In the end they won "despite" the Love and Irving injuries not "because" of them which became a cool narrative. I do think they missed what Irving can do more than what Love can do in the finals. But they missed both of them in the end. A lot. They went 34-9 to finish the regular season with Love and Irving. They played great because JR Smith was their 4th scoring option, not their 2nd.

It's much easier playing a bit of a banged up Bulls and Hawks teams rather than a healthy golden state to think they are better without Love. Playing out the finals was clear indication that "no, they are not much better". There's every chance they may have lost the finals with a healthy Irving and Love, but I'm not sure. I am sure they lost the finals without both of them.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:48 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
This was easy to buy into when they kept winning in playoffs and even I might have a bit, but it was so untrue. In the end they won "despite" the Love and Irving injuries not "because" of them which became a cool narrative. I do think they missed what Irving can do more than what Love can do in the finals. But they missed both of them in the end. A lot. They went 34-9 to finish the regular season with Love and Irving. They played great because JR Smith was their 4th scoring option, not their 2nd.

It's much easier playing a bit of a banged up Bulls and Hawks teams rather than a healthy golden state to think they are better without Love. Playing out the finals was clear indication that "no, they are not much better". There's every chance they may have lost the finals with a healthy Irving and Love, but I'm not sure. I am sure they lost the finals without both of them.
Totally agree with Irving. They were lost without him and needed another ball handler. Don't agree on Love. Thompson played fantastic on both sides of the court. His rebounding and aggressiveness gave Cleveland multiple opportunities and he was great on defense. I thought besides Lebron he was reason the were able to win any games.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:49 PM

People also forget AV he was a starter. Imagine Thompson with all that energy off the bench? If Golden St lost Bogut early for the year, then lost Green and Thompson where would they be? What Lebron did this year is amazing and will never truly be appreciated.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:43 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Totally agree with Irving. They were lost without him and needed another ball handler. Don't agree on Love. Thompson played fantastic on both sides of the court. His rebounding and aggressiveness gave Cleveland multiple opportunities and he was great on defense. I thought besides Lebron he was reason the were able to win any games.
Love was beneficial mainly early in the game. The team's pattern in regular season was normally in close games Thompson was in in the 4th rather than Love due to the defense, but those 15 to 20 points by Love came in handy!! Love's 7 to 9 defensive boards a game also relieved LeBron of that duty which he picked up in the playoffs. LeBron had his lowest rebounding average of his career this season, but averaged over 11 in the playoffs mainly due to Love's injury....he had to pick up that slack. Thompson did average over 26 minutes per game in regular season. I think both him and LeBron wore down in the 4th quarter of games in the Golden State series due to over use. They were both playing 8 to 10 minutes more than normal per game due to the injuries. I don't think they definitely win the series without the injuries as many Cleveland fans are saying, but the chances certainly would have been better. Love had a good year. He averaged about 17 and 10 and shot the 3 well....37 percent. I honestly don't know why so many were down on him all season.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:29 PM
Arlington Park

All off-season decisions go through LeBronCorp.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:52 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Cleveland wins it all. Ill take Lebron for the next 3-5 years, especially if he stays so healthy. Irving is better then Wade right now, Love is better then Bosh. Should be a great year. I expect another step forward from Golden St. I think its Cleveland vs Golden St for the championship.

Westbrook going off right now. 35 points with 6min left in the 3rd. He is going to average 30-35 until KD comes back, and he will take close to 30 shots a night. He loves it.
The year of RhT fan continues! Nice call!
Old 06-19-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
The year of RhT fan continues! Nice call!
Cavs vs GS parlay was over 50-1 at the time I predicted it on sportsinteraction.com
Old 06-19-2015, 10:35 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Cavs vs GS parlay was over 50-1 at the time I predicted it on sportsinteraction.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6364ItTQwUw

This is why they lost.