Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2020, 09:25 PM
Keeneland

Off topic but highly entertaining watching one of Venetian Harbor’s owner have a two day meltdown on Twitter accusing Rosario, Ron Anderson and Baffert of colluding to not go after Gamine early.

I thought it was a s.hit ride but I’ve also seen Rosario do stuff like that a lot.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:56 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Off topic but highly entertaining watching one of Venetian Harbor’s owner have a two day meltdown on Twitter accusing Rosario, Ron Anderson and Baffert of colluding to not go after Gamine early.

I thought it was a s.hit ride but I’ve also seen Rosario do stuff like that a lot.
Maybe he should be kicking himself for pressing on in another two turn race after getting drilled in the Fantasy. Why wasn't she in the Acorn?

Both those filly's look like run-offs that refuse to settle. If Rosario let go of his hammerlock all that would have been accomplished was probably an early end to Venetian Harbor's season and possibly Baffert having a rethink for Gamine by targeting the BC FM Sprint rather than the KY Oaks/BC Distaff.

At least now they can try another Venetian Harbor reboot by tossing her into a turf race...preferably a Grade 3 and not the Garden City or Queen Elizabeth.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:19 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Maybe he should be kicking himself for pressing on in another two turn race after getting drilled in the Fantasy. Why wasn't she in the Acorn?

Both those filly's look like run-offs that refuse to settle. If Rosario let go of his hammerlock all that would have been accomplished was probably an early end to Venetian Harbor's season and possibly Baffert having a rethink for Gamine by targeting the BC FM Sprint rather than the KY Oaks/BC Distaff.

At least now they can try another Venetian Harbor reboot by tossing her into a turf race...preferably a Grade 3 and not the Garden City or Queen Elizabeth.
The Garden City became the Belmont Oaks in 2014.

You were on quite a roll until this tragic error.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:40 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
The Garden City became the Belmont Oaks in 2014.

You were on quite a roll until this tragic error.
I knew it was wrong, too, but was too lazy to look it up. Should have covered my tracks with a "or whatever it's called now" cop out.

But I refuse to let Martin Panza dictate my Google searches.

Anyways, I'm only posting to coax Freddy out of his current once-every-2-months posting diet.

Somehow he's become King of the One Liners...
Old 08-11-2020, 08:17 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

The best was him complaining about Baffert and his medication overages, while his trainer was just suspended in May for....you guessed it....a medication overage.

Several people brought it up and he ignored it everytime choosing to only respond to people who support his whining. Based on this, I anticipate a long career in the game.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:18 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

Anyways, I'm only posting to coax Freddy out of his current once-every-2-months posting diet.
Please...have a heart.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:47 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
The best was him complaining about Baffert and his medication overages, while his trainer was just suspended in May for....you guessed it....a medication overage.

Several people brought it up and he ignored it everytime choosing to only respond to people who support his whining. Based on this, I anticipate a long career in the game.
He sort of walked things back a bit anyway with this tweet:

https://twitter.com/Domsavides/statu...179704320?s=20

Basically saying he's got no proof of anything and was full of crap. I can understand maybe he was annoyed but his allegations were baseless.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:14 PM
Keeneland

Yeah I mean I was annoyed at the ride too but didn’t see it as collusion. I bet a closer so was hoping for a faster pace.

I guess his issue was the plan was to send hard and Rosario did the opposite, so I get the frustration. But taking to twitter so a bunch of morons can agree with you isn’t the best course of action for an owner. It was amusing though.