Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2020, 04:42 PM
Steve Byk

Default 7/11 (KEE): Jenny Wiley, Ashland, Madison (G1's), Blue Grass (G2), more

Last edited by Kasept : 07-10-2020 at 05:04 AM.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:48 PM
Steve Byk

CROSS COUNTRY P5

Leg A Keeneland-6 Shakertown-G3
Leg B Delaware-7 Robert Dick-G3
Leg C Keeneland-8 Jenny Wiley-G1
Leg D Keeneland-9 Blue Grass-G2
Leg E Belmont-Race-9 NY-ALW
Old 07-08-2020, 08:21 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Glad to see Swiss Skydiver in the Blue Grass. I actually think this is an easier spot than the Ashland as I think Venetian Harbor may be better than anything she'll face in the Blue Grass.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 07-08-2020, 08:33 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
Glad to see Swiss Skydiver in the Blue Grass. I actually think this is an easier spot than the Ashland as I think Venetian Harbor may be better than anything she'll face in the Blue Grass.
I vow to no longer respond to obvious trolling. I gotta give you credit....this is some funny bait you have thrown out.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I vow to no longer respond to obvious trolling. I gotta give you credit....this is some funny bait you have thrown out.
My friend, we've been adversaries long enough. You know I don't troll. I say what I feel. I'm just not one to go with the conventional and safe all the time. I've always liked fillies against the boys. None of the boys in this Blue Grass look like Candy Ride to me and the way the girls have run since Oaklawn makes me believe they are legit and as fast as the boys. If I'm wrong and neither Swiss Skydiver or Venetian Harbor runs worth a damn, you'll just think of me as an idiot. Kind of like you already do. So it's a no lose situation for me.

By the way, I have never told you but I enjoy your work on TVG.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 07-09-2020, 06:06 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
My friend, we've been adversaries long enough. You know I don't troll. I say what I feel. I'm just not one to go with the conventional and safe all the time. I've always liked fillies against the boys. None of the boys in this Blue Grass look like Candy Ride to me and the way the girls have run since Oaklawn makes me believe they are legit and as fast as the boys. If I'm wrong and neither Swiss Skydiver or Venetian Harbor runs worth a damn, you'll just think of me as an idiot. Kind of like you already do. So it's a no lose situation for me.

By the way, I have never told you but I enjoy your work on TVG.
We get it, you're essentially a one trick pony with other people's horses....run the girls against the boys. If Swiss Skydiver never wins a Grade 1, her connections can look back to 7/11 as the day they made a questionable decision. In this particular case I see a trainer who has made many grandiose choices that gathered attention but drew poor results. Not what I would do, but not my horse either. I wish them luck. It's not a particularly strong race, though much more challenging than a Grade 1 in her division on the same day, and one that could lead to further questionable choices.

But, you are trolling, and your last line proves it...unless you want to choose option B...which doesn't speak well of your powers of deduction.

How much are you betting on Swiss Skydiver on Saturday? I would hate to think you aren't putting your money where you think others should be putting theirs.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
We get it, you're essentially a one trick pony with other people's horses....run the girls against the boys. If Swiss Skydiver never wins a Grade 1, her connections can look back to 7/11 as the day they made a questionable decision. In this particular case I see a trainer who has made many grandiose choices that gathered attention but drew poor results. Not what I would do, but not my horse either. I wish them luck. It's not a particularly strong race, though much more challenging than a Grade 1 in her division on the same day, and one that could lead to further questionable choices.

But, you are trolling, and your last line proves it...unless you want to choose option B...which doesn't speak well of your powers of deduction.

How much are you betting on Swiss Skydiver on Saturday? I would hate to think you aren't putting your money where you think others should be putting theirs.
This is kind of dumb sir. I said i enjoy your work. I meant it. There's no need for me to say it if I didn't believe it. If you chose to believe i'm trolling you, that's your right. I know i mean it.

I don't own horses. I suspect most of us on here don't so most of the opinions we give on here involve us giving opinions on what others should do or should have done with their horses. Would I always follow my own suggestions if I was in the position of the owners? I'd like to think so but it's quite possible that I wouldn't. The beauty of forums like these is unlike you, most of us are just fans so we can talk about the sport from a different angle, an angle that is slanted more towards what we would like to see rather than what's best for the principals involved. That shouldn't be mistaken for not understanding that being 1/9 in a grade one against your own sex is a more logical spot than being 6/1 third choice in a an open grade one. That shouldn't be mistaken for not understanding how valuable that grade one is on the resume. I know how important the resume is in a breeding career.

How much I'll bet, I don't know. Depends on how the day has gone prior to that race. I've never divulged how much I bet before and I won't start with this race. To me, that information is and always has been private. Proving it to anyone has never been my style and if that leads to people believing I don't bet, well, I just have to live with that. I will say this. I am an old fashioned bettor. I like win bets and occasionally some exactas. That's pretty much it. I don't like multi-race wagers much. If I do a multi-race wager, I will not go more than two horses deep in any race. To me, having to go 5-6 deep in any race means I don't have a strong opinion and I won't bet if I don't have a strong opinion.

Anyway, take the compliment bro. You do good work. Seriously. I don't have to like you as a person to say that.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:16 AM
Keeneland

I actually agree with King Glorious on something.

I enjoy BTW’s work on TVG as well.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I actually agree with King Glorious on something.

I enjoy BTW’s work on TVG as well.
Clock.
Work.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:48 AM
Keeneland

I enjoy BTW’s work on Good Morning America too. How about you?
Old 07-09-2020, 08:03 AM
Keeneland

BTW does great work on General Hospital as well.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:11 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I enjoy BTW’s work on Good Morning America too. How about you?
Some of my finest work.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:12 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Looking back on my days with Erica, Tad, and the others are some of my fondest memories.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
I’ve never seen that show. Too busy betting horses during the day.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:17 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
This is kind of dumb sir. I said i enjoy your work. I meant it. There's no need for me to say it if I didn't believe it. If you chose to believe i'm trolling you, that's your right. I know i mean it.

I don't own horses. I suspect most of us on here don't so most of the opinions we give on here involve us giving opinions on what others should do or should have done with their horses. Would I always follow my own suggestions if I was in the position of the owners? I'd like to think so but it's quite possible that I wouldn't. The beauty of forums like these is unlike you, most of us are just fans so we can talk about the sport from a different angle, an angle that is slanted more towards what we would like to see rather than what's best for the principals involved. That shouldn't be mistaken for not understanding that being 1/9 in a grade one against your own sex is a more logical spot than being 6/1 third choice in a an open grade one. That shouldn't be mistaken for not understanding how valuable that grade one is on the resume. I know how important the resume is in a breeding career.

How much I'll bet, I don't know. Depends on how the day has gone prior to that race. I've never divulged how much I bet before and I won't start with this race. To me, that information is and always has been private. Proving it to anyone has never been my style and if that leads to people believing I don't bet, well, I just have to live with that. I will say this. I am an old fashioned bettor. I like win bets and occasionally some exactas. That's pretty much it. I don't like multi-race wagers much. If I do a multi-race wager, I will not go more than two horses deep in any race. To me, having to go 5-6 deep in any race means I don't have a strong opinion and I won't bet if I don't have a strong opinion.

Anyway, take the compliment bro. You do good work. Seriously. I don't have to like you as a person to say that.

I'll admit to only glancing at this ( I think we can all agree that it's a bit on the long side ), but just one thing....I really did think you were trolling, you know....given I have never worked for TVG and it's been years since I even made one of my few brief appearances with them. I apologize and will now settle on Option B. I won't make that mistake again. Apologies.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I'll admit to only glancing at this ( I think we can all agree that it's a bit on the long side ), but just one thing....I really did think you were trolling, you know....given I have never worked for TVG and it's been years since I even made one of my few brief appearances with them. I apologize and will now settle on Option B. I won't make that mistake again. Apologies.
Now that is funny. Now I get the joke. I was always watching TvG and didn’t realize I said it instinctively. America’s Day at the Races on Fox.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:58 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
I’ve never seen that show. Too busy betting horses during the day.
Speaking of betting, how about a friendly bet for the Bluegrass. If Swiss Skydiver is in the exacta you can make my signature on the board. If she is not first or second, I get to make yours. You in?
Old 07-09-2020, 10:29 AM
Oriental Park

Swiss Skydiver could very well win the Bluegrass. It doesn’t look like the toughest field out there. But if Venetian Harbor is so good, why isn’t she running in the Bluegrass as well. Seems like malpractice to run her in the Ashland if she would at worst be the 2nd best horse in the Bluegrass.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Swiss Skydiver could very well win the Bluegrass. It doesn’t look like the toughest field out there. But if Venetian Harbor is so good, why isn’t she running in the Bluegrass as well. Seems like malpractice to run her in the Ashland if she would at worst be the 2nd best horse in the Bluegrass.
I would have loved to see her in the Blue Grass too but I think it makes more sense for her to be in the Ashland. She lost to Swiss Skydiver last time and there isn’t a real reason to believe she’d turn the tables.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Speaking of betting, how about a friendly bet for the Bluegrass. If Swiss Skydiver is in the exacta you can make my signature on the board. If she is not first or second, I get to make yours. You in?
Sure. It’s an easy bet for you because you know I’m a nice guy and won’t make anything negative for you. You’d have a field day with mine. It’s a bet.