Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2015, 01:18 AM
Randwyck

The weather looks to be beautiful in France with a firm turf course… with potential invaders for the Breeders' Cup.

Race 1)
Aiden O’Brien sends out #5 Ballydoyle, a full sister to Misty For Me (IRE) who tangoed with the top mares (Midday, anyone?) while picking up G1 victories and banking over a million bucks. Ryan Moore is aboard as the O’Brien son can’t make weight (he weighs about 125). Also, take note that this horse is named after one of their world class training facilities, so they must think highly of this filly. You should get a inflated price with #1 Antonoe in the race.

Race 2
An interesting twist, Godolphin has a three-headed monster here, but they’re all coupled only for win purposes. It seems easy enough to play them to win as a coupled entry, but you’ll still have to figure out the actual order of finish for exotics. I do like #11 Attendu for a price and the upset; has a good pedigree and his two siblings were no slouches. They both have three victories with earnings over $100,000.

Race 3
All the horses, but four of them are 3YOs, so we must respect the elders here. #2 Cladocera has been chasing Legatissimo, who is the top European mare not named Treve. This animal raced gallant in G1 Dubai World Turf against the world’s best, including The Grey Gatsby, whom you may see come to Keeneland for the Breeders’ Cup. I don’t see any strong foes compared to her previous competition and has previously had her picture taken at Longchamp. #4 We Are is the defending race champion and started her season with a tough race off a layoff against the top G1 boys, had no chance against Treve, then was thrown off by the wet conditions off a layoff. The 3YO I like in here is Freddie Head’s other entrant (also trains #4 We Are) in #12 Queen’s Jewel. Throw out the last race’s and she is reported to be training back to her previous form after giving her time off. I’m not a fan of the 3YO favourite in #7 Covert Love as she has not really faced this type of competition, despite the graded status of her races.

Race 4
#4 Treve goes for a historic third consecutive Arc victory and will be the heavy favourite; her stablemate (#17 Shahah) has been entered as rabbit. #1 Flintshire takes another crack at Treve after a dominant performance at Saratoga; #13 New Bay is a stablemate and the top French 3YO. Cheminaud opted to ride New Bay over Flintshire. Also, both horses are coupled for win wagering and is definitely worth a stab if 5/2 odds exist. #16 Golden Horse is the top British 3YO and has already faced elders in his last three starts, defeating The Grey Gatsby twice. I cannot see anyone else beating the horses I’ve mentioned for the exotic slots.

Race 5
This will be an exciting race… a five furlong sprint where everyone carries 137 pounds, with the exception of 2YOs with 119 pounds. One of the rare races where a 2YO can compete against older horses. There is only one 2YO in here and that’s #19 Gutaifan, who is in prime form. Also, the owners opted to ditch a valuable 2YO race last weekend for this race as he’d be conceding 7 pounds to his foes, whereas he gets 18 pounds advantage in here. Sigy won this race back in 1978 as a 2YO, so it's not out of the realm.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:22 AM
Gulfstream Park

Nice analysis ADJMK and GL, but wonder if they're going to be dousing the track with the firehose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
Thanks for the opinions Kitan.....got my alarm set, g'luck
GL as well casp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny View Post
where can i see the race, tvg doesnot list it for sundday but did last year
http://www.drf.com/events/arc-de-triomphe-longchamp
http://www.francegaloptv.com/webtvArc/en/
Twinspires...
Old 10-04-2015, 07:57 AM
Del Mar

Where's the PP's? Anyone?
Old 10-04-2015, 08:24 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpyder View Post
Where's the PP's? Anyone?
Twinspires has free pps
Old 10-04-2015, 09:03 AM
Saratoga

thats is one exciting race....
Old 10-01-2017, 09:26 AM
Oriental Park

The Arc 2017 - Enable . . . may be the best horse on the planet?! 3YO filly takes on the boys in this prestigious race and hands them their hat with ease. Quite amazing. Nice to see her in the Breeders Cup but too far for her to travel and what would it prove over what she has already done. She is very special!!!