Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2019, 09:05 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac View Post
Vekoma was a horse I put on watch list when he won maiden was impressed w time but then someone was talking about his action n that he paddles which could lead to issues. Have u guys heard anything about that?
I haven’t heard anything like that. He just put in another nice workout earlier today.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:09 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I want Code of Honor to bounce back. Tough spot though.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:29 PM
Jerome Park

It would be pretty amazing if Global Campaign ran in the Gotham given that he is about the only 3YO in the country NOT nominated to the race.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:37 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
I want Code of Honor to bounce back. Tough spot though.
I really am skeptical about his talent. His maiden win wasn't good. It just surprised us because of his pedigree and trainer that he wired a 6F race. However, it was a gold rail and a slow pace. His Champagne fooled people because he stumbled at the break, which even Shug said may well have turned out to be a blessing, as he was the only one that didn't chase the fast pace.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I really am skeptical about his talent. His maiden win wasn't good. It just surprised us because of his pedigree and trainer that he wired a 6F race. However, it was a gold rail and a slow pace. His Champagne fooled people because he stumbled at the break, which even Shug said may well have turned out to be a blessing, as he was the only one that didn't chase the fast pace.
I petty much agree. I want him to be OK, but not sure anymore.
Friday Mucho returns at Gulfstream and Roadster at Santa Anita. Both in allowance races. Good to see some of these horses coming back.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:03 PM

Look out for Tacticus.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:46 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Look out for Tacticus.
He's getting destroyed in the morning by Hidden Scroll. He's a LONG way from being a good horse.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:47 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I petty much agree. I want him to be OK, but not sure anymore.
Friday Mucho returns at Gulfstream and Roadster at Santa Anita. Both in allowance races. Good to see some of these horses coming back.
It will be interesting to see what Mucho can do. He might be pretty good.

I want Code of Honor to be good as well. I always root for Shug.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
He's getting destroyed in the morning by Hidden Scroll. He's a LONG way from being a good horse.
Hidden Scroll is probably pretty special. Wasn't American Pharaoh beating up on Dortmund in the mornings?
Old 02-26-2019, 10:02 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Look out for Tacticus.
Win Win Win is the horse to watch in that race. Horse is very fast and last work looked like the horse is ready to roll.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:50 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Win Win Win is the horse to watch in that race. Horse is very fast and last work looked like the horse is ready to roll.
I’m a little intrigued by the horse Avie’s Flatter, if he runs. He hasn’t run on dirt yet but his only loss so far is to Fog of War & War of Will, which is nothing to scoff at. Workouts on dirt are encouraging so far...no reason to think he can’t run.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:51 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
I know I’ve seen at least 4 of his 5 races live. I’ll go back and watch some of the replays. I like him. I think he’s still a notch below the top horses. Maybe he’ll continue to improve.
There’s been a lot of talk on social media about his debut race at Saratoga. The talk isn’t about how well He ran though. He ran second to Complexity that day. It’s an interesting race to watch as people are wondering why Irad Ortiz rode a puzzling ride which enabled Jose to get a nice clear path up the inside on the backstretch. On the head-on He obviously looks over to see where jose is with the well meant firster they are trying to get to the BC Juvinelle with, instead of easing over. Dylan Davis who is outside of Irad is forcing him in but he uses all his strength to keep the path open. It’s almost like Davis is saying wtf are you doing ? The fact that Harvey whipped the rest of them that weren’t assisted makes his run even more impressive.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
There’s been a lot of talk on social media about his debut race at Saratoga. The talk isn’t about how well He ran though. He ran second to Complexity that day. It’s an interesting race to watch as people are wondering why Irad Ortiz rode a puzzling ride which enabled Jose to get a nice clear path up the inside on the backstretch. On the head-on He obviously looks over to see where jose is with the well meant firster they are trying to get to the BC Juvinelle with, instead of easing over. Dylan Davis who is outside of Irad is forcing him in but he uses all his strength to keep the path open. It’s almost like Davis is saying wtf are you doing ? The fact that Harvey whipped the rest of them that weren’t assisted makes his run even more impressive.
Jesus
Old 02-27-2019, 10:38 AM
Newmarket

At this point, the three year old group looks mediocre at best. Although, Bafffert has the leading hand so far.

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 02-27-2019, 10:49 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff View Post
At this point, the three year old group looks mediocre at best. Although, Bafffert has the leading hand so far.
I have to disagree with you on that for now. The next 2-3 weeks will show us more. There are quite a few good horses going to be running with a lot of potential. I may change my opinion after that but for now expecting a very competitive 3 year old season.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:57 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Jesus
Well Joe why don’t you watch the replay and tell us what really happened in the race since you know everything . Watch the pan, then the head on. 9/3/18 race 3
Old 02-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff View Post
I think it looks outstanding. There is a ton of talent. I think Mott likes the cards he’s holding. I don’t really like any of the Bafferts.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:29 PM
Jerome Park

Bill Mott just threw up.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:47 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Bill Mott just threw up.
I laughed out loud.

It’s kind of like when I love a hoss and someone says Surly picks him on top. Funny thing is, it used to be because it would hurt the price, now it’s because he probably is gonna get beat.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:54 AM
Steve Byk

Game Winner & Improbable to Rebel which would split in to two $750,000 races if 20 or more enter..

Normally a 50-20-10-5 Derby point event, a split would award 37.5-15-7.5-3.5 to the super finishers..