Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2017, 08:30 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
From what i have seen the last 2 days, unless Bob is sending West Coast or American Anthem, Good Samaritan is going to win the Travers.
Tapwrit and classic Empire will have something to say in that race
Old 07-31-2017, 10:29 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Tapwrit and classic Empire will have something to say in that race

Aside from the two impossibly horrid trips in the Bluegrass and KD, what exactly has Tapwrit done wrong, again?

My only knock on him is they've just put him back in training (7/22) with only 2 works to date out of the Belmont. Is Pletcher even pointing to the Travers with him?
Old 07-31-2017, 12:46 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post

Aside from the two impossibly horrid trips in the Bluegrass and KD, what exactly has Tapwrit done wrong, again?

My only knock on him is they've just put him back in training (7/22) with only 2 works to date out of the Belmont. Is Pletcher even pointing to the Travers with him?
Good to hear from ya Dan. It seems the travers is on his radar from what I read so hopefully he will be fit.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:25 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post

Pletcher said in July that Tapwrit would be trained up to the Travers.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Outplay>Tapwrit.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:35 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Outplay>Tapwrit.
whooooooaaaaaaaaa

i know you're the king of bold statements, but can you tell me how you came up with this assessment?

You really think Outplay can handle any more distance, b/c he's going to have to to be competitive in the Travers. His win on Friday, while on paper will look overly impressive, visually he looked like he was on fumes half way down the lane. Nobody pressed that horse at all, and he shook his one and only challenger before he even entered the stretch. Also, who has he beat?

-bt-

Last edited by -BT- : 08-02-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:41 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
whooooooaaaaaaaaa

i know you're the king of bold statements, but can you tell me how you came up with this assessment?

You really think Outplay can handle any more distance, b/c he's going to half to to be competitive in the Travers. His win on Friday, while on paper will look overly impressive, visually he looked like he was on fumes half way down the lane. Nobody pressed that horse at all, and he shook his one and only challenger before he even entered the stretch. Also, who has he beat?

-bt-
I don't think he will even be in the Travers. That being said that horse has the easiest trip I have seen against a very weak field and looked like that's about as far as he can go distance wise That race was pretty slow and don't think this horse is in top half of a suspect 3 year old crop.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:19 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
whooooooaaaaaaaaa

You really think Outplay can handle any more distance, b/c he's going to have to to be competitive in the Travers. His win on Friday, while on paper will look overly impressive, visually he looked like he was on fumes half way down the lane. Nobody pressed that horse at all, and he shook his one and only challenger before he even entered the stretch. Also, who has he beat?

-bt-
Just not a Tapwrit fan.