Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2015, 12:21 PM
Hialeah Park

Here is link to Guest Book at Funeral Home. Steve's family would certainly appreciate hearing from his DT Family.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/bate...5143851&page=2
Old 06-25-2015, 01:53 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Here is link to Guest Book at Funeral Home. Steve's family would certainly appreciate hearing from his DT Family.

Thanks Bob......
Old 06-25-2015, 06:54 PM
The Curragh

Condolences to all Family and Friends. Rest in Peace, Steve.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:33 PM
Saratoga

Quote:

Thank you for posting it for all of us.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:27 AM
Steve Byk

Old 06-26-2015, 08:16 AM
Arlington Park

Didn't know him personally but will miss his posts in the political threads. Hope he's in a better, non-political place.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:25 AM
Hialeah Park

I printed all the pages of wonderful tributes and will place in his casket this morning so he can have your thoughts always.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:01 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileyoriley View Post
Didn't know him personally but will miss his posts in the political threads. Hope he's in a better, non-political place.
In honor of Dell the political forum should be closed until further notice

Quote:
I printed all the pages of wonderful tributes and will place in his casket this morning so he can have your thoughts always.
Nice...very nice !
Old 06-26-2015, 12:09 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2 View Post
In honor of Dell the political forum should be closed until further notice

Nice...very nice !
Or at least have a sticky to retire Dells number
Old 06-26-2015, 12:27 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2 View Post
In honor of Dell the political forum should be closed until further notice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Or at least have a sticky to retire Dells number
Bob suggested adding Dell's name to the Society Room which was a great idea..
Old 06-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Bob suggested adding Dell's name to the Society Room which was a great idea..
I'm literally weeping as I read this entire thread. This mans' life rippled through so many walks of life at Derby Trail. He will be sorely missed! It appears that we were the winners that Dells life touched so magnificently.

Thank you all for sharing your hearts about Steve!
Old 06-28-2015, 03:27 PM
Del Mar

Only knew dell from his posts in the politics forum and enjoyed his point counterpoint retorts to any issue..always had an answer to any of his 'foes'

52 way too young..Rest In Peace young fellow..you are missed..

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 07-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Steve Byk

From Greg Dellinger, his eulogy at Steve's service..

Good afternoon. My name is Greg Dellinger. On behalf of my mother, LaVerne, and my brother Dan, we would like to thank you for being here. We are so very appreciative of your support, as there is no doubt, we all loved my brother Steve.

Steve lived life. In fact, I would say he lived life bigger, bolder, brighter, almost double the voltage, than anybody else I know. He celebrated at every opportunity, many times just for the joy of it. And always sharing the happiness. I think that is why horse racing was his passion and calling. The elegance, excitement, intrigue, romance, and incomparable drama. He rarely missed a moment, and was always part of the action.

I sometimes would wonder where this came from, as growing up, we were not around horses. I mean once my mom let Steve and I ride a horse around a ring through the park district, yet that was it. We did think about getting a couple of horses and riding them from our house, past the library and the A&P, down Glenview Road and past Flower City, grabbing a beer at the Glenview Inn, and then right out of Dodge.

Steve had this amazing knack for handicapping. Creative, and super fast with figures, he would come up with the amazing scenarios. More often than not, they would come in.

Citation, Whirlaway, John Henry, Secretariat, American Pharoh, and now the new colt Irish Pharoh, Steve knew these horses to be the very sharpest cuts of all. He understood them, their trainers, owners, and their jockeys. He could do this because he cared.

Steve always, I mean always, called it the way it was. Loving and kind with an amazing spirit, personality and optimism. He would text me, and encourage me to stay strong, as tomorrow will always be a better day. Those my friends are his exact words.

As we grieve today, I would like share with you what Steve told me just a few months back that there is always a tomorrow that can’t be as bad as today or yesterday. He told me he would always be here for me, for us. And you know what, he is. In our memories, thoughts, and prayers. I can feel it, his laugh, smile, and spirit.

Steve won the race of life. He did it his way. No photo finish, and not down to the wire. By the eighth pole he had it nailed, by the sixteenth, he was so far ahead. He finished and won it all. He is home. The glory of heaven. And if you are wondering, as we all are how to carry on, we have Steve to help us, as he told me just a week ago: Life goes on for all, and stay strong!!!!!

God Speed, and Rest In Peace Steve Dellinger, we love you.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Saratoga

Thanks for posting this Steve
Old 07-25-2015, 10:15 PM
Hialeah Park

Big update tomorrow and a bump as well.......Steve Dellinger day 9/19 at AP
Old 06-22-2016, 08:14 AM
Hialeah Park

One year horrible Anniversary of Steve's passing....he is always missed.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:10 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
One year horrible Anniversary of Steve's passing....he is always missed.
miss him alot as do most on here..
Old 06-21-2020, 11:23 AM
Saratoga

Default Rest In Peace Steve

Tomorrow will mark 5 years since Steve left this world. Just remembering some of the "discussions" and opinions that Dell shared with us all.

Rest in Peace Dell...