Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-24-2015, 10:34 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Woman Gets Two Years In Prison For Squeezing Ex-Boyfriend’s Balls Until They Burst

After a scuffle, the victim was finally able to release himself from her clutches and fell to the floor in excruciating pain.

That’s when he noticed his scrotum had completely torn and loose from his body. The victim was forced to “pry his scrotum from Reber’s hand.”
http://crimefeed.com/2015/02/christina-lorena-reber/

Ouch!!!!
Old 04-24-2015, 10:43 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
Yea but that would involve going to college and graduating. With her unsure of accepting an offer like:

that probably wouldn't have been a possible.

BTW Popeyes must be paying some hefty wages for her to be able to support four children. That or her husband was working for AIG.
Or that is what her lawyer told her to do... Something tells me Mr. Dahani will be spending many times the money that was stolen.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:17 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Or that is what her lawyer told her to do... Something tells me Mr. Dahani will be spending many times the money that was stolen.
Well then good luck to her.

I think her chances are slim especially if the article was correct and this wasn't the first time it happened. But I'm sure some lawyer will take on the case.

BTW while conducting a due diligence investigation several years ago I came across a case report involving the founder of Popeye's (now deceased) in a fist fight at a steakhouse billed as 'The Battle of Trash with Cash'. He lost that fight so maybe she can get some of that cash left behind by the trash.

Last edited by dellinger63 : 04-24-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:28 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Well than good luck to her.

I think her chances are slim especially if the article was correct and this wasn't the first time it happened. But I'm sure some lawyer will take on the case.

BTW while conducting a due diligence investigation several years ago I came across a case report involving the founder of Popeye's (now deceased) in a fist fight at a steakhouse billed as 'The Battle of Trash with Cash'. He lost that fight so maybe she can get some of that cash left behind by the trash.
Reading the article, it seems she was a shift manager therefore probably made a decent income. While in grad school, I worked midnight shift at a convenience store, the company had a policy that no more than twenty dollars should be in the register...doubt that policy was followed 99% of the time, folks who set these standards seem to have no real world experience and frankly violation of same is a laughable excuse for firing someone. A pregnant worker being manhandled and robbed should not be fired for violation of same. A good lawyer will probably win such a case.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:42 PM
Dee Tee Stables

and i never would have imagined that people would bash others for a job they do. she works, but even that isn't enough to spare her comments because of the perception about that job.
years ago, when i was in the navy, a chief spoke to us about the different jobs the navy has.
some are glamorous, like the pilots, the submariners....and some get teased (food service, yeoman).
but, as he said, who is more important? the pilot? or the guy who tightens the bolts on the plane? every job is important, because all are needed for the navy to function. no food service, no food.
the garbage truck guy--if he wasn't there, we'd all have to take our trash to the dump, wouldn't we?
so, hey, sneer all you wish, those of you who feel so superior. you're not making the popeyes worker look foolish.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:26 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
and i never would have imagined that people would bash others for a job they do. she works, but even that isn't enough to spare her comments because of the perception about that job.
years ago, when i was in the navy, a chief spoke to us about the different jobs the navy has.
some are glamorous, like the pilots, the submariners....and some get teased (food service, yeoman).
but, as he said, who is more important? the pilot? or the guy who tightens the bolts on the plane? every job is important, because all are needed for the navy to function. no food service, no food.
the garbage truck guy--if he wasn't there, we'd all have to take our trash to the dump, wouldn't we?
so, hey, sneer all you wish, those of you who feel so superior. you're not making the popeyes worker look foolish.
I'm sorry you never learned how to read or structure a sentence. I didn't bash the job she has. If I bashed anyone it was Popeye's and the franchise owner for the horrible PR they chose to throw upon themselves. Oh and I bashed Popeye's founder and former CEO for being trash and the quality of chicken they sell that is also trash.

I'm also sorry the Navy Chief lied to you as how long and how much money in training would it cost to replace the pilot as opposed to the cook? Yet you believe they're equal in importance. Guess that's why they're on the same pay scale.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:50 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/jindal-wa...e-radical-left

Poor bobby...just doesn't understand. You see, we all deserve the same rights. No one is asking for special rights. I had no idea treating everyone with the same human decency, and everyone being equal was radical.
Well, no one except those who think their religion bestows a special dispensation to discriminate wants special rights.
Could someone, anyone, tell me when christ advocated judgment? Hate? Discrimination? Not treating others with the same behaviors they would want in return?
Or are these few 'Christians' failing to understand the words of the person they say they worship and follow?

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/santorum-...g-gay-marriage

Would this place any church opting to enter a political discussion by showing this in danger for losing tax exempt status?

Last edited by Danzig : 04-25-2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:33 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

Would this place any church opting to enter a political discussion by showing this in danger for losing tax exempt status?
Not as long as Rev. Jesse, Rev. Sharpton and operation PUSH are in existence.

Or don't they count in your argument?

The practice of religion is a right. However forcing someone to partake in said religion is not. Hope that helps a little.

Tolerance again, is not a one-way street but I suppose with the limited resources given to you at birth that is a concept that will forever elude you.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Oh! I meant to send you this story months ago- as a Navy vet, I think you will appreciate. It's the one under the heading "Tom Wilson."

http://kitchenette.jezebel.com/resta...-re-1673970550

Yeah. Do not eff with the people who cook your food.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:34 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk View Post
Oh! I meant to send you this story months ago- as a Navy vet, I think you will appreciate. It's the one under the heading "Tom Wilson."

http://kitchenette.jezebel.com/resta...-re-1673970550

Yeah. Do not eff with the people who cook your food.
Lol
I read the first one too....berry blank!!! Oh my
Old 04-26-2015, 04:47 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/26/politi...ech/index.html

Poor ted...thinks the bible rules here. You'd think a senator running for prez would understand the constitutional argument.
As for biblical marriage, does he mean polygamy?
Old 04-26-2015, 05:01 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2198576
Old 04-26-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
From Crooks and Liars' piece on this:

"Public schools would have been required to create an individual plan for Rose, accommodating her special needs and eventually helping her to move back into the mainstream as she recovered. But private schools -- particularly church schools -- are not under the same obligations. In fact, they're not required to follow any of the rules which guard the rights of disabled children to receive a free appropriate public education."

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/04/12...e-school-after
Old 04-26-2015, 05:49 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/26/politi...ech/index.html

Poor ted...thinks the bible rules here. You'd think a senator running for prez would understand the constitutional argument.
As for biblical marriage, does he mean polygamy?
Try reading the very 1st Amendment of the Constitution and ask for help with the big words.

You are improving by capitalizing the first word of a sentence.

Baby steps.

Last edited by dellinger63 : 04-26-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
From Crooks and Liars' piece on this:

"Public schools would have been required to create an individual plan for Rose, accommodating her special needs and eventually helping her to move back into the mainstream as she recovered. But private schools -- particularly church schools -- are not under the same obligations. In fact, they're not required to follow any of the rules which guard the rights of disabled children to receive a free appropriate public education."

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/04/12...e-school-after
She's probably better off out of there anyway. Just unreal that's how they chose to handle it. Glad for her shes beaten that disease. You'd think tho that private schools would have to meet the same standards...I thought the main reason people sought private was it was perceived as better?
Old 04-26-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
She's probably better off out of there anyway. Just unreal that's how they chose to handle it. Glad for her shes beaten that disease. You'd think tho that private schools would have to meet the same standards...I thought the main reason people sought private was it was perceived as better?
Yes, that is why parents seek private schools, even though the facts don't actually bear that belief out:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-book-says-no/

Adjusted for demographics, public schools do a better job, often because their teaching methods aren't outdated, like they often are in private schools (especially religious ones). Kids in private schools do well because they are rich, not because the school is private. As has been said before, the US does not have an education crisis; it has a poverty crisis.

Back in high school, at Model UN, I was seated next to a boy from the local Catholic School, who proceeded to jam his hand up my skirt half an hour into the session. I can't speak to his knowledge of the United Nations, but he certainly was well educated in sexually harassing teenage girls.

So yeah, depending on the poverty rates of the student body at the public school in Battle Creek, this young girl may well end up better off, and her parents may have a bit more money to put towards her college fund.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:16 PM

Ah, the power of the media- the school caved:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/g...eturn-30600790
Old 04-27-2015, 08:08 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

Back in high school, at Model UN, I was seated next to a boy from the local Catholic School, who proceeded to jam his hand up my skirt half an hour into the session. I can't speak to his knowledge of the United Nations, but he certainly was well educated in sexually harassing teenage girls.
Sorry it happened but I would think his parents and not the Catholic school bore the majority of the blame for the pervert's actions.

Ironically the only harassment I observed during 12 years of Catholic school was from 3 homosexual, Jesuit priests, one of whom was the school's President, during my Junior and Senior years at an all boys H.S.

Unluckily he avoided prison time but has since been removed. And two victims is a joke, more like 50 would be my guess. Victim received a settlement in the 90's and over 15 years later he was removed? :

http://www.bishopaccountability.org/...awrence_sj.htm
Old 04-27-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Sorry it happened but I would think his parents and not the Catholic school bore the majority of the blame for the pervert's actions.

Ironically the only harassment I observed during 12 years of Catholic school was from 3 homosexual, Jesuit priests, one of whom was the school's President, during my Junior and Senior years at an all boys H.S.

Unluckily he avoided prison time but has since been removed. And two victims is a joke, more like 50 would be my guess. Victim received a settlement in the 90's and over 15 years later he was removed? :

http://www.bishopaccountability.org/...awrence_sj.htm
This post isn't exactly what I would call a defense of Catholic schools.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
This post isn't exactly what I would call a defense of Catholic schools.
Wasn't meant to be. Certainly when I look back on the Academy and my grade school it wasn't the nuns and priests I remember fondly, it was my fellow students and many of their parents.

Loyola's majority of priests were decent, not great but decent, but some (at least 3) were Godless, lying, Chicken Hawks, nothing more and NOTHING LESS.