Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2016, 12:08 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
$500 is an exaggeration. I went $400 last race at Santa Anita Sunday, after hitting the Belmont pick 5. It all depends on the situation. I hardly bet every race......
I was talking about my size/appetite. Not the price so much.
Quote:
Belmont 10
$50 double
4,5/8,9
$20 double
4,5,13/8,9
$200 win 4
I’m not here to nitpick, but unless these aren't real wagers, it’s not an exaggeration

-bt-
Old 07-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
$10 for a salad, or $10 for a salad with no meat wouldn't work for someone of your "stature"?

i only ask, b/c you all the sudden seem to be sending in $200 - $500 a race without a problem?

$10 for a little cabbage too much?

-bt-
You said a race, like per race. I hardly bet every race and you just posted 3 wagers.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:25 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
You said a race, like per race. I hardly bet every race and you just posted 3 wagers.

i posted your 3 wagers from race 10 on saturday at belmont.
meaning, prior to race 10, you wagered $520 on the outcome of race 10.

is your thought process that if you bet a double you've spread your bankroll amongst two races? if that's the case it's most definitely not an exaggeration

-bt-
Old 07-13-2016, 12:29 PM
Washington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
times how many people at the window? skim off a hundred people, and you just made 600 bucks.

yep. and I wouldn't think it was skimming...but when the teller got so defensive when the mistake was pointed out, that's just odd.
years ago I worked for a vending company. one driver used to be right on with his money. and then he started being short each week, 40-60 bucks. not any one big shortage, a dollar here, a dollar there in his machines. he was let go. and at his next job, he was arrested for stealing.
I was indicted, never convicted.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:31 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
i posted your 3 wagers from race 10 on saturday at belmont.
meaning, prior to race 10, you wagered $520 on the outcome of race 10.

is your thought process that if you bet a double you've spread your bankroll amongst two races? if that's the case it's most definitely not an exaggeration

-bt-
Like I said its situation specific. But it is an exaggeration to act like I'm saying or actually betting $500 per race I bet. I hit the Baffert/Shug double for over 2k Saturday, then blew out of the pick 4. So yes, in that situation those 3 bets are what you say.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:08 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
$10 for a salad, or $10 for a salad with no meat wouldn't work for someone of your "stature"?

i only ask, b/c you all the sudden seem to be sending in $200 - $500 a race without a problem?

$10 for a little cabbage too much?

-bt-
Didn't understand that "stature" remark either. In the upcoming Battle of the Titans handicapping contest, Rock may win, if they ever get out of the insulting stage and get down to business. As Declan said, RH10's play is much improved, but in a war of words, who could beat "this morning's double flusher ghost." Sounds like dialogue that should have been spoken by Rocky Balboa or maybe Ratso.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:18 PM
Havre de Grace

The story of the ghost....I feel badly that you don't get the audio of the thickest Boston accent evah... Like Elwood blues is to the Chicago accent
Old 07-13-2016, 01:41 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
The story of the ghost....I feel badly that you don't get the audio of the thickest Boston accent evah... Like Elwood blues is to the Chicago accent
I got it. Much of what you say, I don't get, but I got that one and as Declan said you are a very funny guy and no criticism intended from me towards you or Rock. As others have said this whole thread was pretty entertaining, especially for what is usually a boring Tuesday. I look forward to the Clash of the Titans. Don't do that somebody's got to leave thing though. Nobody ever does and it wouldn't be the same place, if people did.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:06 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
$500 is an exaggeration. I went $400 last race at Santa Anita Sunday, after hitting the Belmont pick 5. It all depends on the situation. I hardly bet every race......
I was talking about my size/appetite. Not the price so much.
Look you are a player not a whale but a real honest to goodness gambler betting REAL money. I hope you used Alabama's proven angles in future...Did this Shug 5/8 work after all those halfs
figure in the 2000.00 Double SCORE. I have to tell you reading about your plays is great insight thanks for posting.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:25 PM
helicopter11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Only way it gets better is to watch you with a 5x5x5x5x5 pick 5 displayed behind you on your simulcast. While you talk down to us on Derby Trail.

PURE COMEDY GOLD !

I cant stop laughing!!

Well played sir!
Old 07-16-2016, 02:40 AM
Saratoga

Not that it really matters now, but I think every cashed/cancelled ticket is saved in the machine unless its a tax ticket which tellers hand in manually, the manager should / could have opened it up. Seems very huffy puffy for what was a 5 second fix if calm heads were had.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:05 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better.
August 4th 2014. Race 7. Your top play was Rumble Doll. I wasn't looking at the horse to include in my P4. Well I listened, sparking a 4785.00 P4 payout. I thanked you as you were walking out through the backyard. Well, thanks again. All others can ignore your top plays at their peril. Especially at the SPA.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:42 PM
helicopter11

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogadew View Post
August 4th 2014. Race 7. Your top play was Rumble Doll. I wasn't looking at the horse to include in my P4. Well I listened, sparking a 4785.00 P4 payout. I thanked you as you were walking out through the backyard. Well, thanks again. All others can ignore your top plays at their peril. Especially at the SPA.
Even A broken clock is right twice a day.

He has several top picks in any given race. There isnt a horse he doesnt like.
I am not sure if he is a handicapper or auditioning for Saturday night live.
Either way he is funny.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:10 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter11 View Post
Even A broken clock is right twice a day.

He has several top picks in any given race. There isnt a horse he doesnt like.
I am not sure if he is a handicapper or auditioning for Saturday night live.
Either way he is funny.
This is an idiotic post and I know you're smarter than this.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:21 PM
helicopter11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
This is an idiotic post and I know you're smarter than this.
Obviously I am not a fan of him. I dont have to be. I find you to be a sharper handicapper than him.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
Not that it really matters now, but I think every cashed/cancelled ticket is saved in the machine unless its a tax ticket which tellers hand in manually, the manager should / could have opened it up. Seems very huffy puffy for what was a 5 second fix if calm heads were had.
Yeah, you're right. It should be marked (so that it's not paid twice) and inside the machine.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:43 PM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
she did open the machine and laid out the tickets...she claimed she couldn't find mine.. when the supervisor showed up, it seems the ticket was right on top of the pile...she lied..
then when the supervisor pointed it out to the teller...she started with this crap...how do we know its his ticket ? yah, i found the ticket on the floor, or someone else gave it to me.....sheesh...

the broad tried to rip me off, plain and simple !!...so did the waiter...lie cheat and steal
Old 07-24-2016, 08:41 PM
Belmont Park

Today at Monmouth
7 bucks to get in clubhouse
3 bucks for seat in simo room(son free)
2 double Tito's 24.00
1 chicken fingers 9 bucks with a huge plate of FF's
2 dasani waters 20oz 8.00
1 Ok bowl of soup, she forgot to charge me
1 turkey club and FF 11.00
VERY FAIR!!! service was good even brought my son a phone charger
1 20.00 tip