Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-11-2016, 03:16 PM
Tropical Park

Default Arlington Park motto, LIE CHEAT STEAL from patrons

below is an email I sent to Tony Petrillo,
regarding my experience at AP on Saturday 7-9 Million Preview Day..
they gave no response , so I post it here for your reading pleasure

It was a nice day Saturday, so I decided to go to Arlington Park for Million preview day.

What a mistake this decision this turned out to be.
I spent $23 dollars for million room admittance.
In the fifth race I had the place horse for $8, that’s paid $16 ($4)

Your teller decided to shortchange me $6 and paid me $10.
We had to get the supervisor, she finally decided to “give me $6 dollars out of her pocket” to satisfy me.
I don’t know how she managed to fool the machine into giving a false payout, something you need to investigate.
I suggest she gave me $6 dollars out of the drawer, to stop the supervisor from investigating what she doing. She was obviously running some sort of scam.
I can’t forget her telling me
“ I’ll pay you the 6 bucks, BUT DON’T YOU EVER COME BACK HERE”
Pardon me where does a teller get off saying this to me? A customer on the 4th floor in the million room
The supervisor said he would file a report for this inappropriate behavior..please see to it that it was done.

Later after the 8th race, I ask for my check. I bought a small salad, an orange juice and a pepsi, 18 dollars worth of food, I sat at table 109c. I was moved there because despite your advertising tables in the million room had tv’s on the tables..table 108 did not. The tv’s are worthless props, they are not bright enough to see and view at all, and the tote board is too far away to see it !!
The waiter brought me the customer copy of the receipt from table 114, for 23 dollars as my check.
Then he disappeared, and I finally got someone to get him back. I told him he gave me the wrong check, not to mention the customers copy. He returned back….again with the wrong check from a different table…for 23 dollars….once is a mistake , twice is an attempt to fool me and steal from me.
Then when he returned for the third time, he gave me the check for 18.07 and said it was 18.87…
Then he got angry at me for NOT TIPPING HIM MORE THAN A DOLLAR after he tried three times to steal from me..got an attitude and stomped off.

SO I GUESS YOUR CORPORATE MOTTO IS..
WHEN IT COMES TO THE CUSTOMER, SOME WHO HAVE LIVED IN COOK COUNTY FOR OVER 150 YEARS..
LIE TO THEM..CHEAT THEM, AND STEAL FROM THEM !!
NICE ORGANIZATION …REAL NICE.

Please write to me, and let me know if the teller who tried to cheat me, and scolded me “ DON’T EVER COME BACK HERE” has been disciplined for her inappropriate behavior..
WHY WOULD I EVER WANT TO RETURN TO ARLINGTON PARK ? WHY WOULD ANYONE ??
I feel as though you should refund my admission for being abused by your employees - lie cheat and steal
How are you going to appease my anger for you ruining my weekend ?
Old 07-11-2016, 03:28 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretriat34 View Post
below is an email I sent to Tony Petrillo,

It was a nice day Saturday, so I decided to go to Arlington Park for Million preview day.

We had to get the supervisor, she finally decided to “give me $6 dollars out of her pocket” to satisfy me.
I don’t know how she managed to fool the machine into giving a false payout, something you need to investigate.
I suggest she gave me $6 dollars out of the drawer, to stop the supervisor from investigating what she doing. She was obviously running some sort of scam.
“ I’ll pay you the 6 bucks, BUT DON’T YOU EVER COME BACK HERE”
Pardon me where does a teller get off saying this to me? A customer on the 4th floor in the million room
The supervisor said he would file a report for this inappropriate behavior..please see to it that it was done.

Later after the 8th race, I ask for my check. I bought a small salad, an orange juice and a pepsi, 18 dollars worth of food, I sat at table 109c. I was moved there because despite your advertising tables in the million room had tv’s on the tables..table 108 did not. The tv’s are worthless props, they are not bright enough to see and view at all, and the tote board is too far away to see it !!
The waiter brought me the customer copy of the receipt from table 114, for 23 dollars as my check.
Then he disappeared, and I finally got someone to get him back. I told him he gave me the wrong check, not to mention the customers copy. He returned back….again with the wrong check from a different table…for 23 dollars….once is a mistake , twice is an attempt to fool me and steal from me.
Then when he returned for the third time, he gave me the check for 18.07 and said it was 18.87…
Then he got angry at me for NOT TIPPING HIM MORE THAN A DOLLAR after he tried three times to steal from me..got an attitude and stomped off.

SO I GUESS YOUR CORPORATE MOTTO IS..
WHEN IT COMES TO THE CUSTOMER, SOME WHO HAVE LIVED IN COOK COUNTY FOR OVER 150 YEARS..
LIE TO THEM..CHEAT THEM, AND STEAL FROM THEM !!
NICE ORGANIZATION …REAL NICE.

Please write to me, and let me know if the teller who tried to cheat me, and scolded me “ DON’T EVER COME BACK HERE” has been disciplined for her inappropriate behavior..
WHY WOULD I EVER WANT TO RETURN TO ARLINGTON PARK ? WHY WOULD ANYONE ??
I feel as though you should refund my admission for being abused by your employees - lie cheat and steal
How are you going to appease my anger for you ruining my weekend ?
I had a similar situation happen at Monmouth Park several years ago. The Clerk put the ticket in the machine then quickly cleared it and keyed in a different amount that showed in the window. She paid me that amount but not from the drawer. While it was happening I just thought maybe I hadn't calculated the payout correctly and left. When I got home I checked and I was correct then replayed what happened and there is only one conclusion that I got scammed. It won't happen again I can assure you and if it is attempted I won't leave the window until the police are called.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Dee Tee Stables

sounds like clerks trying to skim, more than anything. just like when a cashier works out of an open drawer at a store, and tells you it's 'broken'. they're putting the money in their pocket.
that's probably why the clerk just gave money out of their own pocket in the first instance, she doesn't want anyone from Arlington checking her drawer.
they don't have cameras at every register to watch the customers only...
Old 07-12-2016, 07:28 AM
Belmont Park

Trying to skim 6 bucks? Not likely
Think you just had a bunch of part time people that had a rough day, inexperienced and half hearted. I expect no less at track, save a full meet like SPA were the folks are excellent because they make good money and know they have a 60 day confirmed great place to work and earn.

BTW you really use tellers? Between ADW's and machines, teller's have to have most risk right?
Old 07-12-2016, 07:42 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Think you just had a bunch of part time people that had a rough day, inexperienced and half hearted. I expect no less at track, save a full meet like SPA were the folks are excellent because they make good money and know they have a 60 day confirmed great place to work and earn.

BTW you really use tellers? Between ADW's and machines, teller's have to have most risk right?
Isn't the definition of "skimming" taking a small amount so it is not detected?
Old 07-12-2016, 07:59 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Yes but 6 of 16
Old 07-12-2016, 07:59 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
6-10$ from 70-80 bettor's coming to your window that day adds up.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:03 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Yes but 6 of 16
Missed that... You are right there
Old 07-12-2016, 08:17 AM
Flemington

There are probably tellers that used to skim here and there when possible, but I think that has to do because the days of them making tip money are over. Lets face it, I would think a high percentage of real bettors (not the $2 to win crowd) now use their accounts to play. Which means when they cash a ticket, or make a decent score, they don't feel obligated to tip the teller who put the bet in for them. I would think some of the old time tellers who knew the local crowd, could have some really good days based on tips alone. Now that money is gone, maybe they need to pull the old skimming trick out of the bag.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:35 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
There are probably tellers that used to skim here and there when possible, but I think that has to do because the days of them making tip money are over. Lets face it, I would think a high percentage of real bettors (not the $2 to win crowd) now use their accounts to play. Which means when they cash a ticket, or make a decent score, they don't feel obligated to tip the teller who put the bet in for them. I would think some of the old time tellers who knew the local crowd, could have some really good days based on tips alone. Now that money is gone, maybe they need to pull the old skimming trick out of the bag.
I think I will head to Freehold today and see if I can find the skimmers lol
Old 07-12-2016, 08:47 AM
Flemington

Quote:
I think I will head to Freehold today and see if I can find the skimmers lol
Just make sure you're caught up on your tetanus shots.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:51 AM
Havre de Grace

In the 5th race I had the place hoss for $8 that's $16 ($4)

It couldn't possibly be you that made a mistake ? After all this was stated so clearly.
The teller wouldn't last a day with that scam. If you cash a ticket and aren't looking at the screen for the total as the ticket is processed, you are either a careless Bastid or cash about as frequently as Rock Head Ten, which is not very often
Old 07-12-2016, 09:02 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

times how many people at the window? skim off a hundred people, and you just made 600 bucks.

Quote:
yep. and I wouldn't think it was skimming...but when the teller got so defensive when the mistake was pointed out, that's just odd.
years ago I worked for a vending company. one driver used to be right on with his money. and then he started being short each week, 40-60 bucks. not any one big shortage, a dollar here, a dollar there in his machines. he was let go. and at his next job, he was arrested for stealing.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post

It couldn't possibly be you that made a mistake ? After all this was stated so clearly.
The teller wouldn't last a day with that scam. If you cash a ticket and aren't looking at the screen for the total as the ticket is processed, you are either a careless Bastid or cash about as frequently as Rock Head Ten, which is not very often
This is silly. Check the play along threads for last week.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Longchamps

Quote:

Rock has more winners in one week then you do all year.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:00 AM
Havre de Grace

[quote=Secretriat34;1069119]below is an email I sent to Tony Petrillo,

“ I’ll pay you the 6 bucks, BUT DON’T YOU EVER COME BACK HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Rock has more winners in one week then you do all year.
He bets every race at every track , genius. But at least he doesn't claim to win contests that he lost
Old 07-12-2016, 12:01 PM
Tropical Park

Quote:

NO thats not possible, the winner was 5 to 2..place bet paid $4..
8 dollars to place is 4 times 4 dollars..thats 16 not 10

and it isn't just the teller who went ballistic when caught,
it was the waiter who brought me the check from two tables that weren't my check. first the check from table 114, and then again from a different table, and he presented me with the customers copies , so there was no space on the check given to me to sign it.
I guess he thought i would sign the table 114 check, and he would later transcribe the total amount to my check...and pocket the difference between the 23 dollars on the table 114 check and the 18 dollars on mine. nice scam give out the wrong check , and then pocket the difference when he rings it up...scum bag

it seems at AP everyone tries to steal or cheat you...the tellers, the waiters.
I guess the waiters assume you're too drunk to read your check.

$18 .07 for a salad , pepsi, and an orange juice...pfft..
Old 07-12-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretriat34 View Post
NO thats not possible, the winner was 5 to 2..place bet paid $4..
8 dollars to place is 4 times 4 dollars..thats 16 not 10

and it isn't just the teller who went ballistic when caught,
it was the waiter who brought me the check from two tables that weren't my check. first the check from table 114, and then again from a different table, and he presented me with the customers copies , so there was no space on the check given to me to sign it.
I guess he thought i would sign the table 114 check, and he would later transcribe the total amount to my check...and pocket the difference between the 23 dollars on the table 114 check and the 18 dollars on mine. nice scam give out the wrong check , and then pocket the difference when he rings it up...scum bag

it seems at AP everyone tries to steal or cheat you...the tellers, the waiters.
I guess the waiters assume you're too drunk to read your check.

$18 .07 for a salad , pepsi, and an orange juice...pfft..

Did the salad have meat? Chicken, steak? A good salad can be up to $15. So that totals not egregious.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:22 PM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Did the salad have meat? Chicken, steak? A good salad can be up to $15. So that totals not egregious.
the salad was 10 bucks 3.50 for the oj and 3.50 for the pop plus tax..10 . something percent
Old 07-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Havre de Grace

I went to Arlington Friday and Saturday and had a blast. No one stole from me (that I know of). Just felt the thread needed a little levity and balance.